Page 708 of 818 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758808 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 12269

What are Wanda's powers today? Are they Hex Power or sorcery? Or are they a form of energy that allows her to harness the magical energy without being a true witch? I am confused as to Wanda these days!

Moonie Since 1995! =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What are Wanda's powers today? Are they Hex Power or sorcery? Or are they a form of energy that allows her to harness the magical energy without being a true witch? I am confused as to Wanda these days!
    In recent books and going off of the James Robinson Solo, all other books seem to be following James Robinson's model of them being both an Inherited Power from her mother, Powers of Witches and of that of the natural order combined with spells and sorcery learned.

Their is still reference here and their about Hex and Chaos Magic, but it is mostly that Phoenixx9.

Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!

~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Ah, thank you so much, CJ!

Ah, thank you so much, CJ!
    NP Phoenixx9 Always glad too , at least that what it seems that Marvel is going with now with the most recent stories being from Uncanny Avengers with Doctor Voodoo, so I think the power definitions are still the same as in Robinson's book. Like Busiek before him, Robinson made a new standard for Wanda that IMO has been working while like in that Image still giving honor to how her powers where defined in the past.

ALSO an Important Personal Note Project I like to share with the Thread cause You are all the Best and My Friends!

I AGAIN Partipated in the Read 1,000 Comics CBR Challenge for 2017!

However cause the last 3-4 months of 2017 Become so Personally busy for me in various ways I did not Hit sadly 1,000+ like I did for 2016, BUT still ranked in MAJOR GRAND TOTAL of ~~~ 735 Comics Read in 2017!

The Link is below with my list, Always Nice to share my Fandom and Personal Achievements with My Friends and how Wanda Motivates Me Allot in My Life! ;-)

http://community.comicbookresources....95#post3362595

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Yes, and I guess with not being considered a mutant at this point still(?), The Hex power idea does not really work well. But in the past, I never thought of Wanda as a real magic user/wielder despite reading some texts and doing some rituals, whether that potential lies in her genes/heritage or not.

so how is this squared with the Dr. Strange notion that "there is no such thing" as chaos magic? has all that been sorted out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how is this squared with the Dr. Strange notion that "there is no such thing" as chaos magic? has all that been sorted out yet?
    Yea............by all I know about that Dr. Strange only utter that during Dissembles and many I have known including me still can't by canon grasp WHY Bendis wrote that to begin with. Before Chaos Magic was a thing and by what I have heard it was for Dr. Strange too and after Dissembles it STILL was a thing.

Honestly for many of Wanda fan and fans in general it was just Something Bendis pulled out Head for whatever reason to add to his strange list excuses for Wanda losing control.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Writers later like Dan Slott, Remender, Allan Heinberg, Jim Zub, etc, still directly or indirectly mention Chthon and Chaos Magic,
    so I don't take that seriously.

As for Stephen, just a another victim of AD's group amnesia.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-07-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Mighty Member

I think Post-Agatha Traning Wanda got two sets of power which is Hex(her mutant power) and Spells(Witchcraft learnt from Agatha.)Her cameo in Dr.Strange comic also kinda implies that. Also in Nights of Wundagore, she broke free after being captured by Modred because he only blocked her magic power.

Post-Busiek, I think it's just making her Hex a combined force of Chthon's influence plus mutant power instead of just mutant power.
    Chaos Magic got dropped and picked up a lot, so I think it's still a thing.
    Her solo's reveal of her mother add to the witchcraft part.

So if you acknowledge all these, it will be like her power is Probability Manipulation/Reality Warping(Chthon's Influence+Mutant Power/or HE's enhanced power)+Witchcraft(Agatha's teaching + Natalya's heritage.)
    She will still be able to use magical energy even if she never learnt any mysic knowledge.
    But she can either do it both ways I think. But most writers prefer to stick to one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think Post-Agatha Traning Wanda got two sets of power which is Hex(her mutant power) and Spells(Witchcraft learnt from Agatha.)Her cameo in Dr.Strange comic also kinda implies that. Also in Nights of Wundagore, she broke free after being captured by Modred because he only blocked her magic power.

Post-Busiek, I think it's just making her Hex a combined force of Chthon's influence plus mutant power instead of just mutant power.

So if you acknowledge all these, it will be like her power is Probability Manipulation/Reality Warping(Chthon's Influence+Mutant Power/or HE's enhanced power)+Witchcraft(Agatha's teaching + Natalya's heritage.)
    She will still be able to use magical energy even if she never learnt any mysic knowledge.
    But she can either do it both ways I think. But most writers prefer to stick to one.
    Mutant power doesn't really count currently lol.

Thank you for the different eras of powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Thank you for the different eras of powers.
    I like to think of it as a Combo too, that is why even thought allot of Robinson while Really Good was about Witchcraft, Spells and in-heritage magics, we still get the littering of Hex, Genetics, Chthon and My Favorite Chaos Magic that has connections to Chthon, with other writers and stories.

IMO it is nice Wanda has these various powers cause it makes her interesting and a character that has mystery and variety to her when handled right and with respect.

She is a Very Mysterious Character even to herself, its one of her main aspects of Wanda what keeps her Unique IMO.

Here is some more history Lessons to Remeber that I love that help Define Wanda from the Busiek Era;

Last edited by CJStriker; 01-07-2018 at 07:27 PM.

So, when Wanda uses her powers, does she now know/control/get the desired effect she wants? All the time? Is there still some randomness and uncertainty?

Lightbulb

So, when Wanda uses her powers, does she now know/control/get the desired effect she wants? All the time? Is there still some randomness and uncertainty?
    In her past by what I have read so far it was more random at times in her earlier days, but that is what I have read/known so far, I have allot more classics to read to get the full picture.

However, Threw the Busiek~Era and mostly Now a days thanks to the Robinson~Era, Wanda gets more of the Desired effects she wants thanks to her further understanding of her powers and her training in spacecrafts/casting. :-)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Like I said, I think HE experiment was meant to replace the mutant part.
    Both are Genetically Based powers.