Page 742 of 818 FirstFirst ... 242642692732738739740741742743744745746752792 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is why I am confused as to 2018 comic version of Wanda's powers. Is there any definitive evidence or explanation of what her powers are, except being magical now, right?

Does Wanda still do hexes? Hex Spheres? Does she still refer to her power as "Hex Power"?
    Hexes are still mentioned in Robinson's run, but it's more of " Witchcraft Spells" than Probability Manipulation/ Reality Warping Hex.
    Usually I think all of her natural powers count as hexes( Genetic and Chthonic), and the learned powers count as spells.(Spells and rituals Agatha taught her.) Not exactly accurate, just easy to distinguish.
    Agatha's training was meant to make her control her natural power better, but still Witchcraft and Chaos Magic(post-Busiek, it's just her Mutant Power pre-Busiek, I think)are different branches of powers.
    Like Wanda is a Literature genius and Agatha is her Language teacher, so she can write better, but she already has the raw talent.(Not the best anology I know.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it happens to basically every character with complex power structure.
    I mean, one of my friends who is a Storm fan always complain about how Storm is reduced to a just lightning throwing Mutant, ignoring her Mystical ties and a lot of other powers.
    The same for Thor, what is the last time he used element control and energy absorption with his hammer.
    Wanda's case is like no one wants to acknowledge who is the golden rule, I personally think it's Busiek, but not everyone follows that.
    This is true, but I feel like with Wanda it creates more confusion over what her powers actually are at any given time than it does for someone like Thor or Storm. Especially when probability is acknowledged, or with the tacked on reality warping that was supposedly from the life force, but now maybe isn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    This is true, but I feel like with Wanda it creates more confusion over what her powers actually are at any given time than it does for someone like Thor or Storm. Especially when probability is acknowledged, or with the tacked on reality warping that was supposedly from the life force, but now maybe isn't.
    I think Life Force only has to do with the scale.
    I think Charge Attacks in video games may applies to Wanda well, her Hexes' power-scale depend on the time(the effect of the attack), energy(the upper limit of the attack), focus(the accuracy of the attack.)
    Low-charge attacks:energy blast, indirect TK, breaking stuff
    Middle-charge attacks: teleportation, disrupting machines/organic structure(jamming guns, shutting down bots, neural disruption.) collapse a building
    High-charge attacks:rebuilding, reshaping complicated structures or reality.

So basically if she is fighting alone, she will depend on more immediate form of attack like TK/Energy blast, withher teammates around she can use some cover to build stronger/charged hex to make more unlikely/complicated events to happen.(Busiek is more like later for the most part I think, like she blowing up Masque's bots in a row after her teammates held off some of them.)

It's just my thought, pretty easy to grasp.

For more keen writers, they can let Wanda use Witchcraft spells as well. Though writers didn't keep track of magic spells these days, they usually just pop up whenever needed, even more so than Chaos Magic and Reality Warping power.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-30-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Jim Zub tweeted:

Anonymous asked:
    Do you know if there are any immediate post-No Surrender plans for Wasp , Scarlet Witch , and Synapse? Loved them in Uncanny Avengers.

Who says they all survive ‘til the end of it?

Wanda appears in the Avengers #687 preview:
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-687-no-surrender-preview/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 03-30-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Incredible Member

They already screwed over all the US Avengers so why not.

New Figure of Scarlet Witch/Vision review!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jim Zub tweeted:

Anonymous asked:
    Do you know if there are any immediate post-No Surrender plans for Wasp , Scarlet Witch , and Synapse? Loved them in Uncanny Avengers.

Who says they all survive ‘til the end of it?

Wanda appears in the Avengers #687 preview:
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-687-no-surrender-preview/
    Hopefully he is just bluffing, he introduced that Wanda/Jericho thing, I think he originally has more plans in stock.
    Maybe Wanda could connet with "Human Viv" in Champions, who knows?

And speaking of being killed off, it's just an after-thought but I kinda wish Johns killed Wanda off like in Red Zone.
    And she could stay dead and avoid the Bendis take-over, and Allan Heinberg still wrote Young Avengers.
    The Children's Crusade will be about Wiccan/Young Avengers and Doom saving Wanda from Chthon(maybe like trapped inside Darkhold)Triumph and Torment style. Fans may still wait for years but much feud and bitterness won't be there.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

With Dan Slott writing the return of the Fantastic Four I hope Wanda can guest in it. She and Pietro already have a history with the FF, beginning in Strange Tales #128 when they went to the Baxter Building in an attempt to leave the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, only to be rebuffed by Johnny and Ben as they still considered the twins as villains. Then as Avengers they met the FF several times. Sue and Wanda have comforted each other, once when Vision was incapacitated while attempting to breach Annihilus' null field surrounding the BB, and later when Reed vanished with Ben, Johnny and many Avengers during Secret Wars. And of course, who can forget how Wanda came to Reed's assistance to defeat the Wizard and his Frightful Four with the female Salem's Seven members? Wanda and Johnny are teammates in Uncanny Avengers. And Agatha Harkness mentored Wanda and was Franklin Richards' first nanny.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As a fan and reader since the late '60s of many/most DC and Marvel, I hate the ubiquitous deaths and ultimate returns. Death doesn't seem very real anymore, like it did when Gwen or Jean first died.

I feel that Bucky's return was incredibly well-thought out and mostly gets a pass from me. The backstory elements of how he knew the semi ageless Natasha actually was pretty coherent, filled in some gaps or back story we may never gotten.

I would stop reading a lot of comics if Wanda was killed. Just because.

Yes the connections especially between Wanda and the four, the resonance with magic and Agatha, the more mystical villains or stories of the four are fertile ground for new stories.

Great idea!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    With Dan Slott writing the return of the Fantastic Four I hope Wanda can guest in it. She and Pietro already have a history with the FF, beginning in Strange Tales #128 when they went to the Baxter Building in an attempt to leave the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, only to be rebuffed by Johnny and Ben as they still considered the twins as villains. Then as Avengers they met the FF several times. Sue and Wanda have comforted each other, once when Vision was incapacitated while attempting to breach Annihilus' null field surrounding the BB, and later when Reed vanished with Ben, Johnny and many Avengers during Secret Wars. And of course, who can forget how Wanda came to Reed's assistance to defeat the Wizard and his Frightful Four with the female Salem's Seven members? Wanda and Johnny are teammates in Uncanny Avengers. And Agatha Harkness mentored Wanda and was Franklin Richards' first nanny.
    Yeah, Franklin and Wanda's dynamic could be interesting, their powers plus their connections to Agatha.
    Also Luna is once in Future Foundation, better bring the kids along if she makes an appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As a fan and reader since the late '60s of many/most DC and Marvel, I hate the ubiquitous deaths and ultimate returns. Death doesn't seem very real anymore, like it did when Gwen or Jean first died.

I feel that Bucky's return was incredibly well-thought out and mostly gets a pass from me. The backstory elements of how he knew the semi ageless Natasha actually was pretty coherent, filled in some gaps or back story we may never gotten.

I would stop reading a lot of comics if Wanda was killed. Just because.
    I am not bothered that much though, especially in terms of mystical characters.
    I had a headcanon that Wanda's life story will be recorded in Darkhold since Chthon's history and prophecy are in the book.
    I kinda want to see a alternative future where Wanda is physically dead but still hangs around in astral form like Agatha did, and acting more sarcastic, and tons of black humor.

I wouldn't want MU Wanda to be killed off of course, I was saying she could really dodge a bullet if she just died before Bendis took over. Again it's wishful thinking.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-30-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, Franklin and Wanda's dynamic could be interesting, their powers plus their connections to Agatha.
    Also Luna is once in Future Foundation, better bring the kids along if she makes an appearance.
    Franklin also said that Wanda was his favourite Avenger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Franklin also said that Wanda was his favourite Avenger.
    It could be X-23 taking care of the Richards kids.
    Getting along with those kids could do her some good, and some happy family story is probably the most safe one for Wanda as well.