Page 169 of 818 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

I'm just really bored with AXIS and Evil Inverted Wanda. She doesn't get to do anything. In Avengers World #14 she is literally just a plot device - I mean there's a literal device she's part of. Just end AXIS already and get on with Wanda and Pietro finding out their dad is the Whizzer or something.

BANNED

Don't think this has been posted yet:

Scarlet Witches bio for Contest of Champions.

spoliers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I like the change. Wanda says that she feels liberated. No longer does she need to be defined by who her father is.
    Same, I can live with it. Less involvement with X-men the better. At least Magnus has Polaris now.

I really hate Marvel right now.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

How utterly embarrassing, literally the only thing that made the character interesting removed from her story. Cringe Cringe Cringe. The integrity of the character has been pretty low post House Of M, this just utterly destroyed it forever.

Her fans should be totally furious. Marvel just handed you the biggest FU ever.

BANNED

A retcon with no explanation that is sloppy and goes against ton's of cannon that's been established.

So what? Now remender will explain that Wanda and Pietro are really from counter earth and somehow got pulled to 616 earth through the energies of Wungdapore MT!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    A retcon with no explanation that is sloppy and goes against ton's of cannon that's been established.
    Hardly anything new, is it really?

They will be whatever they turn out to be in Age Of Ulltron.

BANNED

Why should I be furious Wanda and Pietro no longer have any ties to Magneto thus cutting off whatever connection the X-men and Avengers once had. Plus now with Wanda and Pietro no longer mutants fans of the X-men have no real reason to hate them now that their Inhumans. You always hated them for being traitors to the mutant race now their no longer mutants and hopefully this puts a kibosh on any further X-men and Avengers crossovers for good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Why should I be furious Wanda and Pietro no longer have any ties to Magneto thus cutting off whatever connection the X-men and Avengers once had. Plus now with Wanda and Pietro no longer mutants fans of the X-men have no real reason to hate them now that their Inhumans. You always hated them for being traitors to the mutant race now their no longer mutants and hopefully this puts a kibosh on any further X-men and Avengers crossovers for good.

what the X-men will go to War with the Inhumans? Yea right, the X-men will get blown apart and literally become extinct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Because Marvel literally just said ''Yeah, we don't give a crap about any of those stories over the last 30 years relating to Wanda's/Pietro's heritage, nor the characters integrity. Or all the money and time fans invested in those stories. We only give two shits about the casual movie fans.''

I mean, if you're new to comics, i can see why you'd be ambivalent, no real context or history, but it's a pretty blatant FU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Hardly anything new, is it really?

They will be whatever they turn out to be in Age Of Ulltron.

It's not so much about the movie aspect that bothers me but the it's the fact that they are even humoring this.

Extraordinary Member

How utterly embarrassing, literally the only thing that made the character interesting removed from her story. Cringe Cringe Cringe. The integrity of the character has been pretty low post House Of M, this just utterly destroyed it forever.

Her fans should be totally furious. Marvel just handed you the biggest FU ever.
    I don't have strong feelings about this (I'm waiting until the inversion nonsense is over to see where this story goes) but her fans don't think this is the only thing interesting about her, in fact, I think being Magneto's offspring is one of the least interesting things about her. There's a reason Wanda was more popular before she was retconned into being into Magneto's daughter.

I can definitely see some fans being annoyed, but as a fan of the twins I personally never cared about them being Magneto's kids. It just wasn't an important part of their character history of development until House of M, and it wasn't part of the comics at all for much of their career.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It's not so much about the movie aspect that bothers me but the it's the fact that they are even humoring this.
    Narrative Integrity. What is it good for?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't have strong feelings about this (I'm waiting until the inversion nonsense is over to see where this story goes) but her fans don't think this is the only thing interesting about her, in fact, I think being Magneto's offspring is one of the least interesting things about her. There's a reason Wanda was more popular before she was retconned into being into Magneto's daughter.

I can definitely see some fans being annoyed, but as a fan of the twins I personally never cared about them being Magneto's kids. I thought it made them less interesting because I'm not that interested in Magneto.
    I wasn't speaking for Wanda fans in my post, just speaking for the character in general.

How was Wanda more popular before they made her Magneto's daughter? He made her ten times more relevant.

Extraordinary Member

How was Wanda more popular before they made her Magneto's daughter? He made her ten times more relevant.
    No, he didn't. Wanda was one of the most popular female characters at Marvel in the '70s due to her high position in the Avengers and her relationship with the Vision.

In the '80s, after she'd been retconned into being Magneto's daughter, X-Men became the world's most popular comic book, meaning many new readers (and cartoon viewers) knew her only as Magneto's daughter, but even so, it rarely came up in the comics. She was a much more "relevant" and popular character before the Magneto thing
    Last edited by gurkle; 12-10-2014 at 08:47 AM.