Page 751 of 818 FirstFirst ... 251651701741747748749750751752753754755761801 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,265 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Errr... This is terrible. They even suggest House of M in the end... That's the easiest way to see whether someone's really a Wanda fun or just full of shit.

Wanda isn't supposed to be a telepath or whatever(I don't think she was even an actual/regular telepath like Jean Grey or so). I always thought she just didn't use her powers like that anymore because she knows is morally wrong to mess with people's minds like that. And the way they talk about her using that more and acting "creepier" like in AOU as being "witchy" is just ugh. Wanda is pretty much an actual witch on the comics right now and she's not like that at all.

The Russos's vision for her is a lot more in line with comics Wanda than Whedon's who tried to make her an edgy goth kid lowkey like Evolution.
    The ironic part is that House of M has no magic(Stephen Micheal Strange: It's just her mutant power!) Yet they tied Witchy with "House of M", for some reason.And honestly Creepy is a very stereotypical type of "witchy".

And just asking, what inspiration from comics do you want to see? Like which great apsects of some writers' take on her will you like to see mashed together. (Englehart's ScarletVision, Busiek's power-set, etc.)

Anyone else sick of people suggesting we need to see House of M in any form.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well, like every last one of us here?

The only HOM adaption it deserves is a parody, like Wanda wants to pick up her old dream as an actor, she somehow gets herself into a would-be horrible movie named House of M.(A lots of cringey and overdramatic dialogues ) And it ends up killing her career as an actress, frustrated, she goes back to her Avengers post. I don't know, maybe Taika Waititi should direct it.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-14-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I can't wai to see her kicking ass in Infinity War!

Extraordinary Member

Well, could CBR ever use her her name?
    Last time it's " Scarlet Witch Actor doesn't want a solo!" Aside from twisting her words, they didn't use her name for some reasons.
    The sad part is tha Lizzie kinda mixed up multiple stoplines like Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch.(And the thing with depowering Mutants and killing Mutants.) Lizzie knows more than regular actors but again there are still many misunderstandings. Not that I am blaming anyone, but House of M being the first impression is the sad truth.

The Metro article.

Seen as both Wanda and her brother Pietro are Magneto’s children, the question of the X-Men being included in the MCU has been asked by fans widely ever since Elizabeth made her debut in the Avengers franchise alongside Aaron Taylor-Johnson in 2015.

A crossover itself would lead to some complications as Joss Whedon killed-off Pietro, AKA Quicksilver, in the MCU while Fox’s own comic book universe has him alive and playing a central role in the X-Men team with Evan Peters taking on the character.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/10/elizab...sover-7455193/
    The idea of any kind of film family story did get quite a few online fans excited just checking the twitter messages to her alone. Call it pre-Fox/Disney merger fever starting to spread.

Emma Dumont was asked a similar question this week and she would be all for it though she imagines the logistics would be quite something. Alot depends on how they tweak the MCU and integrate mutation into it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Errr... This is terrible. They even suggest House of M in the end... That's the easiest way to see whether someone's really a Wanda fan or just full of shit.

Wanda isn't supposed to be a telepath or whatever(I don't think she was even an actual/regular telepath like Jean Grey or so). I always thought she just didn't use her powers like that anymore because she knows is morally wrong to mess with people's minds like that. And the way they talk about her using that more and acting "creepier" like in AOU as being "witchy" is just ugh. Wanda is pretty much an actual witch on the comics right now and she's not like that at all.

The Russos's vision for her is a lot more in line with comics Wanda than Whedon's who tried to make her an edgy goth kid lowkey like Evolution.
    It's weird because the person that wrote that Infinity War article also wrote:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/secret-empir...-wo-1796112533

Click-bait attempts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yep. It destroyed Wanda for years, not sure why people want it. I think it's just for reasons other than about Wanda. Or just because they don't know a lot of stories about Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    Yep. It destroyed Wanda for years, not sure why people want it. I think it's just for reasons other than about Wanda. Or just because they don't know a lot of stories about Wanda.
    The aftermath of HOM basically did the trick, she didn't have any story afterwards, and HOM is her one and only big-deal story in modern era. And AD/HOM are a lot of new readers' jump-on-board comics. So none Wanda fans and casual readers and none-readers will know Wanda as the woman she was in HOM.

And of course, people are thinking that it could conveniently introduce mutants into MCU, or maybe someone just want to see some Magneto family drama, which tends to blow up in characters face.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel seems to send out a few mostly recent comics to actors so they can say they read some comics. And it's always recent comics, even for characters who didn't have any recent stories. They sent Evangeline Lilly "Irredeemable Ant-Man" even though that doesn't have a single character from the Ant-Man movie.

I am still trying to figure out how to get my hands on original ‘Ant-Man’ comics, where you get them. I’ve been given a couple recent ‘Ant-Man’ comics. No offense Marvel, but they are total crap. I really want to read the original ones, because I got through two and I was like, dude, you can’t force-feed me another one of these magazines. It was terrible. But Janet’s not in them, and neither is Hank and neither is Scott. It’s just a completely different fabrication. So if anybody has any old ‘Ant-Man’ comics they want to lend me…
    Now I'm wondering what they sent Paul Bettany to read up on the Vision because before his recent successful series, he had even less representation in '00s/'10s comics than Wanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Now I'm wondering what they sent Paul Bettany to read up on the Vision because before his recent successful series, he had even less representation in '00s/'10s comics than Wanda.
    They sent him issues of Young Avengers.