Page 487 of 818 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 12267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Simon was mentioned in the continuity-heavy Scarlet Witch 8, which hung a lampshade on the fact that no one has cared about Simon since his latest death.

To be fair, Simon has died so many times that nobody really cares any more. It's like his brother Eric, who got killed off again in the first issue of Vision. The Williams boys die so often nobody can keep track.
    He does have fans, though, and was a primary Avenger for a long time. The least they could do is resolve his situation, whether or
    not anybody uses him. Once, he was my very favorite Marvel character.

Extraordinary Member

I like Simon too, though I didn't buy Rick Remender's attempt to make him and Wanda true romantic partners (I don't want her back with Vision, I just don't think her relationship with Simon was ever convincing). Unfortunately, Remender leaving Marvel so suddenly has left Simon in limbo, and nobody takes it that seriously because he's been dead so many times before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I like Simon too, though I didn't buy Rick Remender's attempt to make him and Wanda true romantic partners (I don't want her back with Vision, I just don't think her relationship with Simon was ever convincing). Unfortunately, Remender leaving Marvel so suddenly has left Simon in limbo, and nobody takes it that seriously because he's been dead so many times before.
    Were you reading Avengers in the heyday of the title, from about 130-200? Simon's return in issue 151 kicked off a run of stories that
    were every bit as good as what Claremont was doing with X-Men, and Simon's journey finding his place in the world was one of the
    ongoing plots. The problem is that after he left the book the first time, all the momentum from his storyline was gone, and no writer has
    really ever been able to capture what made people like the character. There have been some good stories here and there, but it bugs
    the hell out of me that people don't know or care that he is actually one of the most powerful guys in the MU, and could have killed all
    the Avengers in his first appearance, but changed his mind before Zemo actually did. Btw, I know this is Scarlet Witch's thread, and I've
    made plenty of posts here about her. It bothers me that Simon is held in such low esteem now, and hopefully I can educate somebody
    enough to want to read those old, great stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Were you reading Avengers in the heyday of the title, from about 130-200? Simon's return in issue 151 kicked off a run of stories that
    were every bit as good as what Claremont was doing with X-Men, and Simon's journey finding his place in the world was one of the
    ongoing plots. The problem is that after he left the book the first time, all the momentum from his storyline was gone, and no writer has
    really ever been able to capture what made people like the character. There have been some good stories here and there, but it bugs
    the hell out of me that people don't know or care that he is actually one of the most powerful guys in the MU, and could have killed all
    the Avengers in his first appearance, but changed his mind before Zemo actually did. Btw, I know this is Scarlet Witch's thread, and I've
    made plenty of posts here about her. It bothers me that Simon is held in such low esteem now, and hopefully I can educate somebody
    enough to want to read those old, great stories.
    Simon was one of the better characters in Avengers in the late '70s, especially his oddball friendship with Beast, and his struggle to overcome his own fear. (It was rare to see a guy with super powers who reacted to terrifying super villains the way we'd react, even if we had super powers.) And then he was pretty popular in West Coast Avengers when he became more of a self-centered jerk and went Hollywood; popular enough to get his own ongoing for a while.

Ever since his "death" in the first issue of Force Works he's been more of a satellite character who exists to create drama for other people. Like in Kurt Busiek's Avengers he was there to keep Wanda and Vision from getting back together too quickly, then Bendis tried to turn him evil, and Remender made him a satellite character for Wanda again (and killed him twice in one run).

He does deserve better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So this confirms that she can manipulate reality in the MCU

[QUOTE=juan678;2252585] [/QUOproxy.jpg.jpg

A cut scene from the film, so it is not canon.

I like Simon, though I don't like him with Wanda, Wanda and Vision all the way for me.

Still I thought Gerry Duggan said he would be dealling with what happened to Simon in future issues of Uncanny Avengers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

MARVEL POPULARITY TOURNAMENT ROUND 2 is Happening for ALL CBR Champions in the Past!!!

Come and Vote and Support our Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch!!!

http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-2

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

SCARLET WITCH #12
    JAMES ROBINSON (W)
    Annapaola Martello (A)
    Cover by DAVID AJA
    • In the place where she was born, WANDA continues to unravel the tangled web of her past!
    • But there are those that lurk in the shadows that don't want her to find answers...
    • ...And they'll do anything to stop her!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

AVENGERS #1.1
    MARK WAID (W) • BARRY KITSON (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV
    ACTION FIGURE QUICKSILVER VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    The Old Order Changeth – more than you ever suspected! For the first time ever, learn what really happened all those years ago when the founding Avengers turned their membership over to a set of new recruits. The recently thawed Captain America is joined by three reformed super villains – Hawkeye, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch – and a new group of Earth's Mightiest Heroes takes shape – in a story that has direct ramifications for the Avengers of today!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    AVENGERS #1.1
    MARK WAID (W) • BARRY KITSON (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV
    ACTION FIGURE QUICKSILVER VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    The Old Order Changeth – more than you ever suspected! For the first time ever, learn what really happened all those years ago when the founding Avengers turned their membership over to a set of new recruits. The recently thawed Captain America is joined by three reformed super villains – Hawkeye, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch – and a new group of Earth's Mightiest Heroes takes shape – in a story that has direct ramifications for the Avengers of today!
    Just what I thought, a pointless untold tales book designed just to retcon new characters/concepts to be used in the current stuff. It's Spider-man Learning to Crawl all over again

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Just what I thought, a pointless untold tales book designed just to retcon new characters/concepts to be used in the current stuff. It's Spider-man Learning to Crawl all over again
    I would expect better from Waid then that, so hopefully it's still a very enjoyable issue in its own right .

[QUOTE=Witchfan;2253098]
    [/QUOproxy.jpg.jpg

A cut scene from the film, so it is not canon.
    Still,the Russo are directing Infinity Wars, so there's a chance we'll see that