Page 772 of 818 FirstFirst ... 272672722762768769770771772773774775776782 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 12267

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, I think Wanda should be serious as an Avenger and humorous in her private life.(Both normal life and Mystical life.
    I think they all take their roles seriously. I wasn't asking for Elizabeth Olsen to ham it up. Just... to infuse some of her sarcasm or mannerisms into the cultural expectation of "Scarlet Witch". The weird little hand movements is one thing, but the physicality and faces is another. Her love story isn't screwball like Tony + Pepper, moonlit like Quill + Gamora, or unspoken like Steve + Bucky. It's central to her character, but also headed for an end. How Elizabeth Olsen rebuilds a character when the script takes it apart completely will be interesting to watch.

I am more of a " traditional" guy who thinks Modred should handle the human interactions for Chthon.
    And I am absolutely NOT a traditionalist. I'm open to putting Modred in the "Dracula" role, so we don't face off against another CGI monstrosity in the third act. BTW, I'm really struggling with my redesign, and I may have to abandon it. Wide leg pants are a hard item to balance against. I am pulling from couture, Victorian costume, goth elements and Easter European traditional costume. It's too much. She either has to be in tactical gear like the Avengers or pajamas like the wizards. Otherwise I just want to put her in a million scarfs like a cross between her sisters and AHS:Coven.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think they all take their roles seriously. I wasn't asking for Elizabeth Olsen to ham it up. Just... to infuse some of her sarcasm or mannerisms into the cultural expectation of "Scarlet Witch". The weird little hand movements is one thing, but the physicality and faces is another. Her love story isn't screwball like Tony + Pepper, moonlit like Quill + Gamora, or unspoken like Steve + Bucky. It's central to her character, but also headed for an end. How Elizabeth Olsen rebuilds a character when the script takes it apart completely will be interesting to watch.

And I am absolutely NOT a traditionalist. I'm open to putting Modred in the "Dracula" role, so we don't face off against another CGI monstrosity in the third act. BTW, I'm really struggling with my redesign, and I may have to abandon it. Wide leg pants are a hard item to balance against. I am pulling from couture, Victorian costume, goth elements and Easter European traditional costume. It's too much. She either has to be in tactical gear like the Avengers or pajamas like the wizards. Otherwise I just want to put her in a million scarfs like a cross between her sisters and AHS:Coven.
    Chthon is more like hidden figure in a cloak, Hashtur-like than a towering monster like Chthulu, just saying.
    ( Except for that Carnage run, he is totally on his Chthulu mode.)

Go for the wizard routine I think. I mean her costume in comics are mostly not that mystc like.

BANNED

I damn sure dont want to see Wanda become a comedian like the rest of the Avengers. Crowd would react if she kind of had a innuendo of her being Magneto's daughter or a huge power feat but comedy? Nah..keep that to Stark and Starlord.

BANNED

I think some of people may actually read it, I mean people won't necessarily know Wanda before this story or know Wanda's status after this story.

If one can instantly find the wrong HoM did to Wanda once they read it, it might actually be a good thing.
    But many new readers actually fall for that limited characterization of Wanda and think that is what she is supposed to be.

And I have encountered multiple people on Youtube who claimed House of M is the best story she got, yeah, I think some of then actually read that.
    I think people just to see her power level onscreen go to a wild level. House of M Wanda blinks out Thor and everyone in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I damn sure dont want to see Wanda become a comedian like the rest of the Avengers. Crowd would react if she kind of had a innuendo of her being Magneto's daughter or a huge power feat but comedy? Nah..keep that to Stark and Starlord.
    Sarcastic as in like Agatha, I don't see a huge problem with that, but she should be serious as an Avenger.
    And again, people seem to only care about her power, who her dad is when it comes to potential comic elements, which is never a good sign for the character herself.

Sarcastic as in like Agatha, I don't see a huge problem with that, but she should be serious as an Avenger.
    And again, people seem to only care about her power, who her dad is when it comes to potential comic elements, which is never a good sign for the character herself.
    Wanda should be serious as an Avenger, she has even been leader of the team. Also the Avengers have enough jokers.

Also it shows how little people know Wanda and or characters that they either focus on their connections to other characters or their biggest mistakes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda should be serious as an Avenger, she has even been leader of the team. Also the Avengers have enough jokers.

Also it shows how little people know Wanda and or characters that they either focus on their connections to other characters or their biggest mistakes.
    I mean it won't hurt to show her other sides, she is more sarcastic in the Bar without Doors. I actually like that side of her life.
    For MCU,I hope she moves on to her happier mode post-A4 if things turns around for her, I mean.
    Again the connections really depends on whether it's beneficial to both sides' characters building or one is the other's foil.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-09-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Spectacular Member

Yeah MCU Wanda is pretty much just power displays and Vision.....Still don't think the MCU fully knows what to do with the character. Its feels like the Russo's are stuck with the character after Whedon introduced her in Avengers 2. They have already pretty much gotten rid of her accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Yeah MCU Wanda is pretty much just power displays and Vision.....Still don't think the MCU fully knows what to do with the character. Its feels like the Russo's are stuck with the character after Whedon introduced her in Avengers 2. They have already pretty much gotten rid of her accent.
    I think the Russo brothers like Wanda. She had a bigger role in Infinity War than Black Widow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    The accent is already lighter in CW anyway, and they did give her a more important role in IW.
    Thou they didn't put the best visual design into her, as Wanda fans there aren't much space for bargain.
    Again things could be worse, and what MCU Wanda got is better than nothing.

IW is crowded and everyone only got so many relationship they can work on, while I wish for interactions other than Vision, it's not that bad. Hopef she gets to interact more with other characters in A4. Though she will like have very limited screen time, again not gonna complain as long as they keep her post-A4.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-09-2018 at 05:30 AM.

I mean it won't hurt to show her other sides, she is more sarcastic in the Bar without Doors. I actually like that side of her life.
    For MCU,I hope she moves on to her happier mode post-A4 if things turns around for her, I mean.
    Again the connections really depends on whether it's beneficial to both sides' characters building or one is the other's foil.
    There is nothing wrong with her showing more sides, though it seems that she does it, when she isn't an Avenger.
    I really want both MCU and Comic Wanda to be happy, of course so do we all (unless you are a member of CBR's staff apparently)

DcN6kaRWAAAdGrw.jpg

A box of action figures with Wanda at the front.

I know I was thinking Dracula, but I kept tearing at my SW MCU movie concept, and realized I scripting the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Still works if Doctor Strange is Xavier and Modred is Mastermind. Chthon can be Phoenix.

The best direction to take Wanda's (and Vision's) story in the post-Infinity War MCU would be to follow up on the idea that there is still a "Vision" without the Infinity Gem in his brow. And with Vizh already dis-assembled, they could take those elements and do a variation of the John Byrne West Coast Avengers tale...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The best direction to take Wanda's (and Vision's) story in the post-Infinity War MCU would be to follow up on the idea that there is still a "Vision" without the Infinity Gem in his brow. And with Vizh already dis-assembled, they could take those elements and do a variation of the John Byrne West Coast Avengers tale...
    Exactly. Tho robo-Bettany will be a more boring version of Data. I'm hoping the fact that she can't "feel" him will repulse her into Strange's training. She'll have experienced so much loss, only the Mirror Realm will be able to handle all the destruction she needs to release.