Page 728 of 818 FirstFirst ... 228628678718724725726727728729730731732738778 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 12267

Quote Originally Posted by BeWitchery View Post
    There must be some Romani who aren’t dark skinned and brown eyed. Wanda has always -till recently- had green blue eyes and reddish brown hair from avengers 75 on before which it was stated to be dyed black I think I once read. I Once in a blue moon her eyes get colored brown. I started with her in Avengers #141 and as a result I always viewed her with a medium complexion and Eastern European features and probably always will. Just ingrained into my memory. Seeing her with a medium or medium light complexion is fine with me. I still think of her as Romani also.
    Light colored eyes are really common in Romani people

BANNED

Well then I’m sure there are also some medium to medium light completed also. So Wanda is ... Wanda. Jean has always been static in her appearance - skin and coloring as has Storm Sue etc. I’d like Wanda to have something about her appearance and heritage that’s a constant. I’m almost feeling like they should do her in and have her reborn so to speak and start from scratch. It’s kinda getting to be a headache because everyone has an opinion of what they think she should be. Just let her be somewhat lighter than the majority of most Romani - Pietro after all is blue eyes and silver white hair - and leave her be. It’s like which witch is which nowadays. Otherwise we might as well have a Psylocke done on her and remake her and have it cemented as to her appearance.

A promotional image of Wanda for Infinity War
    scarlet-witch-avengers-infinity-war-promo-art-1088174.jpg

tumblr_p50263bUCm1vu0bhmo4_400.jpg
    At last, a T-shirt with Wanda's image on it!
    Last edited by Witchfan; 03-03-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Well then I’m sure there are also some medium to medium light completed also. So Wanda is ... Wanda. Jean has always been static in her appearance - skin and coloring as has Storm Sue etc. I’d like Wanda to have something about her appearance and heritage that’s a constant. I’m almost feeling like they should do her in and have her reborn so to speak and start from scratch. It’s kinda getting to be a headache because everyone has an opinion of what they think she should be. Just let her be somewhat lighter than the majority of most Romani - Pietro after all is blue eyes and silver white hair - and leave her be. It’s like which witch is which nowadays. Otherwise we might as well have a Psylocke done on her and remake her and have it cemented as to her appearance.
    Well, I actually find pre-body-swap and post-body-swap Psylocke not that different.
    The thing is that certain art styles can't distinguish people of different ethnic background.( Unless they go into a super Stereotypical direction of drawing Asians etc.)

As for Wanda, I don't think that is that much of a problem. You can still recognize her in a comic page.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    A promotional image of Wanda for Infinity War
    scarlet-witch-avengers-infinity-war-promo-art-1088174.jpg
    Yeah, now Marvel Studios just keep remind me of the frustration I get from Marvel Comics.
    Nice to have her own promo pic.

43ozhdurjlj01.jpg

Another montage for Infinity War

There must be some Romani who aren’t dark skinned and brown eyed. Wanda has always -till recently- had green blue eyes and reddish brown hair from avengers 75 on before which it was stated to be dyed black I think I once read. I Once in a blue moon her eyes get colored brown. I started with her in Avengers #141 and as a result I always viewed her with a medium complexion and Eastern European features and probably always will. Just ingrained into my memory. Seeing her with a medium or medium light complexion is fine with me. I still think of her as Romani also.
    Yes, Wanda has been depicted with various eye/hair colors and even styles.

I liked Wanda's hair when it was sort of '40-ish style: semi-curly top with 3 curls hanging down, straight from crown down with ends curled/flipped. I like her best with black or Auburn, not straight-up red or just brow hair.

I <<think>> the black dyed hair was for Black Widow Natasha Romanoff, not Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Wanda has been depicted with various eye/hair colors and even styles.

I liked Wanda's hair when it was sort of '40-ish style: semi-curly top with 3 curls hanging down, straight from crown down with ends curled/flipped. I like her best with black or Auburn, not straight-up red or just brow hair.

I <<think>> the black dyed hair was for Black Widow Natasha Romanoff, not Wanda.
    I actually like straight-up red when she is with Jean Grey, I mean, that is hilarious. And I often used those pages just to mess with my casual reader friends.

BANNED

There are white look Romani for sure, but white look Romani dominate representation. Where as most Romani are dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes. And a lot of the problem with Romani mostly being depicted as white is white people playing us, and doing so in such dreadful ways. To the point where there's not a single accurate or positive example.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    Light colored eyes are really common in Romani people
    No, it's not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's more of artist's choice/preference than canon demands, I mean her eye color change a lot, mostly green nowadays but sometimes it's blue, while earlier comics and Handbook describe it as blue.
    Perez during Busiek era draw pretty much every one with darker skin tone, like the whole Avengers team just went to beach to get a tan.
    Considering her history of being mistaken as the child of different couples, I imagine her look will be a all-passing one among all of her known "parents" somehow, pretty tricky...
    Her eyes are supposed to be green..blue is a colorist being lazy

Is her hair red or brown?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Is her hair red or brown?
    Currently it's canonically brown. But that's not ever enforced. So it ends up red, auburn, brown or black.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Her eyes are supposed to be green..blue is a colorist being lazy
    No, her eyes early days in Avengers are mostly blue(at least in 80s, Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch).
    It's not lazy and stuff, just a change in artist's direction.
    Some 90s' art is too rough to tell the exact eye color.
    I think her eyes being mostly green is post-Onslaught.