Page 752 of 818 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752753754755756762802 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 12267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The aftermath of HOM basically did the trick, she didn't have any story afterwards, and HOM is her one and only big-deal story in modern era. And AD/HOM are a lot of new readers' jump-on-board comics. So none Wanda fans and casual readers and none-readers will know Wanda as the woman she was in HOM.

And of course, people are thinking that it could conveniently introduce mutants into MCU, or maybe someone just want to see some Magneto family drama, which tends to blow up in characters face.
    I think if Wanda were to have a solo, I'd want it to be about her. Not the story that gave active narrative to everyone else but her. I get x-fans wanting them introduced, but there are so many better ways of doing that.
    Last edited by Curlytop; 04-14-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Marvel seems to send out a few mostly recent comics to actors so they can say they read some comics. And it's always recent comics, even for characters who didn't have any recent stories. They sent Evangeline Lilly "Irredeemable Ant-Man" even though that doesn't have a single character from the Ant-Man movie.

Now I'm wondering what they sent Paul Bettany to read up on the Vision because before his recent successful series, he had even less representation in '00s/'10s comics than Wanda.
    Wow, never seen this before, gonna love Lilly for calling out Marvel's careless and pointless actions.
    My opinion is "better ignorant than misled" in terms of these things.
    But again in terms of being recent, Allan Heinberg's Children's Crusade and even Remender's Uncanny Avengers will be better choice than House of M.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-14-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    I think if Wanda were to have a solo, I'd want it to be about her. Not the story that gave active narrative to everyone else but her. I get x-fans wanting them introduced, but there are so many better ways of doing that.
    Well, I was thinking it should be an extended and altered version of Nights of Wundagore.(Well, if I am not getting Wanda blowing Chthon in the face in comics then I should get it in movies. Heck, even Set had more direct conflict with Wanda.)

Again reverse-House of M is a really bad idea IMO, ironically they will be more like Inhumans/Eternals who immigrate into Earth's society than being there all along.
    Someone else should take that Mutant Population Manager job post, honestly one time is more than enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    They sent him issues of Young Avengers.
    Well, Jeez, they should just send Lizzie issues about Dark Avengers when Toxie Doxie is around.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    Yep. It destroyed Wanda for years, not sure why people want it. I think it's just for reasons other than about Wanda. Or just because they don't know a lot of stories about Wanda.
    Becaue they haven't read the story, they know of it and that it was a major X-men/Avengers crossover with big (bad) ramification for everyone involved.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Metro article.

The idea of any kind of film family story did get quite a few online fans excited just checking the twitter messages to her alone. Call it pre-Fox/Disney merger fever starting to spread.

Emma Dumont was asked a similar question this week and she would be all for it though she imagines the logistics would be quite something. Alot depends on how they tweak the MCU and integrate mutation into it.
    I doubt we're having The Gifted crossover with the MCU anytime ever. There's too much X-Men history there to mix it with the MCU at this point. If the MCU were to incorporate the X-Men into their universe, they would essentially have to start from scratch, and they can't do that with The Gifted, as that is a world where mutants, X-Men and the Brotherhood have all publicly existed for a long time. The fact that the show is set in the future is a perfect excuse to say it's an AU and leave it alone.

Now, if a NEW Magneto and a NEW Polaris introduced in the MCU will be related to Wanda, that's a different case. Olsen didn't seem too confident that's gonna happen, but she probably knows just as much as we do at this point, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Marvel seems to send out a few mostly recent comics to actors so they can say they read some comics. And it's always recent comics, even for characters who didn't have any recent stories. They sent Evangeline Lilly "Irredeemable Ant-Man" even though that doesn't have a single character from the Ant-Man movie.

Now I'm wondering what they sent Paul Bettany to read up on the Vision because before his recent successful series, he had even less representation in '00s/'10s comics than Wanda.
    OMG at her saying the comics she read were crap. What a savage. But what were they thinking sending her Irredeemable Ant-Man to read? That makes no damn sense, LOL. I gotta stick up for recent Ant-Man comics, though, 'cause I loved Nick Spencer's run. Maybe she should've read that.

As for Paul Bettany, wasn't there a picture of him alongside Lizzie, both holding issues of the most recent Viz and SW solo comics? I could swear I saw that in the letters page of some comic, or maybe I'm just imagining things. Either way, if I'm remembering that right, then that's probably what he read. Maybe Avengers A.I. too.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    They sent him issues of Young Avengers.
    Which would've been an awkward experience, as that Vision was in love with a character who's currently a little kid in the MCU.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-15-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Becaue they haven't read the story, they know of it and that it was a major X-men/Avengers crossover with big (bad) ramification for everyone involved.
    Even for someone who read it, it would take knowledge of Pre-Bendis Wanda and what happened to her afterwards to realize the damage it did.
    On itself, House of M is just a super misleading story.

Some great news: Wanda is coming to Avengers Academy!
    https://www.voices.com/jobs/posting/282442

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I doubt we're having The Gifted crossover with the MCU anytime ever. There's too much X-Men history there to mix it with the MCU at this point. If the MCU were to incorporate the X-Men into their universe, they would essentially have to start from scratch, and they can't do that with The Gifted, as that is a world where mutants, X-Men and the Brotherhood have all publicly existed for a long time. The fact that the show is set in the future is a perfect excuse to say it's an AU and leave it alone.

Now, if a NEW Magneto and a NEW Polaris introduced in the MCU will be related to Wanda, that's a different case. Olsen didn't seem too confident that's gonna happen, but she probably knows just as much as we do at this point, so we'll see.

OMG at her saying the comics she read were crap. What a savage. But what were they thinking sending her Irredeemable Ant-Man to read? That makes no damn sense, LOL. I gotta stick up for recent Ant-Man comics, though, 'cause I loved Nick Spencer's run. Maybe she should've read that.

As for Paul Bettany, wasn't there a picture of him alongside Lizzie, both holding issues of the most recent Viz and SW solo comics? I could swear I saw that in the letters page of some comic, or maybe I'm just imagining things. Either way, if I'm remembering that right, then that's probably what he read. Maybe Avengers A.I. too.

Which would've been an awkward experience, as that Vision was in love with a character who's currently a little kid in the MCU.
    Yes, there was one in letters page, you remember it correctly, I don't think they followed the comics though, maybe it's just for advertisement purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Some great news: Wanda is coming to Avengers Academy!
    https://www.voices.com/jobs/posting/282442
    I love how the first sentence of her character description is ''Wanda Maximoff has a very confusing backstory''. LOL

Yes, there was one in letters page, you remember it correctly, I don't think they followed the comics though, maybe it's just for advertisement purpose.
    Yeah, I just looked it up, the picture definitely exists:

I guess it could've been just for show, but I like to think they actually read the books, as I think both are good reads and could provide some meaningful insight for the actors on how to play a modern version of these characters.

Extraordinary Member

I love how the first sentence of her character description is ''Wanda Maximoff has a very confusing backstory''. LOL

Yeah, I just looked it up, the picture definitely exists:

I guess it could've been just for show, but I like to think they actually read the books, as I think both are good reads and could provide some meaningful insight for the actors on how to play a modern version of these characters.
    Personally I would say Englehart or Busiek stuff is enough. Robinson's run is one-shot for the most part and lacks her life as an Avenger(and a proper explanation of her power, I am not a fan of "It's all Witchcraft" explanation TBH, should keep Chaos Magic.), and it's really not a version MCU can go for.(Honestly every post-HoM iterations of Wanda are better left alone, not that they are bad, but they were built on a troubled basis of HoM, with MCU she shouldn't have to go through that, so aim for something Pre-Bendis I would say. )

Personally I would say Englehart or Busiek stuff is enough. Robinson's run is one-shot for the most part and lacks her life as an Avenger(and a proper explanation of her power, I am not a fan of "It's all Witchcraft" explanation TBH, should keep Chaos Magic.), and it's really not a version MCU can go for.(Honestly every post-HoM iterations of Wanda are better left alone, not that they are bad, but they were built on a troubled basis of HoM, with MCU she shouldn't have to go through that, so aim for something Pre-Bendis I would say. )
    I'm not saying they should ignore all of the rest, just saying that if they wanted to get something out of that book, I wouldn't be against it. I'm a big fan of the idea of Wanda coming from a line of witches, so that's something I'd like to see in live action. We know nothing about the MCU Maximoff family, so it is something they could use, and it's not something that would rely on anything related to AD/HOM. I'm also a fan of the Chthon/Chaos Magic part of her story, so I think they should insert that there as well. Maybe they could mix both origins in the MCU, and say the reason why the Maximoff lineage is mystical is because some of Wanda's ancestors had some sort of encounter with Chthon who blessed (cursed?) them with chaos magic in their bloodline. I think that could work.

All I want, and I think most people can agree, is for MCU Wanda to be more mystical. I could live without the mutant/HE stuff, but I think having her being an actual witch is very important.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-15-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not saying they should ignore all of the rest, just saying that if they wanted to get something out of that book, I wouldn't be against it. I'm a big fan of the idea of Wanda coming from a line of witches, so that's something I'd like to see in live action. We know nothing about the MCU Maximoff family, so it is something they could use, and it's not something that would rely on anything related to AD/HOM. I'm also a fan of the Chthon/Chaos Magic part of her story, so I think they should insert that there as well. Maybe they could mix both origins in the MCU, and say the reason why the Maximoff lineage is mystical is because some of Wanda's ancestors had some sort of encounter with Chthon who blessed (cursed?) them with chaos magic in their bloodline. I think that could work.

All I want, and I think most people can agree, is for MCU Wanda to be more mystical. I could live without the mutant/HE stuff, but I think having her being an actual witch is very important.
    Well, we are talking about the actors reading the comics, so I am saying this from a "first impression" perspective, and Robinson's run is based on a lot of previous history(and a lot of one-shots), so it's kinda hard for new readers to grasp what she is all about. It's more of a "what is best for a beginner" thinking of me.

Personally I think the connection would be established in a similar way to comics, just give Modred Bova's job, like he was disguised as a doctor in Sokovia all those years.(also relocate Wundagore near it)And he marked Wanda at birth when he offered to help the Maximoffs to deliver the birth.(Ancient demon deal could also work.)
    And if DS sequel has Nightmare as the villain and Wanda as a supporting character, I would like Wanda to see Wundagore in Dream Dimension, where all her would-be fears reside.

Also irrelevant headcanon, Chthon's victims seem to be trapped inside Darkhold(Pietro in Mighty Avengers), so I imagined there would be a literal "Darkhold" inside this book, a gothic castle of horror and darkness.(I am assuming it will be like another dimension inside.)

BANNED

Well, I was thinking it should be an extended and altered version of Nights of Wundagore.(Well, if I am not getting Wanda blowing Chthon in the face in comics then I should get it in movies. Heck, even Set had more direct conflict with Wanda.)

Again reverse-House of M is a really bad idea IMO, ironically they will be more like Inhumans/Eternals who immigrate into Earth's society than being there all along.
    Someone else should take that Mutant Population Manager job post, honestly one time is more than enough.
    I'd really love something like Nights of Wundagore, or anything about her time growing up. Or any story that makes Wanda more adept at her powers. Deals with the loss of her brother. Any of the storylines that showed her leadership skills. Including taking on her own apprentice. Anything to flesh her out and advance her forward. Not destroy her as soon as she gets her footing in the MCU.

BANNED

As I've said before I don't like the whole comes from a line of witches thing, because Wanda's family is Romani and that's a stereotype. I get that she's not really Romani in the movies because she's played by someone who is very much not, but also that in interviews they've still hinted at keeping those aspects and her making paprikash. I do like the Chthon stuff and think that would be very interesting for movies.