Page 291 of 818 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 12267

Love all the movie fan art..The design is simple but effective. I usually hate when comics change for the movies but in this case I wouldnt mind Wanda wearing something similar.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    You have such an awesome avatar pic
    Aw thank you

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Love all the movie fan art..The design is simple but effective. I usually hate when comics change for the movies but in this case I wouldnt mind Wanda wearing something similar.
    If they were going to change the costume in the comics, then I'd prefer that it look like her actual costume from the last scene. Her other look is definitely good and it works in-context, but it's also a "they're not actually superheroes yet, just orphans wearing street clothes" kind of look. And that descriptor doesn't fit comic book Wanda at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ciick the pic for the full-sized version.
    Seeing the MCU versions on the covers really confused me on this comic at first. That said, wish there was a MCU spin-off comicline. I'm surprised Marvel hasn't done it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    She's telekinetic. She moved ALL things, not just metal
    Well, during Maria Hill's tecno-bable, it was explained that she had telepathy, telekinesis, and control over magnetic fields..............................

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, during Maria Hill's tecno-bable, it was explained that she had telepathy, telekinesis, and control over magnetic fields..............................
    Actually it was: neuro-electric interfacing, telekinesis, and mental manipulation

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I'll just leave this here
    1nm,.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Actually it was: neuro-electric interfacing, telekinesis, and mental manipulation
    She is Marvel's Jean Grey in all but name.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Hello Crimson Coven. I've got a question about Age of Ultron film Wanda (which I loved for what it's worth).

In regards to her mental manipulation and sending her enemies down nightmare holes: has she ever done anything like that in the comics? I've never seen that happen in print and with the film I can't remember if it was coming across as straight up telepathy or more towards energy manipulation in the brain. Thoughts?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    In regards to her mental manipulation and sending her enemies down nightmare holes: has she ever done anything like that in the comics?
    Not really, no. I mean she's done a little bit of everything, but she's rarely played around with people's minds the way, say, Zatanna often does. And she has almost never had telepathic powers like she has in the film. Mental manipulation is not one of her things in the comics.

They changed it for the film because they needed her to have mind-control and mind-reading powers for plot purposes. And there's no Jean Grey in this universe, so they could borrow a bit from her power set.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not really, no. I mean she's done a little bit of everything, but she's rarely played around with people's minds the way, say, Zatanna often does. And she has almost never had telepathic powers like she has in the film. Mental manipulation is not one of her things in the comics.

They changed it for the film because they needed her to have mind-control and mind-reading powers for plot purposes. And there's no Jean Grey in this universe, so they could borrow a bit from her power set.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. Jean Grey is my personal favorite, and with that perspective it's easy to envision Avenger's film Wanda as an extreme vengeful version of Jean Grey with an accent. I thought her power displayed well on screen and made me even more excited to see her in follow-up films. It'll be interesting to see if the revisit her mental whammy ability again now that she's on the side of the angels.

Random Side-Note*: I didn't realize until recently that the actor who played Pietro was the same guy who played the lead kid in Kick-Ass. Man did that guy grow up.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks. That's what I thought. Jean Grey is my personal favorite, and with that perspective it's easy to envision Avenger's film Wanda as an extreme vengeful version of Jean Grey with an accent.
    It's funny how it worked out that all-American rich girl Jean Grey was played by a European, while European Wanda is played by an all-American rich girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    dragonmp93 probably heard mental = metal, an easy mistake.

Hello Crimson Coven. I've got a question about Age of Ultron film Wanda (which I loved for what it's worth).

In regards to her mental manipulation and sending her enemies down nightmare holes: has she ever done anything like that in the comics? I've never seen that happen in print and with the film I can't remember if it was coming across as straight up telepathy or more towards energy manipulation in the brain. Thoughts?
    Mental manipulation per-say was never under her powerset, but in Young Avengers, it was suggested (by Loki) that her son Wiccan could subconsciously manipulate the world constantly to his whims, which includes mentally manipulating people into being what he wanted, and Loki suggested he could have done this to his boyfriend Hulkling to make him fall in love with him.

And since Wiccan is basically a more powerful (and saner) version of his mother, it's possible Wanda could have done this as part of her reality warping before. The only explicit display of her forcing someone to do something against their will though, is back in Avengers Disassembled when she forced Vision to crash into the Avenger's Mansion and then attack them. Whether or not it's really a 'mental' takeover is debatable considering Vision was aware what was happening throughout the whole time but couldn't control his body.

And I would like to add that according to Elizabeth Olsen, MCU Wanda's powers includes being able to see "parallel universes" and diverging timelines. I can't tell if that means she can manipulate these realities, or that she's something like a seer and can see all possibilities and the past/future of other people (which she did use to create their respective nightmares).

Extraordinary Member

And I would like to add that according to Elizabeth Olsen, MCU Wanda's powers includes being able to see "parallel universes" and diverging timelines. I can't tell if that means she can manipulate these realities, or that she's something like a seer and can see all possibilities and the past/future of other people (which she did use to create their respective nightmares).
    I think she was talking about how Thor's vision caused him to see the future (and Tony's vision may have been an alternate timeline).

There have also been occasional suggestions in the comics that her probability powers are really about tapping into alternate realities. Ultimates 2 had a throwaway line about this before she got knocked out:

But back to mental manipulation, it's been so rare for her in the comics that Avengers Disassembled was the first time she had ever taken control of people's minds (she did a lot of things in Disassembled and House of M that she could never do before and hasn't done since). She may actually do less hypnosis or mind control than any other magic character, probably because she's a mutant and the mind-control stuff is usually left to the telepathic mutants - something that isn't an issue in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think she was talking about how Thor's vision caused him to see the future (and Tony's vision may have been an alternate timeline).

There have also been occasional suggestions in the comics that her probability powers are really about tapping into alternate realities. Ultimates 2 had a throwaway line about this before she got knocked out:

But back to mental manipulation, it's been so rare for her in the comics that Avengers Disassembled was the first time she had ever taken control of people's minds (she did a lot of things in Disassembled and House of M that she could never do before and hasn't done since). She may actually do less hypnosis or mind control than any other magic character, probably because she's a mutant and the mind-control stuff is usually left to the telepathic mutants - something that isn't an issue in the films.
    Oh I didn't read that far into Ultimates, didn't they say that she had to 'do the math' in the Ultimates-verse to warp any kind of probability? Guess she got upgraded mid-way.

Disassembled used Wanda as a plot-bomb, that much is obvious. It took years but Children's Crusade gives a throwaway excuse for her insanity, her power upgrade and so on.

I think MCU's powerset is a way to 'localize' her power to prevent the powercreep that happened in Disassembled. And it ties in with her origins tied to the Mind Gem now in a sense. If it was the Reality Gem, we'd probably see Reality Warper Wanda. Though with the Dr. Strange movie coming out that would probably canonically place actual magic into the MCU (because at this point we have 'space-magic' as explained by Thor that it's just really advanced tech), who knows where it would go? I hope they stick to their guns and just leave MCU Wanda as a Jean Grey-expy for now, we've already seen what her Reality Warping does down the road in the comics and I would appreciate it not happening again.

Extraordinary Member

Oh I didn't read that far into Ultimates, didn't they say that she had to 'do the math' in the Ultimates-verse to warp any kind of probability? Guess she got upgraded mid-way.
    No, the two aren't in conflict - Millar said a couple of times that she has to figure out the equations before she casts a hex, which is like the equivalent of casting a spell: she has to figure out how to twist probability in just the right way to make something happen, because if she gets it wrong, she could make everyone explode by accident.

This bit is just saying that altering probability is about bringing forth bits of alternate realities, but she still presumably has to "do the math" to figure out how to get the right one.