Page 581 of 818 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    I really don't know who I'd have Wanda in a relationship with, but her and Vision devolved into this love triangle, tragic mess. I really don't want to go down that road again, personally.
    My problem with getting Scarlet Witch and Vision back together is I just don't see how it wouldn't feel like "been there, done that." It might turn out as bad as Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers run constantly trying to revive her relationship with Wonder Man.

I know some fans felt Wanda spent too much of Kurt Busiek's run in a relationship with Wonder Man, but that was because a real full-fledged Wanda/Vision/Simon triangle had never really been done before, despite being teased many times. (When Simon first got interested in Wanda she was happily married, and when she first dated him in the early '90s Vision was a toaster.) So it was an obvious story that hadn't been rehashed. But now that story is over, that triangle is old and I hope no one tries to bring it back. So what new stories would be left to tell about her and Vision together, that wouldn't just be nostalgic fanservice?

Now just because I haven't thought of a story obviously doesn't mean nobody can. I would have thought there couldn't be another story to tell about Vision moving to the suburbs and trying to live a normal life, but his series proved me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    My problem with getting Scarlet Witch and Vision back together is I just don't see how it wouldn't feel like "been there, done that." It might turn out as bad as Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers run constantly trying to revive her relationship with Wonder Man.

I know some fans felt Wanda spent too much of Kurt Busiek's run in a relationship with Wonder Man, but that was because a real full-fledged Wanda/Vision/Simon triangle had never really been done before, despite being teased many times. (When Simon first got interested in Wanda she was happily married, and when she first dated him in the early '90s Vision was a toaster.) So it was an obvious story that hadn't been rehashed. But now that story is over, that triangle is old and I hope no one tries to bring it back. So what new stories would be left to tell about her and Vision together, that wouldn't just be nostalgic fanservice?

Now just because I haven't thought of a story obviously doesn't mean nobody can. I would have thought there couldn't be another story to tell about Vision moving to the suburbs and trying to live a normal life, but his series proved me wrong.
    Relationship stories ?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

They also had Mantis, Vision, Wanda earlier on too. It just didn't end up breaking up the couple. Vision would much later date Mantis though.

And I agree, it'd feel very much like anything they could write about them had been covered already. They had a long marriage by comics standards. There was a lot of ground covered. I can go back and read those anytime.

BANNED

For a split second it looked to me like she wasn't wearing pants, lol. Had to do a double take.

Extraordinary Member

For a split second it looked to me like she wasn't wearing pants, lol. Had to do a double take.
    The coloring is really deceptive here. Otherwise it's nice piece of art.

Same here.

Well if they did bring Wanda and Vision back together again, they would have to address the kids, which would be very interesting to see

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well if they did bring Wanda and Vision back together again, they would have to address the kids, which would be very interesting to see
    Does Viv and the soul twins count as cousins? (If Virginia count as Wanda's sister the same way Vision is considered Simon's brother.)Anyway it would be nice if the kids get together.

Tbh considering Wanda is still banned from Marvel games and stuff because of FOX even when she's only on the MCU, I don't think it would make any difference. If she was being promoted on the same level of other MCU prominent characters I would never want this to happen, but on the current situation it would be interesting to see the same character adapted in probably completely different ways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tbh considering Wanda is still banned from Marvel games and stuff because of FOX even when she's only on the MCU, I don't think it would make any difference. If she was being promoted on the same level of other MCU prominent characters I would never want this to happen, but on the current situation it would be interesting to see the same character adapted in probably completely different ways.
    Well, personally I'd rather Marvel and Fox keep the way it is now. Once Fox uses Wanda in their movie, that ban will went from "maybe" to a "never". I am not saying I am content with her current status, it's just Fox's involvment may make the condition more awkward.
    Wanda's situation did improve a bit after being introduced into the MCU, can't say the same to Pietro though.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...xt-everything/

We have seen that making a fascist out of a Jewish-created icon of the American dream and democratic ideal — and uniting him with a group that aligns itself with Nazis — has caused a great deal of upset. We saw*some similar backlash to Wanda’s inclusion in Hydra in the first issue. And the image of a now-fascist Captain America lifting Mjölnir aloft…
    But with the knowledge that Scarlet Witch is being controlled? And Vision? And perhaps they are connected to the ability to use Mjölnir now? It makes up for a lot.
    Writer*Nick Spencer*and Marvel pushed back*considerably to every concern presented to them, insisting we didn’t have the whole story. Marvel recently pleaded for readers upset by the story to be patient and wait for it to end*— while still expecting them to keep buying the book.
    The problem is, in the periodical nature that is comic book storytelling, why should an audience keep coming back for more when they keep feeling pushed back, unheard, or even insulted? When the context does arrive, who’s to say they stick around to see it? And if a change is so huge it feels like it reverses all the things that caused concern, who’s to say that won’t then upset those who had enjoyed the story so far and the promise of true and absolute change?
    This isn’t a movie or a TV show — the tease to add hope or deepen the mystery, or even answer it, isn’t coming after a three-and-a-half minute ad break. And when response to some concerns voiced — reasonable concerns presented reasonably, not insults extending to death threats (which are always abhorrently wrong) — feel like they are shrugged off or slapped away with sarcasm or harshness, would the context be enough to win them over anyway?
    If the FCBD issue was released before Secret Empire #1, perhaps it would have changed how people viewed the troubling image in what was technically a minor scene. In my case, it’s certainly toned down my concerns with the issue of Scarlet Witch and Vision joining Hydra; I still have some concerns with that, but it certainly doesn’t make me feel like it was as patently tactless and insulting as when I initially read it.
    And now we have Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso promising that Secret Empire #2 will have a “big moment” for fans of Captain America. Perhaps there is something coming that could turn around the story for those that felt so insulted by it — but perhaps it’s too late.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, personally I'd rather Marvel and Fox keep the way it is now. Once Fox uses Wanda in their movie, that ban will went from "maybe" to a "never". I am not saying I am content with her current status, it's just Fox's involvment may make the condition more awkward.
    Wanda's situation did improve a bit after being introduced into the MCU, can't say the same to Pietro though.
    I would prefer they make up and create terms for crossovers and duel use of characters otherwise what many want of her treated like as in any other MCU character is simply not going to happen.

Secret Empire #6

MAY170767
    (W) Nick Spender (A) Leinil Francis Yu (CA) Dan Mora
    The unworthy, the untrusted, the unstable - this is their day! BEWARE THE SECRET EMPIRE!
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Jul 12, 2017
    This week clued readers in a bit better for which is supposed to be the unworthy, the unstable and the untrusted?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This week clued readers in a bit better for which is supposed to be the unworthy, the unstable and the untrusted?
    I would not read to much into that yea cause 1.) Usually Teasers for previews of comics describing the comic don't match what is in the book that well or most at all. 2.) The Image is mostly for highlighting major characters in the overall story but not much who is playing the major roles in the issue.

So while I give a wait and see, I would not put much stock into issue #6 being major for these 3 Avengers.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!