Page 10 of 818 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    If Wanda does appear in the next installment, you already know to expect the worst, so maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. That universe they are building is so far removed
    from the source material, I don't think the biggest X-fans in the world are proud of how the movies represent the characters they love. Everybody know the official Wanda will appear
    in Avengers 2, no matter what they do in the current X-continuity, because it's a joke. I have to admit, though, the previews look cool. Unfortunately, the characters mostly have
    been tinkered with so much that you can't apply what you know about them, and should almost treat them as new characters to avoid getting pissed at the liberties they've taken
    with the original concept. You might be able to watch the movie if you don't associate that goofy-ass design with Pietro. I shudder to think that these are the people who gave us
    that awful Deadpool and Juggernaut, among others. There are probably plenty more to come that are equally shitty.
    Indeed Pat Thomas, you make good points, ones that indeed are good to consider and think on in ways I have not before, it goes with what Wren was saying as well!

In the end, all of the Marvel Movies are different from the sourse matter, they are in effect like an other-world comic in the end. They way I look at them now more then every are:

1.) Being in ways a Tribute to the Characters that they are based on
    2.) Being a General Introduction to the basics of these characters, worlds and teams
    3.) A 1st Step Intro to possible New Fans to get into comics

This is my main view of the movies and what they stand for IMO. So when they make minor changes to fit with things to make the movie work I can let it slide cause I understand how much harder it is to make a movie that has to try to appeal to a much wider range audience then what a comic book does. So I have never been or tried to be that guy who if everything is not perfect like from the comic it is not good to me. I am willing to accept some changes to make it work indeed, so long as it is respectful to the main idea of who and what it is coming from.

Also, I will admit the Action of the movie, mystery in how it all goes together, the Sentinels, all the different mutants and how the power look now compared to older movies does spark my fandom and curiosity as well, I will not lie, it has. Also, it being considered in such a low standard by me and other, that maybe if any of us see it, it will impress more then we thought indeed.

Now, with that said, I will at best rather wait and see how it does and its response by others to it. My whole thing with it, their are a few, but indeed it is a form of respect and pride of how they represent a character. IMO, Pietro is not my favorite, but I indeed admired the character allot and his history and mostly his connection to his sister. Right now he is easily in my top 25 favorites in comic now, allot of that base on his connections to Wanda. With that I feel that not much love and care was give by Singer and the crew to him in this movie. Their are others like Rogue and Storm of stories I have heard I don't like either, but Pietro was the major straw for me.

In the end it feels like a rush job to add him in, I have no solid evidence of that, but indeed after Wheadon said his thing exactly a year ago around this time for Iron Man 3, the Twins Become the NEW Hot Ticket Heroes on the Block, which made me BEYOND Happy and gave me HOPE for their Future, still does today! But with that I think it put FOX and Singer on the spot to exercise their powers and copyrights as well to show they can use them too. But unlike Whedon who did it out of Love and Wanting to use them, I heard once right at the start back in 2009 when Avengers 1 was just starting to form, he said he wanted the Twins for that but Marvel did not give them to him, not until after Avengers 1, I feel Singer and FOX did it to just keep par and in ways Spite their Marvel rivals at Marvel Studios and Disney. The Look alone was enough for me to feel that was the message, he was made into a boy band, pop ideal look. In then end, it was just to prove they could do it, not if they should have.

Right now, such choices on those Lines I don't feel like Rewarding. I know it makes NO Penny of difference in the long-run or the bigger scheme of things if I don't go see it, NO DOUBT, I matter not if DofP does well or not, I am 1 little Man, LOL!

But it is just for my own personal integrity and values that I feel not to rewards such with all I just said before hand. Avengers 2, as your said is the Real Wanda and in turn the Real Pietro in that Movie indeed, that I want to Reward indeed! NOW, Whedon can blow it up with me as well, I find out a choice or some theme they have with them I don't like and I will jump off the Bandwagon as well, indeed that can happen. BUT, right now I don't see that happening and any changes he has made have been tweaks and all the rumors where non-real in the end. Wanda's look to makes sense to me being just coming from the streets, so everything SO FAR is working well, BUT I am indeed keeping my eyes on it to make sure, but I have good hopes for it.

Thanks allot for Your Views on DofP Pat Thomas, I always enjoy your opinions on things always! They are well thought out, informative and REAL, your a Fan that lets his mind be heard well here, thank you for that!

I will at least leave my opinions open to DofP, but right now it has allot to prove to me to give it my money.

I hope that make sense my friend, Thanks for the Interesting Discussion Indeed! :-)
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed Pat Thomas, you make good points, ones that indeed are good to consider and think on in ways I have not before, it goes with what Wren was saying as well!

In the end, all of the Marvel Movies are different from the sourse matter, they are in effect like an other-world comic in the end. They way I look at them now more then every are:

1.) Being in ways a Tribute to the Characters that they are based on
    2.) Being a General Introduction to the basics of these characters, worlds and teams
    3.) A 1st Step Intro to possible New Fans to get into comics

This is my main view of the movies and what they stand for IMO. So when they make minor changes to fit with things to make the movie work I can let it slide cause I understand how much harder it is to make a movie that has to try to appeal to a much wider range audience then what a comic book does. So I have never been or tried to be that guy who if everything is not perfect like from the comic it is not good to me. I am willing to accept some changes to make it work indeed, so long as it is respectful to the main idea of who and what it is coming from.

Also, I will admit the Action of the movie, mystery in how it all goes together, the Sentinels, all the different mutants and how the power look now compared to older movies does spark my fandom and curiosity as well, I will not lie, it has. Also, it being considered in such a low standard by me and other, that maybe if any of us see it, it will impress more then we thought indeed.

Now, with that said, I will at best rather wait and see how it does and its response by others to it. My whole thing with it, their are a few, but indeed it is a form of respect and pride of how they represent a character. IMO, Pietro is not my favorite, but I indeed admired the character allot and his history and mostly his connection to his sister. Right now he is easily in my top 25 favorites in comic now, allot of that base on his connections to Wanda. With that I feel that not much love and care was give by Singer and the crew to him in this movie. Their are others like Rogue and Storm of stories I have heard I don't like either, but Pietro was the major straw for me.

In the end it feels like a rush job to add him in, I have no solid evidence of that, but indeed after Wheadon said his thing exactly a year ago around this time for Iron Man 3, the Twins Become the NEW Hot Ticket Heroes on the Block, which made me BEYOND Happy and gave me HOPE for their Future, still does today! But with that I think it put FOX and Singer on the spot to exercise their powers and copyrights as well to show they can use them too. But unlike Whedon who did it out of Love and Wanting to use them, I heard once right at the start back in 2009 when Avengers 1 was just starting to form, he said he wanted the Twins for that but Marvel did not give them to him, not until after Avengers 1, I feel Singer and FOX did it to just keep par and in ways Spite their Marvel rivals at Marvel Studios and Disney. The Look alone was enough for me to feel that was the message, he was made into a boy band, pop ideal look. In then end, it was just to prove they could do it, not if they should have.

Right now, such choices on those Lines I don't feel like Rewarding. I know it makes on Penny of difference in the long-run or the bigger scheme of things, NO DOUBT! But it is just for my own personal integrity and values that I feel not to rewards such with all I just said before hand. Avengers 2, as your said is the Real Wanda and in turn the Real Pietro in that Movie indeed, that I want to Reward indeed! NOW, Whedon can blow it up with me as well, I find out a choice or some theme they have with them I don't like and I will jump off the Bandwagon as well, indeed that can happen. BUT, right now I don't see that happening and any changes he has made have been tweaks and all the rumors where non-real in the end. Wanda's look to makes sense to me being just coming from the streets, so everything SO FAR is working well, BUT I am indeed keeping my eyes on it to make sure, but I have good hopes for it.

Thanks allot for Your Views on DofP Pat Thomas, I always enjoy your opinions on things an, they are well thought out, informative and REAL, your a Fan that lets his mind be heard well here, thank you for that!

I will at least leave my opinions open to DofP, but right now it has allot to prove to me to give it my money.

I hope that make sense my friend, Thanks for the Interesting Discussion Indeed! :-)
    Yes, you make perfect sense. I won't see the movie at the theater, either. In 6 months I'll either PPV it or buy it on VUDU, depending on whether I think I'll want to watch
    it multiple times. I haven't even seen Cap yet, and will probably wait on it, too. Besides Avengers 2, only Guardians Of The Galaxy has a chance of drawing me to a theater.
    Now, if Amazing Spidey 2 was a MCU movie, I'd be there in a heartbeat, but it's another one that has strayed off to far from the source. To me, Spidey is the most awesome
    superhero of all, so I definitely understand how you feel about character tweaks.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Yes, you make perfect sense. I won't see the movie at the theater, either. In 6 months I'll either PPV it or buy it on VUDU, depending on whether I think I'll want to watch
    it multiple times. I haven't even seen Cap yet, and will probably wait on it, too. Besides Avengers 2, only Guardians Of The Galaxy has a chance of drawing me to a theater.
    Now, if Amazing Spidey 2 was a MCU movie, I'd be there in a heartbeat, but it's another one that has strayed off to far from the source. To me, Spidey is the most awesome
    superhero of all, so I definitely understand how you feel about character tweaks.
    That is indeed what I may do as well, a NetFlix watch or something like that, feels best for me indeed!

It will take Allot to convince me in giving it a try with all that has gone one with it, those that do want to see it I Truly Hope They have a good time and it makes them Happy!

For me, indeed it was a Bridge to Far with Pietro and really IMO it is all about The Twins being payed with Respect cause they Rightfully Deserve and Have Earned it Now, Especially after all the TERRIBLE BS they Went Threw by Marvel and Bendis the Last Decade. So in that view, they are character that I want to see the Best used out of, not a 4th string, grey background just to prove a point, that is what got them thrown under the bus by Marvel in the 1st place, creators who did not respect them. So that is another part where it comes from, showing respect to the Twins.

As for Spider-Man, I missed Amazing 1, can't remember why, feel bad I did. But Indeed Amazing 2 looks Interesting and the Guy Playing Spiderman Looks to have the part down well.

FAST FAN FACT, Even Thought Spider-Man in not in my Top 10 Favorite Heroes in Comics right now, does not mean by MILES that I don't like the Character at all, LOL! IMO, he is Beyond, his is a SUPREME Character, one that is in my Universal Fandom Always! I Grew up with him, his Shows, Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, the Works! He is The Best of the Best, He is in the Same League as Batman and Superman! He has that much respect from me and goes that deep with my as a Comic Fan!

So Indeed I know a Allot about all three of them, I grew-up with them and still enjoy them today, so indeed I am interested in Amazing 2! :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Wink

Scarlet Witch - Uncanny Avengers
    by scarlethex

http://scarlethex.deviantart.com/art...gers-398526660

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm not pleased to hear that. Looking at his appearence alone in DOFP, I'd be horrified to see their version of Wanda. Call me a conspiracist but, I've always speculated they only added Pietro to spite Marvel.
    As for me, Scarlet Witch appearing in DOFP would b awesome. That would make her more known worldwide. I'm not expecting her to have a major role though so seeing her showing up would be great already

Apparently Lorna is appearing in the movie, it would have been nice if Wanda did a cameo too !
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    As for me, Scarlet Witch appearing in DOFP would b awesome. That would make her more known worldwide. I'm not expecting her to have a major role though so seeing her showing up would be great already
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Apparently Lorna is appearing in the movie, it would have been nice if Wanda did a cameo too !
    I think this gets to another point I missed as well in my earlier post with Pat Thomas.

I was never or against the Twins in being used by both movies, in fact at the start I thought it be pretty interesting see them in both. I just got disappointed when all the teases came out and it just feel off from their sadly.

NOW, maybe Wanda does make a cameo I hear of and it is considered good and Pietro gets beyond his boy band look and does well indeed. But right now I indeed have to wait and see and hear IMO if this all works out.

But besides that yea, it was a nice idea to have them in DofP to help them gain more PR indeed, just not liking the way they exicuted it when we got done with the final product.

I still wonder why they have not made Nocturne meet Wanda because that would be an interesting setup. While they are at they should make her meet Billy and Tommy.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Talia_Wagner_(Earth-2182)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I still wonder why they have not made Nocturne meet Wanda because that would be an interesting setup. While they are at they should make her meet Billy and Tommy.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Talia_Wagner_(Earth-2182)
    I'd be intrigued to see it. Actually, I'd include Nightcrawler just to make the meeting particularly awkward.

Where is Talia these days? I haven't seen her in years.

Screen Rant interviews both Elizabeth Olsen and ATJ:
    http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-int...aylor-johnson/

Olsen was the more forthcoming of the two, playfully parrying the question of what it’s like having to pretend that the guy she was just kissing in Godzilla is now her brother in Avengers 2:

Elizabeth Olsen: It’s awesome! [Laughs] You know, we only did a few scenes together for [Godzilla], but we spent time together in Vancouver, and I got to know his family, and we spent time together. And to play really tight twin brother and sister, it’s really lucky it’s not with some guy I jut met or something. I think we both like the fact that we have this other film [Godzilla] in our repertoire.

Preparation is always key for an actor who is stepping into a major comic book role – but Olsen has made it clear in past interviews that she is doing substantial research on Scarlett Witch – research she has apparently continued with:

With ‘Avengers’, for me it was just like ‘Throw it all in!’ and just like read. And I’m still reading comics, and I love looking at fan pages for something like that. I think for something like a comic book character, that’s something else… But I’m also the first human interpretation of the Scarlet Witch, so you want to be able to honor cartoons and comics and fans and all of that. But bring your own thing to it that you’re creating. So that’s been a really fun process… But it’s awesome because she’s dope.

Turning to our first meeting of “The Twins” at the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier; it’s pretty clear in the mid-credits sequence that Quicksilver is still getting used to the physics and control of his super-speed powers; however, fans have been debating what it is, exactly, that they saw Scarlet Witch doing with her own abilities.
    In the scene, Olsen’s Scarlet Witch is seen levitating three blocks seemingly with her mind, until she suddenly smashes the blocks together in violent action before the screen suddenly cuts to black. The debate has been whether we observed dangerous telekinetic abilities at work – or if there was some hint as to Scarlet Witch’s “reality-altering hex powers” from the comics, which wree being teased in the clip.

For her part, Olsen isn’t telling:

What am I doing [in the clip]? Whatever it looks like [Laughs]. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say ANYthing! I’m so terrified about everything Marvel!

Until we know more, fan speculation will likely continue to range from Marvel scaling Scarlet Witch’s powers down to a more manageable cache of psychic abilities to the character retaining her full abilities and somehow being connected to the Reality Stone – one of six Marvel Movie MacGuffins that could eventually culminate in a showdown with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet in a later Avengers sequel. We’ll see.

I am STOKED for A;AoU!!! I can't wait to see Olsen's portrayal of Scarlet Witch!!!! I think she'll do good.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Lightbulb

Thanks allot as always Witchfan for Keeping us Up-To-Date on the latest Avengers 2 and Scarlet Witch News out of it! ;-)

It's good to keep reading these as they are coming out cause it is sound more and more like Miss Olsen is Really Enjoy this role! She not only to be enjoying playing Wanda and but also reading about her, that is something truly special indeed I have to say! The Facts that she really seem to be saying that she care about what she reads and even going on fan pages to get more about Wanda! :-O

I mean, if this is indeed as good as I hope it to be, she is going to make allot of Fans Happy, I mean Really Happy. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I am STOKED for A;AoU!!! I can't wait to see Olsen's portrayal of Scarlet Witch!!!! I think she'll do good.
    Indeed, every new piece of news makes me feel alittle bit better of what is coming down the line, indeed I am looking more and more Forward to it with each new detail to come out!

What is most is that she seems to be becoming a Fan of Wanda and seems to be feeling a Sense of Responsibility to Make this work:

"But I’m also the first human interpretation of the Scarlet Witch, so you want to be able to honor cartoons and comics and fans and all of that."

THAT, right their says allot IMO, she is truly become Wanda and an Actress that like the Character and Respects her will only want to do More then her best to show that and Honor that IMO, it is their craft as an Actor.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-04-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    THAT, right their says allot IMO, she is truly become Wanda and an Actress that like the Character and Respects her will only want to do More then her best to show that and Honor that IMO, it is their craft as an Actor.
    I agree. She also said she's doing "a ton" of reading, to get acquainted with the character. Which I think could help her.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I agree. She also said she's doing "a ton" of reading, to get acquainted with the character. Which I think could help her.
    I am indeed really wondering what she is Reading?! 95% of all of Wanda's books are good, so long as she stays away from Benids's work I will be happy indeed. But I have hopes too the Whedon has her mostly on the 60's, 70's and 80's Mainly, that seems to be the era he is taking his Wanda from as well. Also, Busiek's Work I Really Hope she reads as well!

Originally Posted by Nemesis@:

Wanda, Clea and Wasp by Paul Renauld!