Page 103 of 818 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 12267
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Don't worry, there are no HoM references in the issue other than that one line.
    So did you read the issue already Gurkle? If so how was the issue?
    Last edited by CJStriker; 09-17-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm more annoyed about PAD take-on of the character.
    This writer is too smart and crafted to deliver such an horrendous line by mistake. I'd like this Wanda proving to be some kind of doppleganger, otherwise the fact that PAD wrote this, have Wanda act this wildly ooc is worrying.
    Either he truly believe she's like that or he thinks it's fine trolling her and her fans in the name of fan-servicing a contingent of her X-haters.
    Annoying in both cases.
    And PAD is one of the best X-writer in the stable at the moment, so I dread what the others could come up with if they ever get the chance...
    1st off, good to see you back on Wanda's Thread People Of The Earth, Welcome back my friend!

I indeed understand and do get worried when a writer does do something like this to Wanda, espcially when it is just a cameo or 1 issue she is appearing in. This was my same reaction when I read No More Humans and found both the Lack of Lorna in the Magnus Family Reunion(or lack of time there-of given to it since it only happens in 2 pages of it and it goes into Magneto only) and the fact that all Wanda got was a mention that so simliar is just saying HoM in every single line for 3 panels. So indeed such worries do have warrant when it seems such cameos do just boil down to HoM.

However, I have not read the book yet and will only go on what Gurlke said as being the only reference to it. Really, I believe PAD just did this and granted I am going on the side of Most Positivist, that PAD only did it cause really he did not care either way. I think he just wanted to get it out of the way and tell his girls night out story. He was lazy and did not care is my best hope, granted he could have done this better and not even putting those OOC words in Wanda's mouth, but maybe he just did not care either way, he wanted to get beyond it and did not care about focusing on the old story and wanted to end it cold. Heck, after that in the page no one gets into any argument and just gets to Lets go out, party and get a drink.

So the Fact that PAD just went at the speed of light from HoM to Drinking Night IMO and theory is that he just wanted to get it done and did not care how or why, he just wanted to get to his story. But that is just a theory.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 09-17-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

More like a comedy issue. ..The drinking didn't make sense...Wanda has a high class European aura about her..maybe she drinks wine...not beer.

CJStriker: Curious to know your thoughts about today's UA and Wanda's portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    More like a comedy issue. ..The drinking didn't make sense...Wanda has a high class European aura about her..maybe she drinks wine...not beer.
    She drinks beer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    i gather you don't know many High class Europeans? Especial those from Eastern Europe?

madarivian

Ultimate Member

I can buy her not drinking Beer. I drink, but I don't drink Beer (I prefer Bourbon/Scotch, occasionally Vodka). So maybe she just usually drinks Wine of something. Oh and the scene with Danger was fun.

Robbi Rodriguez

Funny issue with Wanda front and Center in ANXF #14. I wonder though has she honestly not had beer before?? I kinda got the impression that it was her first time drinking.

Personally this is the first time I have liked Wanda in a LONG time. Yes she done wrong the mutants and this is coming from someone who lost a lot of faves because of her actions but at the end of the day it was just another plot point.

Its way too late now to have her acting like this stuff happened yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally this is the first time I have liked Wanda in a LONG time. Yes she done wrong the mutants and this is coming from someone who lost a lot of faves because of her actions but at the end of the day it was just another plot point.

Its way too late now to have her acting like this stuff happened yesterday.
    In the MU it was not all that long ago,and its consquence are stil being felt. How long is the period required for mass-murder and genocide to blow over

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There is no set time. And for an appreciation thread, we can set aside labels of mass-murdering which has implications of malicious intent that has not been proven with finality for Wanda.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Well as much as I like Wanda, her specifically saying "no more mutants" is kind of hard to get around if you're going to argue lack of intent. Anyway, the issue was fun and Wanda blabbing about Pietro being a spy is surely going to have repercussions down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well as much as I like Wanda, her specifically saying "no more mutants" is kind of hard to get around if you're going to argue lack of intent. Anyway, the issue was fun and Wanda blabbing about Pietro being a spy is surely going to have repercussions down the road.
    It's easy to get around. She was possessed by the life force, used as weapon. Now she's not possessed. This is also fiction where things really have always been ignored or plot points forgotten.

Either way, I don't think this rhetoric that's been going on for almost 10 years now and has gone nowhere should be in her appreciation thread.