Page 106 of 818 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 12267

Thank you for the very warm welcome you have given me. If I created a thread asking which marvel character has the friendliest fan bases I think you guys would Win easily. I went from not really caring about her to having her in my top 5 favorite characters, partly because of your posts in this thread and the other thread.

The only Wanda stories I have read are Uncanny Avengers, HoM/Decimation and Children's Crusade (the latter two to see why some people despise her). I'm very interested to read a Wanda story that showcases her personality and heroism (with good artwork if possible). I would appreciate any recommendations you could make. I have found that reading Wiki's doesn't really give you the whole story (I.e. Beautifull art, humor, context...).
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 09-23-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Other thread's business

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Glad to have a new convert on the Wanda thread. If you've read from her early appearances up until current times, it is really quite shocking to see her go from being
    very unsure of herself in the beginning to one of the few permanent members of the Avengers for nearly 40 years, to the perception of her over the last 10 years. All
    starting from a single storyline thrown together to end the Avengers title and restart it with Spidey & Wolverine. House Of M was just icing on the cake, and since she didn't
    appear again for almost 10 years, that's how new readers identify Wanda. It's a source of frustration to me and some others to have her previous history discounted by
    people who have grown to actually hate this character based on an asinine story that doesn't make any logical sense to have happened at all. I just think that some people
    who might think they got a raw deal need something to focus the hate, and Wanda has been set up as the perfect scapegoat. If you are in a discussion with one of these
    people, there is no changing their mind, even presenting facts. For some reason, they are blinded to the truth. I truly believe it is a subject they cannot be rational about.
    Learn to live with it, or you will probably say something you regret eventually.
    You are right, so I have decided to take a step back. Hopefully the axis issues and future Astonishing Avengers issues can help "redeem" Wanda in their eyes. As more issues are released I will try to show Wanda's side. However as things stand right now I think it is better for me to not post there.

Glad to have someone new on the board, who also thinks we're classy! Aha, thanks. Yes CJStiker is an amazing Wanda fan, and probably the biggest one here. He's great to talk to about her. If you want to read more Wanda, she was a member of Kurt Busiek's Avengers run, with art mostly by George Perez. Wanda was a mainstay in that series, and it's also where her powers started to grow, from simply altering probability to being able to control chaos magiks and perform larger scale spells. It's a great run, and one of my all time favourite runs of a series. It was a nice time for Wanda, and I would recommend it! I'm sure the other guys have more Wanda recommendations.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    Thank you for the very warm welcome you have given me. If I created a thread asking which marvel character has the friendliest fan bases I think you guys would Win easily. I went from not really caring about her to having her in my top 5 favorite characters, partly because of your posts in this thread and the other thread.

The only Wanda stories I have read are Uncanny Avengers, HoM/Decimation and Children's Crusade (the latter two to see why some people despise her). I'm very interested to read a Wanda story that showcases her personality and heroism (with good artwork if possible). I would appreciate any recommendations you could make. I have found that reading Wiki's doesn't really give you the whole story (I.e. Beautifull art, humor, context...).
    Ask and you shall Receive DeamonSnow! ;-)

The Best Series that would give you all you are looking for is the Kurt Busiek Era Sag, Avengers Volume 3 Drawn by the Ledgend Himself, George Perez!

IMO, Perez's Wanda is the Best Ever and the Story really evolves Wanda in many postive ways!

Here are Links to the Trade Paper Backs on Amazon, Check your Local Comic Stores as well too:

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Assem...ngers+assemble

Last edited by Joe Acro; 09-23-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Other thread's business
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thanx for the recommendations CJstriker and Wonderboy. I was going to start at volume 1 but if you say vol 3 is the one to read then I will start there.
    There are no comic book shops near where I live unfortunately, which is why it has taken me this long to jump into comic books. I'm strictly a digital reader so I will look for it on comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    [/CENTER]
    LOVED this story, and it was Wanda who both saved the day AND spoke the truth in defending Clint and helping him understand what he wants. Great moment for her (and she also shinned in the second Thunderbolts/Avenger story arc with Nefaria).
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 09-23-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Other thread's business

Scarlet Witch by Steve Epting

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    Thanx for the recommendations CJstriker and Wonderboy. I was going to start at volume 1 but if you say vol 3 is the one to read then I will start there.
    There are no comic book shops near where I live unfortunately, which is why it has taken me this long to jump into comic books. I'm strictly a digital reader so I will look for it on comixology.
    Not a bad idea with Comixology, got a few digital comics from their myself. It was Mentioned Marvel Unlimited as well too could help you out.

Volume 1 is a great place to start as well, it is up to you, but indeed both are highly good, I just feel Volume 3 from the late 1990's was some of the best Wanda around like Wonderboy said!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOVED this story, and it was Wanda who both saved the day AND spoke the truth in defending Clint and helping him understand what he wants. Great moment for her (and she also shinned in the second Thunderbolts/Avenger story arc with Nefaria).
    Good to See you here here Kieran_Frost, Welcome Back my friend!

Very Glad you Enjoyed Volume 3 as well too and thanks for sharing what you liked of the series as well!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Scarlet Witch by Steve Epting
    Again, withe the Classic black and white is simple yet tells you so much in an image we never get with color. You get so many details it is incredible and Steve Epting shows his skills here greatly, nice find Juan678!

The outfit she is wearing is a nice change of pace, looks like Eastern European Dress for a night out. The Detail on her face and espically her hair is amazing! Finally the background really brings out Wanda's character and showcases her well indeed, allow her to stand out and look good, that is a good use of back to enhance your character indeed.

Lightbulb

Vanessa Scarlet Witch 1a
    by jagged-eye

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Vaness...h-1a-484150117

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Good to See you here here Kieran_Frost, Welcome Back my friend!
    Very Glad you Enjoyed Volume 3 as well too and thanks for sharing what you liked of the series as well!
    I'd love to see Wanda join All New Thunderbolts (w. Hawkeye) IF said title is revealed at the next expo. Get her away from Remender, and put her with someone who she always shines with (minus that awful sex-issue of New Avengers -- thank GOD Heinberg made that a robot). Clint, Moonstone, Wanda, Songbird, Loki, Centurius and Lascivious... what an awesome group that would be!!!

BANNED

I've had this hope that if Parker ever came back to Marvel I would love to see him do a First Class style series on the Kooky Quartet with art by Scott Kolins or Phil Noto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'd love to see Wanda join All New Thunderbolts (w. Hawkeye) IF said title is revealed at the next expo. Get her away from Remender, and put her with someone who she always shines with (minus that awful sex-issue of New Avengers -- thank GOD Heinberg made that a robot). Clint, Moonstone, Wanda, Songbird, Loki, Centurius and Lascivious... what an awesome group that would be!!!
    Well indeed their are theories and hopes Kieran_Frost that with Avengers 2 coming out and NYCC 2014 being the Last Major Comic Con before it comes out, any Major News about Scarlet Witch being in any other monthly comics, not just cameos or events, will be said their. Indeed my biggest hope is she might get a Solo Book or as you said, put on another team as well!

Avenger's Main team or who knows, maybe a Thunderbolts team as well, just having her and Clint without any of the other Avengers around would lead to some golden Dialogue moments that in the right writer's hands would be too good to contemplate, LMAO! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I've had this hope that if Parker ever came back to Marvel I would love to see him do a First Class style series on the Kooky Quartet with art by Scott Kolins or Phil Noto.
    Speaking of Kooky Quartet Stingnewell, CBR Just Realeased a List:

75 Most Memorable Moments in Marvel Comics History #60-51!

52 Was:

“Cap’s Kooky Quartet is born!” by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Dick Ayers (Avengers #16)!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...story-60-51/3/

Cool

Scarlet Witch colors
    by EDGARSALAZAR

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Scarle...lors-478755299

X-Factor 14
    Fantastic Four 10
    Uncanny Avengers 24
    And now, with Magneto 10 yesterday, Wanda has appeared in four comics in the last three weeks. Her participation in the MU is increasing.