Page 114 of 818 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 12267

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That Daily Superhero rumor sounds super fake. (And if it somehow turns out to be true, I'll still maintain that it sounded super fake.) Calling all the mutants something else would not help them get the movie rights back in any way.
    Nope, it wouldn't hurt the studio one bit.

I would on the other hand like to know officially what this is about. It's already stirred up enough speculation to create interest.

It's obviously something do with Uncanny Avengers - a relaunch or a new storyline, and Pietro is obviously joining the team.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    To each thier own and all that, I suppose.

I've never understood the need for the Magneto retcon. It's brought nothing good to Wanda's story (save, perhaps, a tenuous link to Lorna).

In my head, it's still weird to read 'Wanda Maximoff'. She'll always be 'Wanda Frank', first and foremost.

Removing the Magneto connection would solve a great many of the issues I have with modern stories about her. Pretty much all the BS heaped on her in recent years can be traced to the Magneto retcon.

Good riddance.
    Wanda Frank sounds so blah compared to Wanda Maximoff though! But yeah, the retcon has done nothing for Wanda. And all it's given Pietro is cliche "daddy issues", which I'd be glad to be rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What characters has Fox used in the movies that have even been created in the past...10 years? 20?
    Darwin and angel savaltore. I'm sure there have been a few others

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    It's obviously something do with Uncanny Avengers - a relaunch or a new storyline, and Pietro is obviously joining the team.

Wanda Frank sounds so blah compared to Wanda Maximoff though! But yeah, the retcon has done nothing for Wanda. And all it's given Pietro is cliche "daddy issues", which I'd be glad to be rid of.
    I don't know why I never got used to it. It's been...30 years now since the change? Surely I've read 'Maximoff' far more than I've read 'Frank' over the years? I still reflexively call her 'Wanda Frank' though. Hahaha.

It'd be fun if Pietro joined the team though. I'm hoping for Storm and/or Vision too!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Thanks CjStriker
    mutantslikethese

spzeed

Granov

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

As Always Thanks for the Artwork Contributions Juan678!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Granov
    Always like Potrait Artwork of Wanda and Pencil Draws of Wanda, so this is a Double Dose of Greatness Here.

Really like how it adds a feeling of Elegance to Wanda in the Portrait(Wanda always Hand Elegance, but it really shows here!), the way the Hair flows makes her look like Princess indeed.

A Image Right for Halloween and brings back the Mystery and Horrors of The Shinning in a Maximoff Twin's Style, LOL!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Thanks CjStriker
    mutantslikethese

spzeed

No Problem Juan678! =)

The 1st Image is sweet, I never saw the movie, but that image reminds me of the movie Frozen allot.

The 2nd seems like they used Markers for that one, have not seen markers used in a long time, so indeed it is nice to see them not just used here but in an effective way as well.

The Last on is just plan fun and silly, sometimes we all just need to vacation and Disney is a top choice indeed. Also, since they are apart of Disney, everything should be on the house for them, LOL! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Darwin and angel savaltore. I'm sure there have been a few others
    Oh yeeeeeah! And Fox killed them both (one off-screen, even). Maybe it's not such a good idea for Fox to get ahold of the newer characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    [CENTER]Scarlet Witch
    by necromancer1329

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Scarlet-Witch-486762420

Fantastic Thanks New CjStriker
    New
    More Twins dwarfshaming

extraordinaryaardvark

celestedoodles

Scarlet Witch ranks #6 in this survey of the top ten Avengers in terms of appearances:

http://whatculture.com/comics/top-10...earances.php/6

When Wanda Maximoff first debuted as the Scarlet Witch, it was as a villain. Both her and her twin brother, Quicksilver, were members of Magneto’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. After being rescued by Magneto from an angry mob, the twins reluctantly remained with the Brotherhood, but finally left after Magneto was kidnapped by the Stranger.

Wanda and her brother were part of the first (but certainly not the last) big shake-up in the Avengers’ membership. With all the original members departing, Captain America was left with a team consisting of the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Hawkeye—three reformed villains. Later, her and Quicksilver would discover that Magneto is in fact their biological father.

Despite this, Wanda quickly proved herself and has become a stalwart of the Avengers, across 402 issues. She began a romance and then married her fellow teammate, the Vision. After the Vision was destroyed and rebuilt as an emotionless entity, though, their marriage ended. Wanda accidentally resurrected Wonder Man with her powers and they began a relationship for a time.

During the Avengers Disassembled storyline, Wanda uncharacteristically went insane and used her powers to try and destroy the Avengers. Later, she used her powers to warp reality and then decreased the mutant population down to only 198 by simply speaking the words “no more mutants.”

Wanda has since reformed and after serving an integral role in the conclusion of the Avengers vs. X-Men crossover, she joined the Avengers Unity Squad to try and make amends for her past actions against the mutant community. And she’s already made her film debut, played by Elizabeth Olsen, in the post-credits sequence of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch ranks #6 in this survey of the top ten Avengers in terms of appearances:

http://whatculture.com/comics/top-10...earances.php/6

When Wanda Maximoff first debuted as the Scarlet Witch, it was as a villain. Both her and her twin brother, Quicksilver, were members of Magneto’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. After being rescued by Magneto from an angry mob, the twins reluctantly remained with the Brotherhood, but finally left after Magneto was kidnapped by the Stranger.

Wanda and her brother were part of the first (but certainly not the last) big shake-up in the Avengers’ membership. With all the original members departing, Captain America was left with a team consisting of the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Hawkeye—three reformed villains. Later, her and Quicksilver would discover that Magneto is in fact their biological father.

Despite this, Wanda quickly proved herself and has become a stalwart of the Avengers, across 402 issues. She began a romance and then married her fellow teammate, the Vision. After the Vision was destroyed and rebuilt as an emotionless entity, though, their marriage ended. Wanda accidentally resurrected Wonder Man with her powers and they began a relationship for a time.

During the Avengers Disassembled storyline, Wanda uncharacteristically went insane and used her powers to try and destroy the Avengers. Later, she used her powers to warp reality and then decreased the mutant population down to only 198 by simply speaking the words “no more mutants.”

Wanda has since reformed and after serving an integral role in the conclusion of the Avengers vs. X-Men crossover, she joined the Avengers Unity Squad to try and make amends for her past actions against the mutant community. And she’s already made her film debut, played by Elizabeth Olsen, in the post-credits sequence of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    This in the end does Not Surprised me at all! Pretty much you could not have an Avengers Book without our Scarlet Witch in the story at all since Avengers 16 and the Fact that she has made over 400 Appearances makes her Beyond a Veteran Avenger and into a Legendary Avenger IMO.

Also, I always thought Wanda had a few more appearances then Janet other times other sites counted this, but it really does not matter. One, both ladies are great, Two, both ladies are BFF's that the more times they are together the Better IMO and Three, the difference in appearances by this count is by only 3 appearances! That is nothing, so I am glad to see our Wanda doing so well with her Family in time spent.

This will also increase as time goes on now, with her Avengers 2 appearance it can only lead to Hopefully More Avengers books she can be in and hopefully not only continue in the Unity Team but on the Main Avengers team as well when Hickman's run is done.

Thanks for the site link Witchfan! =)

Smile

Fantastic Thanks New CjStriker
    New
    More Twins dwarfshaming

extraordinaryaardvark

celestedoodles
    As always Good Finds Juan678! =)

The 1st one is a very touching family moment, that is what family is for, to support and be their for one another.

The 2nd one is another in time of Halloween FUN! I am surprised their are not more fun ones with Wanda like this, they are just funny and enjoyable!

The 3rd really has a Eurpean feel and even style of art to it, really enjoy when Wanda's Eurpoean Roots are given credit in artwork.

Extraordinary Member

At the "Women of Marvel" panel at NYCC, editor Jeanine Schaefer was asked by an audience member if there would ever be a Scarlet Witch ongoing. She replied:

"I don’t know if this is going to help… but I’m not over the No More Mutants thing."
    I know she was probably not entirely serious, but geez. One of the oldest heroines at Marvel, and she can't even get respect at a panel dedicated to celebrating Marvel's heroic women, even though she's in many ways a more interesting character (to me) than the ones they're pushing with mixed success. That one stupid panel screwed her up so bad.

Well, I think we can probably rule out Wanda getting her own book, but then most of the B-listers don't seem to get their own books until after the movies come out (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Gamora). Whatever worries I might have about how the film will portray her, I'm glad Whedon wanted to use the twins because it's clear they wouldn't be getting any panel time at all otherwise.