Page 15 of 818 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

Scarlet Witch Makes Another Appearance on a Cover for the Marvel Event Comic Original Sin, Issues #3!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Question:
    Did Hawkeye always say stuff like this to Wanda?

Oh, and this, too?

Seriously, Hawkeye, keep it in your pants. :P
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Question:
    Did Hawkeye always say stuff like this to Wanda?
    http://s11.postimg.org/exlfwogir/1701.jpg

Oh, and this, too?
    http://s10.postimg.org/pq970emyx/1703.jpg

Seriously, Hawkeye, keep it in your pants. :P
    Everything I know about Hawkeye and this is not a hit against him, but this seems to be kind of his 411 when he at times talks to Wanda. He just has a big ego and thinks of himself in an all that short of deal. =p

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I remember that from Busiek's run, and while he's hitting on her, it just doesn't seem quite as offensive to me as telling her she doesn't have to do anything but just stand there let them look at her.
    Like, she just joined the Avengers to be Clint's personal eye candy. Wtf.

BANNED

I remember that from Busiek's run, and while he's hitting on her, it just doesn't seem quite as offensive to me as telling her she doesn't have to do anything but just stand there let them look at her.
    Like, she just joined the Avengers to be Clint's personal eye candy. Wtf.
    LOL! I'm in full agreement with you. However, you have to remember that those books were written in a time were that sorta thing was acceptable and in some way..."cool" . Blame the writers on that one, as opposed to Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    LOL! I'm in full agreement with you. However, you have to remember that those books were written in a time were that sorta thing was acceptable and in some way..."cool" . Blame the writers on that one, as opposed to Clint.
    See, that's why I was asking. I didn't know if it was in character for him to be a creep, or if he just fell victim to silver age writing.

BANNED

See, that's why I was asking. I didn't know if it was in character for him to be a creep, or if he just fell victim to silver age writing.
    It was mostly silver age writing. As time went forward writers/marvel morphed his personality(using the silverage as bases) into Hawkeye being a brash, speak his mind, and confident character.

Extraordinary Member

It was a little bit of both, I think - a bit of Silver Age sexism, yes, but Hawkeye was always supposed to be kind of a jerk. Stan Lee wrote him as the guy who was always talking back to Cap and telling him he was too old to run the Avengers, and he was always picking fights with his teammates. So the way he talked to Wanda was just part of him being a jerk, even though Hank Pym (who was not intended to be a jerk) often talked to Jan the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It was a little bit of both, I think - a bit of Silver Age sexism, yes, but Hawkeye was always supposed to be kind of a jerk. Stan Lee wrote him as the guy who was always talking back to Cap and telling him he was too old to run the Avengers, and he was always picking fights with his teammates. So the way he talked to Wanda was just part of him being a jerk, even though Hank Pym (who was not intended to be a jerk) often talked to Jan the same way.
    But, it's one thing to talk like that, jokingly or light-heartedly, when you're in a relationship with her. But to talk to someone like that when you're not?
    Well, I'm glad times have changed.

BANNED

Well if it's any constellation.....now Hawkeye is in a book were he is made to look like the incompetent and at times incapable Avenger. In the very same title two women are made to seem as if they are the ones who save him from trouble and as if they are his possible betters, if you will. It almost a shoe on the other foot scenario.

Well if it's any constellation.....now Hawkeye is in a book were he is made to look like the incompetent and at times incapable Avenger. In the very same title two women are made to seem as if they are the ones who save him from trouble and as if they are his possible betters, if you will. It almost a shoe on the other foot scenario.
    No, it's not really any consolation, honestly. I don't want to see him look stupid anymore than I want him to make others look stupid.
    That's not really fair. I mean, I suppose it could be seen as fair in a childish sense, but to make him look stupid because he's been written to make OTHERS (guessing females most of the time?) look and feel stupid, is really no better.

If the writer wants to be fair, then just make Hawkeye respect women. Making him look stupid and incompetent is only going to tick his fans off.

BANNED

Red face

No, it's not really any consolation, honestly. I don't want to see him look stupid anymore than I want him to make others look stupid.
    That's not really fair. I mean, I suppose it could be seen as fair in a childish sense, but to make him look stupid because he's been written to make OTHERS (guessing females most of the time?) look and feel stupid, is really no better.

If the writer wants to be fair, then just make Hawkeye respect women. Making him look stupid and incompetent is only going to tick his fans off.
    And this is why me and you are friends.

And this is why me and you are friends.
    Yes it is. <3

how is wanda's hand to hand combat lately?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-09-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how is wanda's hand to hand combat lately?
    Their has not been really any examples lately of Wanda in Hand-to-Hand combat, but that is ok, that is not her speciality.

BUT, if the past stories are any indication, then she all set for the Future. She is well trained by Captain America Himself, can throw a Mean Left hook and can hold her own! ;-)