Page 5 of 818 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Uncanny Avengers 20 Cover variante Land
    This cover makes me sad.
    Look at those proportions. Rogue's ungloved hand is larger than her face. Their thighs are thicker than their torsos. Yeesh.
    These fictional fierce females deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I was rereading Kurt Busiek's fantastic Avengers run recently and that got me thinking about the Chthon/Wanda connection and the Elder Gods in general. Does anybody know if Chthon has been seen or even mentioned in Marvel comics in recent times? Has his connection to Wanda been mentioned at all?

I think there's a lot of unexplored potential in Chthon, especially in relation to Wanda.
    The last I remember seeing Chthon was in Gage's Mighty Avengers. Of course, Wanda was...missing, at that point, so he possessed Pietro in stead which is (as far as I remember) the first time a connection has been made to both twins, not just Wanda.

I agree, I think Chthon is a huge source of potential, as is Wundagore in general. I'd love to see more exploration not just of the twin's connections to the Elder God, but to the High Evolutionary. The twins were born on his premises, midwifed by one of his New Men (RIP Bova ). It seems like he would have taken an interest in them, but his involvement in their lives has always been superficial at best. Pietro has had some entanglement with him, but Wanda has largely stayed away.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I would like to point out there there's a copy of this topic on the X-Boards.

http://community.comicbookresources....=4096#post4096

Personally I feel that topic on the X-Books section should be either merged into this one, as this one is correctly posted in the appropriate section, or closed. What are your thoughts, Wanda Fans? Should Wanda's Appreciation Topic be here on the Marvel Section or the X-Books Section?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This cover makes me sad.
    Look at those proportions. Rogue's ungloved hand is larger than her face. Their thighs are thicker than their torsos. Yeesh.
    Their chests seem larger than their heads as well... I feel sorry for both as their backs must be killing them. At least Wanda would have Chaos Magic to help her walk upright while poor Rogue has nothing.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    As an offering to the gods of Scarlet Witch in this thread, I give you once again this piece I commissioned around the time of AvX of Lorna and Wanda. The idea was of the two of them fighting it out during the events, since I think that's where the most potential between them lies right this second, with more friendly interaction coming after. Again, my opinion.

Drawn by MikazukiShigure:

Thanks for that Offering Post and Image Salarta, I like the story behind the commision and indeed it was job very well done, thanks for sharing it with use!

Glad to see you on the New Boards as well, Welcome to the New Scarlet Witch Thread! =)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thanos Anual 1 Wanda cameo

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanos Anual 1 Wanda cameo
    HOLY COW, Thanos is Throwing a Dang-Gum BUILDING at The Original Captain Marvel and Drax the Destroyer, WOW, that is just WOW! =O

It is indeed Nostgice back to classic Avengers and their may Wars with Thanos! It is sad to see Wanda down-&-out their along with the other Avengers, but at least it is telling story of how Hard and Difficult the Fight was with and always has been with Thanos!! But in the end it is just Nice to see Wanda get cameos in other books in then end, this context is Historic.

Thanks for Sharing that with us Juan678!

I am now wondering if they will do a take on The Infinity Gauntlet as well in the Annual, that be Awesome and would NEED Wanda in that Flashback as Well! =)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This cover makes me sad.
    There's also the fact that both of their faces look exactly the same. Even their hair looks pretty similar, it's just that Rogue has some white in hers.

Extraordinary Member

I'd dig that also. Its good art.

Our movie Wanda, Elizabeth Olsen, confirms that she is engaged:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ment-time.html

Ultimate Member

Good for her, congrats.

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    What's up? That Greg Land cover to 20 made me jump but also made me vomit. Don't know how to feel.
    Yeah...it was weird. It was an awesome cover but then...Greg Land did it.

So I feel empty about it.

[QUOTEPersonally I feel that topic on the X-Books section should be either merged into this one, as this one is correctly posted in the appropriate section, or closed. What are your thoughts, Wanda Fans? Should Wanda's Appreciation Topic be here on the Marvel Section or the X-Books Section?][/QUOTE]

Wanda belongs in the Avengers threads. She has never been an X-Man.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Our movie Wanda, Elizabeth Olsen, confirms that she is engaged:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ment-time.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Good for her, congrats.
    Indeed Congratulations to Miss Olsen on her Upcoming Married, I wish her Happiness and Health to her, her husband, their married, their extended Families and to any children they have!

Now she will be Mrs. Elizabeth Holbrook!

What is SO EPIC about Miss Olsen is that she is Playing the Role of MY #1 Favorite Superhero and she is in the Movie about MY #1 Favorite Movie Monster since I was 7!!! =D

I mean, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!? That is just too EPIC to put into Words! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    The last I remember seeing Chthon was in Gage's Mighty Avengers. Of course, Wanda was...missing, at that point, so he possessed Pietro in stead which is (as far as I remember) the first time a connection has been made to both twins, not just Wanda.

I agree, I think Chthon is a huge source of potential, as is Wundagore in general. I'd love to see more exploration not just of the twin's connections to the Elder God, but to the High Evolutionary. The twins were born on his premises, midwifed by one of his New Men (RIP Bova ). It seems like he would have taken an interest in them, but his involvement in their lives has always been superficial at best. Pietro has had some entanglement with him, but Wanda has largely stayed away.
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out.

Wanda certainly does have one of the more bizarre and convuluted origin stories. Magneto, Chthon, the High Evolutionary...it seems like everybody was there.

Hey, my first double post! Just like old times.