Page 501 of 818 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 12267

Just looking at about 5 scanned pages for issue #11 over on scans daily and now Wanda is apparently spoilers:
    from Serbia instead of Transia
    end of spoilers
    Of course since I'm not getting the full story I might be missing something.
    Last edited by leokearon; 10-05-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Just read today's issue and I liked it. I liked how Robinson did his research and even mentioned the story of how Django returned briefly in the pages of the Avengers years ago. I can't wait to read next's issue.

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Just read today's issue and I liked it. I liked how Robinson did his research and even mentioned the story of how Django returned briefly in the pages of the Avengers years ago. I can't wait to read next's issue.
    I am anxious to read the next issue myself. I thoroughly enjoyed SW # 11. Heck, to be honest the last 4 issues have been major winners for me! (I've enjoyed them all, but the last 4 have been consistently outstanding IMO.) I also loved the detail in the story. Without giving anything away, Wanda has been at the top of her game in so many ways and writer, James Robinson has been at the top of his game in his handling/evolution of Wanda and the series of this book! I feel truly blessed in having this series to enjoy!

Without spoiling the entire issue, here is how Wanda's biographical information will change as a result of Scarlet Witch #11:

1. Wanda Maximoff was born in Serbia
    2. Her natural mother is Natalya Maximoff, a previous Scarlet Witch. She died violently on Mount Wundagore in Transia.
    3. Django Maximoff is her maternal uncle. He is deceased.
    4. Marya Maximoff is her maternal aunt. She is alive in Serbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Without spoiling the entire issue, here is how Wanda's biographical information will change as a result of Scarlet Witch #11:

1. Wanda Maximoff was born in Serbia
    2. Her natural mother is Natalya Maximoff, a previous Scarlet Witch. She died violently on Mount Wundagore in Transia.
    3. Django Maximoff is her maternal uncle. He is deceased.
    4. Marya Maximoff is her maternal aunt. She is alive in Serbia.
    I am loving how Robinson is quietly building a stronger foundation of Wanda's roots/origin that makes sense. Also loving how what we have learned so far appears to match up with the history we know about her. This recent unveiling POTENTIALLY still matches up with the Chthon history as we know it and give greater weight, as well as sense to it.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Usually I wait to read threw each Scarlet Witch Issue 2x's before I give my opinion, BUT I have been SO BAD on catching up with my reviews I am going to give one NOW while it is still hot in my mind and on topic!

So this is just an early post to say the review is up and going right now, will be done shortly!

Also, again I am sorry I have not given my opinions more on the last issues, things have been getting away from me that last few months, but I have gotten alot of things done.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Scarlet Witch #11 Review:

I don't try to be the most accurate on every aspect on Wanda's history, I only post what I know for certain and when I do I try to back it up with panels I have been able to make pics out of and so forth. I plan even as part of my reading allot of comics both old and new, Marvel, DC Comics and others a MASSIVE Classics Read to get all the history down cold of Marvel, espically Scarlet Witch. So much I read, but so much gets lost, so much I realize I have read and so much I have not gotten to yet, Comics history is MASSIVE and it is quite an honor to just be able to know as much as I do today, but what I will know down the line will make me really excited to look forward too! Mainly New, but classic as well!

That said, this issue as a Major one without any doubt, one that starts the cementing of the history of Wanda to the new after the changes Wanda has gone threw in the last 2-3 years. So for facts I know how much they are controversial and I have given my says on them are already.

Just by that I went into this book knowing that James Robinson had a mighty task of doing Wanda the best he could with what situation he was given, both defining her for the Post Secret Wars II era and cleaning up the changes that happen to her history. So really I give Robinson the Best Credit in the world cause I truly believe his writing of Wanda in this book is coming from not just a place of truly fandom for Wanda and Love for her character, but true love for her history in the best way he can honor it with the situation he has with all the changes Marvel wanted for Wanda up to this point.

Going by just that, but honoring those that still find in controversial an given my views on those, I have to say I am Pretty Impressed with what Robinson has done up to this point. Granted he still is at the really mid-way point, but so far I am impressed. IMO he is TRYING to Honor Allot of Wanda's most beloved history to add to this new origin, from Mount Wundagore to the High Evolutionary, to her connection to her maternal family, to the new now connections to her legacy name, but those standard he is doing a Pretty Impressive Job.

I give Robinson Credit for doing this from a place of truly love for Wanda's Character and that is really the best I can ask for. I like to hear more opinions on this cause I am Man of many Minds on this, I give praise to the creative love that was given in this story, but hold important the opinions to the controversy of the changes, so the more I hear from others the better.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 10-06-2016 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Grammer and Spelling Fixes.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Without reading the issue, since I'll have to wait for the trade, what I've seen doesn't bother me at all. Hopefully we will learn why Wanda was lead to believe she was a mutant and Magneto's daughter in the upcoming issues

CuFJjyFWIAQOSF0.jpg

A Scarlet Witch Lego with the green jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

I don't try to be the most accurate on every aspect on Wanda's history, I only post what I know for certain and when I do I try to back it up with panels I have been able to make pics out of and so forth. I plan even as part of my reading allot of comics both old and new, Marvel, DC Comics and others a MASSIVE Classics Read to get all the history down cold of Marvel, espically Scarlet Witch. So much I read, but so much gets lost, so much I realize I have read and so much I have not gotten to yet, Comics history is MASSIVE and it is quite an honor to just be able to know as much as I do today, but what I will know down the line will make me really excited to look forward too! Mainly New, but classic as well!

That said, this issue as a Major one without any doubt, one that starts the cementing of the history of Wanda to the new after the changes Wanda has gone threw in the last 2-3 years. So for facts I know how much they are controversial and I have given my says on them are already.

Just by that I went into this book knowing that James Robinson had a mighty task of doing Wanda the best he could with what situation he was given, both defining her for the Post Secret Wars II era and cleaning up the changes that happen to her history. So really I give Robinson the Best Credit in the world cause I truly believe his writing of Wanda in this book is coming from not just a place of truly fandom for Wanda and Love for her character, but true love for her history in the best way he can honor it with the situation he has with all the changes Marvel wanted for Wanda up to this point.

Going by just that, but honoring those that still find in controversial an given my views on those, I have to say I am Pretty Impressed with what Robinson has done up to this point. Granted he still is at the really mid-way point, but so far I am impressed. IMO he is TRYING to Honor Allot of Wanda's most beloved history to add to this new origin, from Mount Wundagore to the High Evolutionary, to her connection to her maternal family, to the new now connections to her legacy name, but those standard he is doing a Pretty Impressive Job.

I give Robinson Credit for doing this from a place of truly love for Wanda's Character and that is really the best I can ask for. I like to hear more opinions on this cause I am Man of many Minds on this, I give praise to the creative love that was given in this story, but hold important the opinions to the controversy of the changes, so the more I hear from others the better.
    I agree CJ !!! There definitely seems to be a love/appreciation for Wanda by Robinson in how he is writing her. What makes it even better for me is that he has based his characterization on facts and nuances of Wanda that we have seen over her entire existence. An example would be that as loving and accepting as Wanda can be, she has no tolerance for nonsense when something is important to her. Her scene with the minister exemplifies that. Some of the most classic moments is when Wanda is just not having it! (Remember when she hexed that chair between Cap and Iron man?) Having said that, everything that I've read so far blends in seamlessly with the Wanda we already know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

It's all wrong...she looks just like Madga and this movie agenda has screwed everything up. She ruled the world 11 years ago but now she's from Serbia? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    I agree CJ !!! There definitely seems to be a love/appreciation for Wanda by Robinson in how he is writing her. What makes it even better for me is that he has based his characterization on facts and nuances of Wanda that we have seen over her entire existence. An example would be that as loving and accepting as Wanda can be, she has no tolerance for nonsense when something is important to her. Her scene with the minister exemplifies that. Some of the most classic moments is when Wanda is just not having it! (Remember when she hexed that chair between Cap and Iron man?) Having said that, everything that I've read so far blends in seamlessly with the Wanda we already know.

What I have enjoyed about Robinson's Wanda is that she has a much more Sassy-Yet Dry-to-the-Cool wite to her speech when she is making a point, it is very upper-class in many ways with a great sense of wisdom to it and knowledge of all the details going on around her with added smarts she has accumulated over her many years. This is not some rank-newby but a Seasoned lady that was the Leader of Forceworks and Deputy Leader of the Avengers! YOU DON'T achieve those rankings lightly and without coming away with SOME Grand level of owning your surroundings! ;-)

I get a great sense from Robinson of a Great Depth of Knowledge as pure as can be of Wanda's history and he is TRYING to fit as much as he can into each page while keeping it in the limits of a few issues and pages, that is a hard task to do but he does it here. I think that is what I like the most about this book as you well put it in your points so well, that Robinson with what he has, knows and can work with shows he is putting his ALL into this Vision he has for Wanda and to a Great Degree I Greatly appertained that about what he has done here up to this point and trust him with it going forward Maximoffimpact!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    It's all wrong...she looks just like Madga and this movie agenda has screwed everything up. She ruled the world 11 years ago but now she's from Serbia? Yikes.
    but they are romani, right? they are, literally, travelers. so it didn't really matter where she was born. I could be wrong though. I haven't read the book.

p.s. they are totally going to make Pietro Magneto's kid (and not Wanda's blood relative).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but they are romani, right? they are, literally, travelers. so it didn't really matter where she was born. I could be wrong though. I haven't read the book.

p.s. they are totally going to make Pietro Magneto's kid (and not Wanda's blood relative).
    They are Romani. They were born in Serbia and later came to live in Transia. Wanda and Pietro are still twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Witches to read about for Halloween:

http://www.yalsa.ala.org/thehub/2016...men-in-comics/

Scarlet Witch Vol. 1: Witches’ Road by James Robinson with illustrations by Vanesa R. Del Rey, Marco Ruby, Steve Dillion, Chris Visions, and Javier Pulido – With her inclusion in Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War, Scarlet Witch has been introduced to a whole new group of fans. This comic offers the perfect continuation for both long time and new fans. In this volume, Scarlet Witch must travel across the globe in an attempt to save magic and witchcraft from a mysterious figure who would destroy it. The series combines compelling artwork by a strong group of artists with an exciting story, resulting in a great reading experience.
    Hey I just wanted to say thanks to the passionate posters (in particular CJStriker and Witchfan but others as well) in this thread. You inspired me buy the above TPB and I really enjoyed it. I feel the stories provides plenty of opportunities for Wanda to strut her stuff and develop her character. I also liked the rotating artists, helped to give the stories an individual feel. Definitely the type of comic I like to read.

Looking forward to volume 2.