Page 502 of 818 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 12267
    Fantastic Member

the most simply is: Wanda is not the daughter of Magneto but Quicksilver yes, they are not twins, only brothers that take less than a year raised as twins, Pietro is the son of Magneto and scarlet witch mother of wanda, wanda is no longer a mutant, no problems, solved all. That t Pietro is the son of Magneto which it is something that all people who do not read comics think because movies, Pietro not have importance in the MCU, wanda is not mutat, all solved....

I really wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being the case - Pietro not being Natalya's son but Wanda is. It would make other things make no sense but I could live with that until the next inevitable retcon.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    They are Romani. They were born in Serbia and later came to live in Transia. Wanda and Pietro are still twins.
    They didn't start off as twins though or weren't mentioned to be twins in the comics for years after they first appeared.

Extraordinary Member

Anything can happen, but the Quicksilver issue mentioned that they've had a rapport since birth, and the latest issue mentioned that the High Evolutionary took two babies, not one. It could be a red herring for separating Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch but it doesn't seem, at the moment, like that's where they're going.

Wanda said two issues ago that she has a psychic link with her brother and knew that he was coming to visit her. They are twins.

A cosplayer at NYCC:

CuLWvUCXYAE1Y9y.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-07-2016 at 09:23 AM.

We still don't know who their father is, it still could be Magneto for all we know

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    It's all wrong...she looks just like Madga and this movie agenda has screwed everything up. She ruled the world 11 years ago but now she's from Serbia? Yikes.
    For all we know looking like Magda was all part of the whole "You are a Mutant and Magneto's kid" story that was fabricated for some reason

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    We still don't know who their father is, it still could be Magneto for all we know
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it's to my understanding medically speaking, that twins born together could possibly have different fathers under certain circumstances. If I am correct, the twins could still be brother and sister, but have different fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it's to my understanding medically speaking, that twins born together could possibly have different fathers under certain circumstances. If I am correct, the twins could still be brother and sister, but have different fathers.
    True, but that would mean the mother would have to had sex with two guys very shortly after one another. It makes me wonder why they never bothered with a Parental test like Polaris did and just took the word of a talking Cow as Gospel instead.

They are Romani. They were born in Serbia and later came to live in Transia. Wanda and Pietro are still twins.
    I hadn't seen the scans from the book, when I made that statement. I'm still interested to know who the father was. it wasn't Magneto.

5JflWj.jpg

a cosplayer

Does writer Peter David not like Romani people:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/...mic-con-panel/

The second person up introduced himself as a Romani activist, and launched into what wasn’t so much a question as a long plea for writers to stop using the g-slur and for his people to get better representation. He ended by lobbing a super-softball “do you guys agree” question at the panel.
    At that point, before anyone else could speak, David glared at the man and said something along the lines of “do you really want to ask me that question.” The room went dead silent. He then launched into a diatribe about having been in Romania “for the movies” (not really sure what that meant) and seeing a child pulling “itself” along behind its mother because both of its legs were broken. His guide then told him that “g*****s do that to their own children to make people want to give them money” (paraphrasing). David concluded by telling the man (again, paraphrasing) “I saw those broken children, so don’t complain to me about the suffering of the Romani people”. When the man tried to respond from the back of the room, David shouted “I don’t care” over and over, eventually driving the man out of the room. People were fucking shocked. A lot of people in the audience were muttering “no dude” and “stop” while he was getting into it, and everyone was clearly uncomfortable, but the Q&A kept going for a few more minutes. As the panel ended and everyone was walking out, David leaned in to the microphone and apologized, saying that “the Romani situation is a very sensitive subject” to him.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that discussion really belongs in this thread, much like it didn't belong on that panel.

On a tangent, though, the "representation" issue always gets tricky for comic characters like the Maximoffs whose background is the subject of multiple retcons. After the Magneto retcon they were embraced by some fans as Jewish representation and Roma/Gypsy representation, which seems like a stretch especially in the first case.

But even in the latter case, I don't personally like that aspect of their background much because it's based on such a hodge podge of comic book Gypsy stereotypes, much like Doctor Doom, plus it made their backstory too close to other characters' backstories (like Nightcrawler's). On the other hand I do get that people looking for "representation" find it where we can and many fans have embraced that aspect of Doom or Wanda's background, stereotypical though it is.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

5JflWj.jpg

a cosplayer

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    For all we know looking like Magda was all part of the whole "You are a Mutant and Magneto's kid" story that was fabricated for some reason
    For all we know Natalia and Magda are the same person and Magneto could still be their father. What we've seen in this origin is that they are reconciling different aspects of the twins origin story. The Maximoffs turn out to be their aunt and uncle (not biological parents). Natalia is the mom and for years occasionally Wanda would say there was magic on her mother's side of the family. So now we'll need to see who they say is the father. Oh and this origin says the High Evolutionary didn't give them their powers, he was seeking infants with LATENT abilities (this basically says they are mutants again).