Page 504 of 818 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 12267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    2. Wanda was insane and not a skilled sorcerer so the spell probably wasn't even cast right
    This is false. Wanda trained for a while under Agatha's tutelage, even took on her own apprentice. Also used only magic pretty effectively during Infinity Gauntlet to bring back Eric Masterson to life after he was turned into shards of glass. She's a very capable sorcerer.

It's just for many years comics leaned on the science side of her powers, not the magic ones that gives that impression.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I still hope it's not Magneto, and if Wanda was a mutant, then she wouldn't have appeared in the movies of the Avengers (as FOX owns the rights of all mutants). Also according to Remender, the High Evolutionary experiments on the twins, altered them so everybody could believe they were mutants when they weren't, whic means they aren't mutants. And that it doesn't affect them at first doesn't mean that the mists will affect them later.

And in Axis, when the Scarlet Witch was evil, she casted a spell to hurt all her blood relatives and Magneto wasn't affected by it, so he is not the father.
    I hope it is Magneto. It was an unnecessary retcon. Stood for 30 years without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    I hope it is Magneto. It was an unnecessary retcon. Stood for 30 years without a problem.
    That magneto was the father of Pietro and Wanda was another retcon of a retcon, so to be honest I prefer what Remender did (plus it removes a heavy and unnecesary crap that Wanda could carry as the daughter of Magneto).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That magneto was the father of Pietro and Wanda was another retcon of a retcon, so to be honest I prefer what Remender did (plus it removes a heavy and unnecesary crap that Wanda could carry as the daughter of Magneto).
    I know Wanda's history, trust me. The other retcons before it didn't stick anywhere near as long. I don't prefer anything Remender wrote, so that's where we differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    I know Wanda's history, trust me. The other retcons before it didn't stick anywhere near as long. I don't prefer anything Remender wrote, so that's where we differ.
    I also don't like the steaming pile of crap that was Remender's story. And I Really don't care about anything Robinson writes regarding Wanda's history unless Remender's (but really editorial's) retcon ends up being undone at the end of it. Oh well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by herogirlinheels View Post
    Sweet! I've been hoping to get Chthon in the MCU. But I suppose he'll probably have a very different connection to Wanda since her origin is so different.
    I found it amazing that Feige's comments and the Agents of SHIELD episode came up in such close proximity. One of those exciting coincidences, I guess.

There may be a connection, a different one, but there could be a distinct one nonetheless. I hope so, as she and Vision both being powered by the Mind Gem diminishes both characters by making them seem like mere extensions of each other.

In Avengers we see The Other, who is usually Chthon's avatar/agent/spy in the comics. We see him with Loki, and in the end we see him tell Thanos, "To fight the humans is to court death." It's like he wants Thanos to attack Earth. The gem was in the scepter, but hidden, it's colour concealed. It's feasible Thanos did not know it was so close to him and The Other tricked him.

We see him telepathically communicate with Loki, where he also shows super speed. The Other thus exhibits similar abilities of Wanda and Pietro.

"You question us? You question HIM? He, who put the scepter in your hand, who gave you ancient knowledge and new purpose when you were cast out, defeated?"

The real kicker here is that The Other gave Loki the scepter, which just so happened to come into contact with Wanda. What an amazing coincidence.
    Long before that, the Stark bomb failed to explode, as Wanda and Pietro stared at it for two days. I find it hard to believe it was just luck, and note that Ultron thought it was odd as well. He was genuinely baffled as to how Wanda and Pietro survived such ridiculous odds. How did Wanda and Pietro survive? The most logical answer is that someone planned for them to survive. I mean, surviving the Hydra experiments when no one else did raises the question of how the hell did Wanda and Pietro survive?
    From a story perspective, you cannot have Wanda become the potential saviour of the universe (Joe Russo) by being a random science experiment, it just won't feel earned.

And here's a thematic connection:
    "I can show you your greatest fear."
    "I can't control their fear, only my own."

"Fear Chthon before all others."

Wanda is afraid of her powers...but why would you be afraid of a very mechanical, easy to understand power like telekinesis? It's one of the least scary powers a human could have.
    Is she afraid of what's on the other side of the dimensional opening (see Feige) she is drawing from?
    Wanda's telekinesis and telepathy are merely augmentations resulting from the mind gem, she uses them because she has not figured out how to use her full capabilities, and, given Feige's comments, we can discern she has a second set of latent powers which involve the pulling of dimensional energies, which Feige said,"let's use the word chaotic", a sly choice of word that I doubt he would accidentally use.

In the comics, Wanda has two sets of powers:
    Mutant powers
    Chaos Magic

In the MCU, it may go like this:
    Mind Gem derived powers
    Chaos Magic

Furthermore, Vision has the mind gem in his head. Vision says "Power invites challenge"; and he will certainly draw Thanos into Wanda's orbit. So, my thinking goes, Chthon wants Thanos to come to Earth and fight Wanda. Why? So she draws upon more and more of his power, becoming more and more corrupted by him as she fights Thanos, with Vision's "death" being the point where Chthon seeks to make Wanda, in her anguish, set off a Chaos Wave, destroying Thanos and the infinity stones, plunging the universe into Chaos.
    Chthon's agenda is to turn Wanda into a weapon by raising her to Godhood, then corrupting her.
    But Wanda's arc is about leaving humanity and the battle for agency over her destiny.
    So, at the end of Infinity War, she defies Chthon by retaining her humanity and using her power instead to save Vision by maintaining his consciousness in the Infinity Gauntlet.

So, that's my crazy theory. I just think there's too much thematic and circumstantial evidence to dismiss Chthon out of hand.

Two positive reviews of Scarlet Witch #11:

The Marvel Report:
    http://themarvelreport.com/2016/10/r...y-to-the-past/

Comicosity: 10/10
    http://www.comicosity.com/review-scarlet-witch-11/

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I found it amazing that Feige's comments and the Agents of SHIELD episode came up in such close proximity. One of those exciting coincidences, I guess.

There may be a connection, a different one, but there could be a distinct one nonetheless. I hope so, as she and Vision both being powered by the Mind Gem diminishes both characters by making them seem like mere extensions of each other.

In Avengers we see The Other, who is usually Chthon's avatar/agent/spy in the comics. We see him with Loki, and in the end we see him tell Thanos, "To fight the humans is to court death." It's like he wants Thanos to attack Earth. The gem was in the scepter, but hidden, it's colour concealed. It's feasible Thanos did not know it was so close to him and The Other tricked him.

We see him telepathically communicate with Loki, where he also shows super speed. The Other thus exhibits similar abilities of Wanda and Pietro.

"You question us? You question HIM? He, who put the scepter in your hand, who gave you ancient knowledge and new purpose when you were cast out, defeated?"

The real kicker here is that The Other gave Loki the scepter, which just so happened to come into contact with Wanda. What an amazing coincidence.
    Long before that, the Stark bomb failed to explode, as Wanda and Pietro stared at it for two days. I find it hard to believe it was just luck, and note that Ultron thought it was odd as well. He was genuinely baffled as to how Wanda and Pietro survived such ridiculous odds. How did Wanda and Pietro survive? The most logical answer is that someone planned for them to survive. I mean, surviving the Hydra experiments when no one else did raises the question of how the hell did Wanda and Pietro survive?
    From a story perspective, you cannot have Wanda become the potential saviour of the universe (Joe Russo) by being a random science experiment, it just won't feel earned.

And here's a thematic connection:
    "I can show you your greatest fear."
    "I can't control their fear, only my own."

"Fear Chthon before all others."

Wanda is afraid of her powers...but why would you be afraid of a very mechanical, easy to understand power like telekinesis? It's one of the least scary powers a human could have.
    Is she afraid of what's on the other side of the dimensional opening (see Feige) she is drawing from?
    Wanda's telekinesis and telepathy are merely augmentations resulting from the mind gem, she uses them because she has not figured out how to use her full capabilities, and, given Feige's comments, we can discern she has a second set of latent powers which involve the pulling of dimensional energies, which Feige said,"let's use the word chaotic", a sly choice of word that I doubt he would accidentally use.

In the comics, Wanda has two sets of powers:
    Mutant powers
    Chaos Magic

In the MCU, it may go like this:
    Mind Gem derived powers
    Chaos Magic

Furthermore, Vision has the mind gem in his head. Vision says "Power invites challenge"; and he will certainly draw Thanos into Wanda's orbit. So, my thinking goes, Chthon wants Thanos to come to Earth and fight Wanda. Why? So she draws upon more and more of his power, becoming more and more corrupted by him as she fights Thanos, with Vision's "death" being the point where Chthon seeks to make Wanda, in her anguish, set off a Chaos Wave, destroying Thanos and the infinity stones, plunging the universe into Chaos.
    Chthon's agenda is to turn Wanda into a weapon by raising her to Godhood, then corrupting her.
    But Wanda's arc is about leaving humanity and the battle for agency over her destiny.
    So, at the end of Infinity War, she defies Chthon by retaining her humanity and using her power instead to save Vision by maintaining his consciousness in the Infinity Gauntlet.

So, that's my crazy theory. I just think there's too much thematic and circumstantial evidence to dismiss Chthon out of hand.
    I love this theory! I absolutely agree with you on how it seems almost too convenient that the twins just happened to the only survivors of the experiments. They made a point of how they were the only ones that made it, but a clear explanation was never really given. I just think it would be a great reveal if it turned out that they'd had that connection to Chthon the whole time.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Robinson’s Scarlet Witch Redefines Wanda’s Marvel Universe Role

Since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby introduced the Scarlet Witch (AKA Wanda Maximoff) back in 1964’s “X-Men” #4 she’s played a number of roles including hero, villain, Avenger, wife, sister, and even movie star in two of Marvel Studios’ recent films, but one thing she hasn’t often been is the star of her own story. For years the Witch’s most prominent adventures have involved her relationships to other characters including her former husband the Vision; her brother Quicksilver; Magneto, the man she believed was her father for many years; her former lover, Simon Williams; and her teammates in the Avengers.

That all started to change late last year when writer James Robinson kicked off the first ongoing “Scarlet Witch” series, which features a different artist every issue. Robinson and his collaborators proceeded to send their protagonist on a globe hopping mission to investigate the mystery of what’s gone wrong with witchcraft in the Marvel Universe, and while she’s been doing that she’s also begun to discover where she came from and her larger place in the occult corner of the Marvel Universe.

CBR News spoke with Robinson about his mission statement for the “Scarlet Witch,” his decision to do the book as an accessible series of done-in-one stories that feed into a larger plot, and the coming payoff to Wanda’s investigation of her roots.

More on the interview here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Robinson’s Scarlet Witch Redefines Wanda’s Marvel Universe Role

http://www.cbr.com/robinsons-scarlet...universe-role/

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

A pretty good interview, it is strange that Robinson calls Wanda's past the 'B' plot when he has focused more on that, that the whole Witchcraft is broken plot

How did this book come about?

James Robinson: This book really came about because I stood up at a Marvel summit and pitched to do a Wanda book. This initially wasn’t part of Marvel’s game plan. It was me pointing out that she was in the Avengers movies and everything else, and I really believed people might respond to a Wanda solo book at this time.

How does Robinson interpret her powers?

That’s the other thing I’ve been trying to do with the book. Wanda’s powers have changed and evolved over the years. There was chaos magic, Agatha Harkness was brought in, and now they’re based in actual witchcraft as opposed to this sort of mutant ability to zap people, which is kind of what they were when she was in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and her early days with the Avengers.
    So I wanted to give her this piece of the occult universe and at some point if another writer decides to do more with her it’s kind of set up that this is who she is. That was my intention and I think I’ve been at least moderately successful in accomplishing that.

Future artists?

For issue #11 Leila Del Duca is doing pencils and inks, and Felipe Sobreiro is on colors. #12 features pencils and inks by Annapaola Martello and colors by Matt Yackey. Jonathan Marks is doing the pencils and inks for issue #13, and Rachelle Rosenberg is on colors. And the art team for #14 is Shawn Crystal on pencils and inks and Chris Brunner on colors

How long will the series continue?

The end of the big story is in sight, and then I have a little more to tell after that. So be on the lookout for the return of one of the artists who’s worked on the book in the past.

If an artist is returning for a future issue, then that means that there will be issues beyond #14. Issues #11-14 will wrap up the B plot, and then future issues will wrap up the A plot? I would love there to be issues #15-19 so we can get a fourth trade.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-11-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Future artists?

That’s the other thing I’ve been trying to do with the book. Wanda’s powers have changed and evolved over the years. There was chaos magic, Agatha Harkness was brought in, and now they’re based in actual witchcraft as opposed to this sort of mutant ability to zap people, which is kind of what they were when she was in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and her early days with the Avengers.
    So I wanted to give her this piece of the occult universe and at some point if another writer decides to do more with her it’s kind of set up that this is who she is. That was my intention and I think I’ve been at least moderately successful in accomplishing that.
    Just one issue by Aja, please!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

A Tumblr image by Jeff Dekal

tumblr_oeujrqWwAl1tvfc2ho1_540.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    A pretty good interview, it is strange that Robinson calls Wanda's past the 'B' plot when he has focused more on that, that the whole Witchcraft is broken plot
    Yeah that really doesn't seem right to me. The "witchcraft is broken" plot has gone nowhere for a while now.

I do appreciate that he's trying to define her powers, but acknowledging that this was an ability she was born with before it doesn't make sense when that bit is not reconciled with the witchcraft powers and is ignored.