Page 506 of 818 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 12267
    BANNED

Considering that they are now fully Romani and there's very few Romani characters, it doesn't hurt that someone out there portrays them as darker skin. Especially since darker skin Romani have no rep in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Cause the straps don't really make much difference on the overall look, the artist probably just forgot about them or something.
    It does seem to be an oversight. Which isn't really unusual for Marvel, considering things have been misspelled and even had word balloons jumbled and editorial didn't catch it. It's noticeable for anyone who's familiar with the character though. I'd consider it something small if it were only on a cover, but why didn't anyone catch it considering it's also in the inside panels? Someone is asleep at the wheel.

The colorist for the last SW preview also screwed up the sleeves on Wanda's costume. Art mistakes happen. I don't think Wanda's strapless outfit was a mistake, though, but probably just artist preference.

BANNED

With the cost of comics today, you'd think there'd be some concern for QA on part of the editors. And they have more editors than they use to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    With the cost of comics today, you'd think there'd be some concern for QA on part of the editors. And they have more editors than they use to have.
    Given the stuff Bendis writes a lot of the time, it sometimes seems that there is no QA at Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given the stuff Bendis writes a lot of the time, it sometimes seems that there is no QA at Marvel
    Lol, that's very true!

Direct sales figures for the two titles in which Wanda appeared last month:
    http://www.cbr.com/comic-sales-dip-i...tting-numbers/

The Vision #11- 20,142
    Scarlet Witch #10- 15,388

Scarlet Witch was in 139th place. It beat such titles as Mockingbird, Squirrel Girl, Nova, Hellcat, and Agents of SHIELD.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is that number for issue #10 down from #9 and if so by much?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Sales for issue 9 were 17,000. It was a down month for most titles.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bummer. I'm guessing SW #14 is going to be the end. It'll probably be at 12K by then unless something changes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Sorry I have been off for over the last week fellow Wanda Fans, been healing a shore-neck for awhile, but gotten better finally thanks to doctor help, glad to be better again!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Bummer. I'm guessing SW #14 is going to be the end. It'll probably be at 12K by then unless something changes.
    While I understand you concern Captain Craig over the # of issues sold, honestly I give you some hope to that really it should not matter the most at all really. I really have come to not care anymore HOW much a book sells in #'s each month, a book may sell well but be totally not good at all which means in the longer-term it has really not much hope in being remembered by fanbases and looked upon as quality in the classic story sense. We have become to easy to believe good sales of a book mean a good book, but sometimes we forget their are baked-in fanbase that will buy any book that has a certain name on it no matter HOW it is. Also, event books always sell well but usually are not regarded well for the long-run, not all of them, Secret Wars II as an example of a good one, but really most of them.

What I and I believe we ALL should care more about is if the book is delivering the quality we wanted out of it and if so then it will last the test of time and that is what REALLY MATTERS!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Sorry I have been off for over the last week fellow Wanda Fans, been healing a shore-neck for awhile, but gotten better finally thanks to doctor help, glad to be better again!

While I understand you concern Captain Craig over the # of issues sold, honestly I give you some hope to that really it should not matter the most at all really. I really have come to not care anymore HOW much a book sells in #'s each month, a book may sell well but be totally not good at all which means in the longer-term it has really not much hope in being remembered by fanbases and looked upon as quality in the classic story sense. We have become to easy to believe good sales of a book mean a good book, but sometimes we forget their are baked-in fanbase that will buy any book that has a certain name on it no matter HOW it is. Also, event books always sell well but usually are not regarded well for the long-run, not all of them, Secret Wars II as an example of a good one, but really most of them.

What I and I believe we ALL should care more about is if the book is delivering the quality we wanted out of it and if so then it will last the test of time and that is what REALLY MATTERS!
    Indeed, if Wanda's book does can cancelled we should be grateful to James Robinson for giving us this book in the first place. My hope is that if this does get cancelled Wanda will appear in another book and not be shoved into marvel Limbo

Heyo, I've been following this thread for a few months now but have never made a post until now. I just wanted to ask what you guys think will happen with how whenever Wanda casts a spell it ages her, Do you think this problem will become resolved by something? Personally I think it will get resolved due to her growing success/more people learning and getting interested in the character from the MCU and she'll then hopefully have a main roll in another series. (Hoping she gets on a team w/ Lorna, I'd love to see more interaction between those two)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Heyo, I've been following this thread for a few months now but have never made a post until now. I just wanted to ask what you guys think will happen with how whenever Wanda casts a spell it ages her, Do you think this problem will become resolved by something? Personally I think it will get resolved due to her growing success/more people learning and getting interested in the character from the MCU and she'll then hopefully have a main roll in another series. (Hoping she gets on a team w/ Lorna, I'd love to see more interaction between those two)
    She's gonna spend some time as Old Woman Wanda, then the cosmic cube makes her young again and she comes back as Scarlet Witch, but as a Brotherhood member thanks to Magneto planning everything to make her evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I think that when she heals whatever is breaking witchcraft then her soul will stop aging.