Page 51 of 818 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    I loved Vision and Wanda together. I have always hated when Simon and Wanda are put together since Byrne tried it. This scene alone turned me off the book.
    It's strange. I supported the Simon/Wanda idea during Byrne's run as I thought it made for an interesting short-term storyline. Much like his changes to Wanda in general, I anticipated that Byrne would eventually set things right. Then he left prematurely.

I supported the Wanda/Simon relationship during Busiek's run because it brought Simon back from the dead and created some interesting tension between him and Vision. Plus Busiek was doing such wonderful work restoring Wanda to her former glory that I was happy to accept this change for a while. Even so, I could see that the relationship wouldn't last and I imagined that Busiek would eventually get Wanda and Vizh back together. Then Busiek was gone, although he did bring the Wanda/Simon relationship to its inevitable conclusion.

Johns seemed to be heading in the right direction and I was excited to see Wanda and Vision coming together again. Then he left and it's been downhill ever since.

I've argued in the old threads in favour of Wanda/Cap and even the return of Wanda/Simon, but then Marvel releases something like the collected editions of Absolute Vision, the Vision and the Scarlet Witch miniseries or the Serpent Crown Saga and I remember why Vision and Wanda are Marvel's greatest couple. I've given up on my old arguments and want to see them together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Will Wanda become an Inhuman in a Marvel reboot?
    http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...ding-wolverine
    I don't put too much stock in this one, but even if it is true I can't see it changing Wanda's character too substantially. Most of the traits that make Wanda who she is will still be present even if Marvel wants Inhumans to be the persecuted minority rather than mutants.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    It's strange. I supported the Simon/Wanda idea during Byrne's run as I thought it made for an interesting short-term storyline. Much like his changes to Wanda in general, I anticipated that Byrne would eventually set things right. Then he left prematurely.

I supported the Wanda/Simon relationship during Busiek's run because it brought Simon back from the dead and created some interesting tension between him and Vision. Plus Busiek was doing such wonderful work restoring Wanda to her former glory that I was happy to accept this change for a while. Even so, I could see that the relationship wouldn't last and I imagined that Busiek would eventually get Wanda and Vizh back together. Then Busiek was gone, although he did bring the Wanda/Simon relationship to its inevitable conclusion.

Johns seemed to be heading in the right direction and I was excited to see Wanda and Vision coming together again. Then he left and it's been downhill ever since.

I've argued in the old threads in favour of Wanda/Cap and even the return of Wanda/Simon, but then Marvel releases something like the collected editions of Absolute Vision, the Vision and the Scarlet Witch miniseries or the Serpent Crown Saga and I remember why Vision and Wanda are Marvel's greatest couple. I've given up on my old arguments and want to see them together again.
    Indeed well said Post Babylon23!

Indeed, when I say I am not a fan much right now of Simon/Wanda is that it just seem to come on way to fast. If RR had done a slow build-up and given some reasons why they started to cool off towards one another, it be more acceptable to a degree and only short lived, short of like how it was back in Busiek's run which was indeed well put on emotions with Simon coming back.

But even then I rather it not last long and have Wanda/Vision cause really it is about time and their relationship IMO really never ended, it was forced apart IMO, so really I still greatly feel their is love their, just held back cause of events out of their control.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fantastic Cover
    Thanks CjStriker
    Stanford Greene working on Uncanny Avengers 23
    Ooof. Mama looks TIRED.
    But that don't stop her, no way no how. Werk them dials and doodads, gurl. Your hair is still full bodied fierceness.

BANNED

No offense to any fans of Vision, but I've always hated that relationship. I ship Simon and Wanda because they're both among my favorite characters and they make a great couple <3

fermiumice

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    fermiumice
    That is indeed a Well Done Piece, Like the darker inking style, but indeed has a sense of sadness to it as well, much so, but still well done.

Thanks as Always Juan678!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Wow, that's a fantastic piece shown above that Juan posted. So much detail! Very talented artist!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Nice image shown by Juan.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post

I really had put it to he back of my mind for the longest time. Niether of them were in the comics, so I guess I just didn't think about it.

It was the 'Hulk Smash' mini that came out just after the Avengers film that brought it all rushing back. There was a single page in one of them, with Vision saying goodbye to Wanda as she and Pietro were off to see Django (it was a flashback).

I just suddenly had such warm fuzzies that I poured over thier entire relationship, all over again. I dug out and re-read all of those classic stories. I bought up any stories my collection was missing. It was nice to be reminded of such a fantastic story in the Avengers canon!

As it stands, of course I want to see them together again. But if she's determined to be with Simon (as, perhaps she should be right now...given that Vision has been a total dick to her?), I'm going to stop whinging about it. Or, at least try to, hahaha.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I really had put it to he back of my mind for the longest time. Niether of them were in the comics, so I guess I just didn't think about it.

It was the 'Hulk Smash' mini that came out just after the Avengers film that brought it all rushing back. There was a single page in one of them, with Vision saying goodbye to Wanda as she and Pietro were off to see Django (it was a flashback).

I just suddenly had such warm fuzzies that I poured over thier entire relationship, all over again. I dug out and re-read all of those classic stories. I bought up any stories my collection was missing. It was nice to be reminded of such a fantastic story in the Avengers canon!

As it stands, of course I want to see them together again. But if she's determined to be with Simon (as, perhaps she should be right now...given that Vision has been a total dick to her?), I'm going to stop whinging about it. Or, at least try to, hahaha.
    Indeed well said post bro!

I think at some point Wanda/Vision will get back together indeed as well, I keep feeling we are building up to something like that down the line and with Vision getting push in the Marvel Movies it looks like, then I hope a push for him comes soon and with that a story arc to get the couple back together.

NOW, I want it to be done right and under a good writers pen, it should have a good build up towards the story and allot of fleshing out of both characters and it involving their kids in some way as well too. It be like the final circle of the story coming to the end that started back in West Coast. I want it to be a story to gives weight to what the fans have been waiting for indeed.

But until then, the Wanda/Simon, my only thing with it was that I felt it was push to fast based on events that involved near death. If it had been fleshed out more, given more good build-up, yea I could have seen it convince me to happen. But besides that, I am willing to let it go at this point, this is kind of how RR does his stories and at this point I am used to it. Also, RR is maybe the 1st writer in sometime that Generally respects and likes Simon, he really gave a positive opinion on him over a year ago, same as with Wasp. So if this had to happen under any writer, the relationship, he might have been the best to do it since he has this respect for the character not seen in sometime.

I've connected enough dots in my 'head canon' that it makes sense to me for now, she and Simon. I don't have to like it, but then I'm not Wanda. She seems happy, so power to her, I guess.

*grumblegrumble*

Lightbulb

I've connected enough dots in my 'head canon' that it makes sense to me for now, she and Simon. I don't have to like it, but then I'm not Wanda. She seems happy, so power to her, I guess.

*grumblegrumble*
    Indeed, as of this point I did allot of that myself, most of it to get to the end of the battle between Wanda and Rogue, which I am Grateful for LOL, that has been a long road, but I get it better now indeed. I trust RR, he has long term plans for things and he lays them out like blocks issue by issue and you don't see the full meaning of his work until many issues come out, with backtracking as well. This is why it would be better for the book to be 2 times a month. ;-)

But indeed I'm glad you found meaning in it bro, for me I will keep backtracking and putting more together myself to to end my issues with the jumps, but the meaning I think I get am getting a better understanding now. So long as he shows respect to them, that is RR, I trust him to do the job that I can't fully see yet and really that is what makes it interesting.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-27-2014 at 09:41 PM.

*grumblegrumble*
    At least Wanda has relationships. Quicksilver seems like he never had "any" after Crystal.... no wonder he is always in a bad mood poor guy lol
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGirl View Post
    At least Wanda has relationships. Quicksilver seems like he never had "any" after Crystal.... no wonder he is always in a bad mood poor guy lol
    He doesn't need a 'relationship' so long as he has a mirror handy.