Page 554 of 818 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 12267

What. A. Gorgeous. Wanda.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Started Scarlet Witch last night.

Very underwhelming first issue by James Robinson. Hope it gets better. Not a fan of this witch-hunt stuff...I was actually hoping for more "House of M" type of reality-shifting tone....but I'll see if it gets better

While I'd be happy if the retcon were undone (more for the "they're not mutants" nonsense than their relationship to Magneto) I get the impression Brevoort actually likes it, or at least he went to great lengths to defend it when he was still answering Tumblr questions. He also pissed off Polaris fans by saying he doesn't like the idea of treating Lorna and Wanda as sisters.
    Let's just say my view that it's good politics when relations with Fox is bad to support the retcon. When the relations improve between Fox and Marvel let's see what happens.

As for Lorna... some fans had an issue because he argued for many years she shouldn't be Magneto's daughter. This was when he was pushing hard Wanda/Pietro/Magneto in things like Children's Crusade and AvX.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-24-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    So I'm watching Wolverine and the X men again...Ep 10...Welcome to Genosha..which of course starts the affair with Wanda and Kurt. At the end, when he tries to get from Genosha to NY using his powers to warn the X men..the way Wanda looks..it just SUCKS that she isn't Magda's daughter anymore. What a horrible retcon. One of the top 5 worst of the last 20 years.
    Natalya is an actual character, though. The only one of Wanda's mothers to have actual
    characterization.
    Magda, sadly, was never anything more than a plot device. Magneto pumped and dumped her.

I think Wanda is better off not being Magneto's daughter. I like the current mystical version of the character. I want the Scarlet Witch who is an Avenger and is an associate of Doctor Strange.

While at first I hated the whole Wanda not being Magneto's daughter retcon, now I actually prefer them not being (confirmed as being) related. The main problem with the whole Wanda/Eric daddy thing was that is was never really used in any major way. More often it was thrown in now and again just to remind us, but it really had very little impact on Wanda (apart from the bullocks about my dad's evil therefore I will go evil excuse). As for Lorna and Wanda not being sisters again it was hardly used, in fact apart for Peter David, All new X-Factor story, I don't even remember them actually hanging out or even doing anything together.

Of course for all we now Magneto is still their dad...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Wanda is better off not being Magneto's daughter. I like the current mystical version of the character. I want the Scarlet Witch who is an Avenger and is an associate of Doctor Strange.
    I agree with this. I feel like for once she can have a heritage that she's proud of and that honors her mystical/gypsy side. I loved James Robinson's take on the character and it would feel unnecessary to re-retcon everything again. I hope they leave her at that. Wanda needs a break from all this retcon craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    While at first I hated the whole Wanda not being Magneto's daughter retcon, now I actually prefer them not being (confirmed as being) related. The main problem with the whole Wanda/Eric daddy thing was that is was never really used in any major way. More often it was thrown in now and again just to remind us, but it really had very little impact on Wanda (apart from the bullocks about my dad's evil therefore I will go evil excuse). As for Lorna and Wanda not being sisters again it was hardly used, in fact apart for Peter David, All new X-Factor story, I don't even remember them actually hanging out or even doing anything together.

Of course for all we now Magneto is still their dad...
    The problem with Magneto still being her father, though, is that it opens a whole new can of worms: that means he killed Natalya, as stated on Scarlet Witch #14. Now why on Earth would he have done that? How on Earth could they possibly explain this without tainting his relationship with Wanda and Pietro even more? Unless, of course, they decided to retcon that as well, which would just continue the vicious cycles of retcons...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If Wanda does get a "second season" in order to answer some of the questions that still remain unanswered, I think a crossover with DR. STRANGE is a must, maybe even a three way one with whatever Avengers book she ends up in!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I agree with this. I feel like for once she can have a heritage that she's proud of and that honors her mystical/gypsy side. I loved James Robinson's take on the character and it would feel unnecessary to re-retcon everything again. I hope they leave her at that. Wanda needs a break from all this retcon craziness.

The problem with Magneto still being her father, though, is that it opens a whole new can of worms: that means he killed Natalya, as stated on Scarlet Witch #14. Now why on Earth would he have done that? How on Earth could they possibly explain this without tainting his relationship with Wanda and Pietro even more? Unless, of course, they decided to retcon that as well, which would just continue the vicious cycles of retcons...
    The irony here is that they could still explore her relationship with Magneto, but in a different, less soap opera-y, more subtle context, in terms of their actual history rather than their lineage.

There is no rule saying characters can only interact so long as they are related, after all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    As if Magneto had anything to do with the decision to use Wanda in Avengers Disassembled or to Decimate the mutant race. Sorry, but that was all the Avengers titles under Bendis deciding she wasn't needed and to use her to create the new status quo for the Marvel line.

As for her mystical direction it could have happened without the retcon and has happened in the past with her more then once as a mutant as well as a magic wielder.

She was going to get a big push anyway for simply being in the films. The retcon added nothing and will be undone in time of that I am certain. In the meanwhile it's limiting Wanda's storyline potential big time to magic wielder. I don't expect you to want to bite the hand that feeds you, just realize I don't think Marvel itself is fully on board with the retcon and isn't just treading water with it waiting for relations to thaw enough with Fox to re-evaluate large parts of it.
    Magneto was used as a plot-device to push Wanda off the edge and make her hate mutants by killing his son. And her later encounter with mutants from both sides are just a series of hatred that never get solved.
    I said it's pointless, but I will be fine with it as long as Chthon is still part her origin(her new dad being a Chthon worshipper). Also I have a theory that Wanda somehow recarnated herself and Pietro at the end of HOM.Like Billy and Tommy who have different biological parents but still have the souls of Wanda's lost sons.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-24-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The irony here is that they could still explore her relationship with Magneto, but in a different, less soap opera-y, more subtle context, in terms of their actual history rather than their lineage.

There is no rule saying characters can only interact so long as they are related, after all.
    but that is kind of the rule since Magneto isn't her father because of movie rights. they didn't do it to help Wanda.

I'm going to laugh if we finally get Wanda in a animation again with the rumored new X-Men cartoon, and she's once again Magneto's daughter .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm going to laugh if we finally get Wanda in a animation again with the rumored new X-Men cartoon, and she's once again Magneto's daughter .
    If/when it's approved the relationship between Marvel and Fox will be such yes I doubt the retcon would last long.

The last one was produced a decade ago now and aired starting in 2008. The scripts for season two that I read were amazing and most fans will never know how much they missed out on.

But, the relationship between Fox and Marvel went further downhill and the show got the ax over it. The Axis retcon two years ago now came at an absolute low point in Marvel/Fox relations.

I would not be at all surprised if a new animated series gets green lite that the retcon comes down... if not well good luck getting Marvel to allow the Avengers toons to use her given IP protection would still be up.

The Fox/Marvel conflict has not been helping Wanda, much the opposite.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-24-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would too. The way TPTB at Marvel treat the Maximoff twins is rough. They are eXcluded from all recent Avengers shows (Assemble, Earth's Mightiest Heroes), they miss nearly all the recent big events (IvX, CW II only appeared in a tie-in for SW, Secret Wars, Time Runs Out, each of the 3 Avengers titles under Hickman, Original Sin, Fear Itself); although they did make it into AXIS and AvX, and finally their parental status keeps being changed. Altered during AXIS, altered again for Uncanny Avengers vol 2, altered a 3rd time during Wanda's ANAD different title. Pietro and Wanda have had 3 different moms in 2 almost 3 years now. Hahaha. I wager anything they'll get a new mom sometime this year as well.

And all for what? The twins weren't big draws before the retcons or before their debut in the MCU. What was the point of all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I would too. The way TPTB at Marvel treat the Maximoff twins is rough. They are eXcluded from all recent Avengers shows (Assemble, Earth's Mightiest Heroes), they miss nearly all the recent big events (IvX, CW II only appeared in a tie-in for SW, Secret Wars, Time Runs Out, each of the 3 Avengers titles under Hickman, Original Sin, Fear Itself); although they did make it into AXIS and AvX, and finally their parental status keeps being changed. Altered during AXIS, altered again for Uncanny Avengers vol 2, altered a 3rd time during Wanda's ANAD different title. Pietro and Wanda have had 3 different moms in 2 almost 3 years now. Hahaha. I wager anything they'll get a new mom sometime this year as well.

And all for what? The twins weren't big draws before the retcons or before their debut in the MCU. What was the point of all this?
    Besides they still ban them from games(and animations as you said). I honestly understand(but disagree, of course) why they would do that to Pietro who's dead on MCU and on Fox movies, but with Wanda is just makes no sense.