Page 718 of 818 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 12267

A cup with Scarlet Witch on it!
    qsupzx9rfif01.jpg

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Can you find this book on Amazon or any other online seller? I would like to read it.
    Huh, that was a tough one, but I think that is it:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-scarlet-witch
    But it is also listed as issue 36 instead of 27:*

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scarlet-Wit.../dp/B00X7Z2ZSU

For comparison, that must be the (German) book that I've bought:

https://www.amazon.de/Die-Marvel-Sup.../dp/B0792XJM9F

Extraordinary Member

That book is part of a series of Marvel collections that Hachette put out overseas - they do an "Official Marvel Graphic Novel" collection with famous story arcs, and the Scarlet Witch one is part of their character-specific "Marvel's Mightiest Heroes" series. Most of the stuff is available elsewhere but the Wonder Man one includes the Wonder Man/Beast mini Roger Stern did in 2000.

In answer to the question: yes, Wanda acts like that pretty much through the whole Byrne West Coast Avengers arc, and in fact gets worse after the last issue in that collection. It's strongly implied, and later said outright, that spoilers:
    her behavior is the result of Immortus's plan to manipulate her and drive her mad,
    end of spoilers but Byrne left the book before he could wrap the story up himself.

That whole arc, of course, inspired most of the portrayal of Wanda in Avengers Disassembled, which was a callback to the Byrne story not only in plot but in the suggestion that Wanda's "probability" power might actually be control over all of reality.

After Byrne left and Roy Thomas took over, Wanda's portrayal became more what it usually is, though Thomas was never particularly great at writing her. She was just kind of there but she lasted until the book was canceled and replaced by Force Works.

qsupzx9rfif01.jpg
    Cool glass!

Elizabeth Olsen is getting a TV show on Facebook:
    https://www.avclub.com/elizabeth-ols...ook-1822911438

Astonishing Member

A interestin look at the Sixth Choice for Marvel.Com's TOP TEN BREAK-UPS........

http://news.marvel.com/comics/84446/top-10-break-ups

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That book is part of a series of Marvel collections that Hachette put out overseas - they do an "Official Marvel Graphic Novel" collection with famous story arcs, and the Scarlet Witch one is part of their character-specific "Marvel's Mightiest Heroes" series. Most of the stuff is available elsewhere but the Wonder Man one includes the Wonder Man/Beast mini Roger Stern did in 2000.

In answer to the question: yes, Wanda acts like that pretty much through the whole Byrne West Coast Avengers arc, and in fact gets worse after the last issue in that collection. It's strongly implied, and later said outright, that spoilers:
    her behavior is the result of Immortus's plan to manipulate her and drive her mad,
    end of spoilers but Byrne left the book before he could wrap the story up himself.

That whole arc, of course, inspired most of the portrayal of Wanda in Avengers Disassembled, which was a callback to the Byrne story not only in plot but in the suggestion that Wanda's "probability" power might actually be control over all of reality.

After Byrne left and Roy Thomas took over, Wanda's portrayal became more what it usually is, though Thomas was never particularly great at writing her. She was just kind of there but she lasted until the book was canceled and replaced by Force Works.

Thank you very much for explaining. Ironically, now I remember that what you wrote in the spoiler tag I once read in a summery (on Marvel Wiki or something). I didn't remember in which timeframe it is and I had no idea that its that long lasting. With that knowledge, I'll just bite through, especially since I've already reached West Coast, only that she is now in the second "Wanda and Vision" miniseries, which I like so far. I'm a bit excited about "Force Works", don't know what to expect.

Elizabeth Olsen is getting a TV show on Facebook:
    https://www.avclub.com/elizabeth-ols...ook-1822911438
    Hmm, with Marvel Future Fight, Wanda already "forced" me to create a Google account, now the actress who portrays her might do the same regarding Facebook . Thrilling news anyway

In addition to Avengers, Wanda appeared in a single panel of Today’s Doctor Strange, she died in a flashback in Old Man Hawkeye 2, and she was in a flashback Infinity Countdown 1

Amazing Member

qsupzx9rfif01.jpg
    Where did you find/get this?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I Posted this Cover in another Thread, Honestly I Simply just Love This Cover and How Many Covers do we have both Ben Grimm and Wanda Together?!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I Posted this Cover in another Thread, Honestly I Simply just Love This Cover and How Many Covers do we have both Ben Grimm and Wanda Together?!

Love the font being used here.
    And I just generally like Serpent Crown and other Elder God-related stuff.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Love the font being used here.
    And I just generally like Serpent Crown and other Elder God-related stuff.
    Indeed MaximoffTrash, that is what I always Loved about the Classic Marvel-Two-In-Ones, that with every character guess staring they would give them their own unique font that fit perfectly with their character and persona. Wanda's here is Feels like a classic script like from the 18th century that works with her European Roots and Wiccan background. Also add in red, that is a must!

I really like to how they are using the Serpent's Crown here to great visual power and scary effect, its a Very Dynamic use of the crown!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Yes, I agree with what you said, CJ. That issue was very good for Wanda. The art was excellent. At that time, Wanda had the 2 curls of hair coming out of her tiara and sometimes one on the top of it. Wanda also had her "old time" hex power, which I love.

Taika Waititi Hilariously Pitches A Vision & Scarlet Witch Rom-Com
    https://screenrant.com/taika-waititi...mantic-comedy/

Avengers 681 preview