Page 807 of 818 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not that I'd be terribly upset if it happened (though I don't expect it to) but I think I would personally prefer it if they didn't bring up the Chthon stuff in the MCU. Or at least introduced him as someone for Strange and/or other magic characters to fight, rather than a part of Wanda's origin story.

That's personal taste because I usually prefer simple origin stories. Chthon/The Other was introduced into Wanda's backstory in the comics because they were trying to fuse together all the complicated continuity around Wanda and Pietro's parentage, and then Busiek ran with this and used it to explain Wanda's power source (though most writers since then have simply ignored this; I think only Remender brought up the idea that she was drawing on demonic chaos magic; most other writers say "chaos magic" isn't a thing). The MCU explanation - they are the children of random dead people and got their powers from a stone - works for me because it's simple.

Yes, it makes no sense that the Mind Stone bestowed powers like super speed, and I actually like the headcanon that they were already mutants and the stone simply unlocked their powers; but I want to see MCU Wanda go forward, instead of more stories about her origin, because that gets her stuck. Look how the last third of her ongoing kind of got bogged down in explaining her new origin and new mother.
    I would be fine if Chthon is just a later installment than being conneted to her origin, like a generic bad guy invading/reclaiming Earth.
    But I think Wanda still should be the one to fight him head on, if they are ever going to use him why give a the prominence of defeating an Elder God to someone else.
    If not adding something to her backstory, at least functions as her punching bag for cool actions(that is mostly Modred's part, best sucker punches ever.), which he didn't really do in comics but I wish he did.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-27-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly stones and artifacts without an actual sentient mind is kinda boring.
    In what way? Immense power in inanimate objects is pretty old as a trope. Imbuing them with characterization is only slightly newer.

My idea had more to do with an exploration of what Hydra did, by examining what happened. Firstly: How was Wanda able to shatter a fundamental element of the universe? And then work backward.

Shouldn't Pietro be mix of mind and space?
    I figured Space-Enhanced would teleport, but both might work.

This is a kinda popular fan theory though.
    Really? I hadn't seen it anywhere, and thought I was onto something cool and obscure.

BANNED

Where does she go from here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    In what way? Immense power in inanimate objects is pretty old as a trope. Imbuing them with characterization is only slightly newer.

My idea had more to do with an exploration of what Hydra did, by examining what happened. Firstly: How was Wanda able to shatter a fundamental element of the universe? And then work backward.

I figured Space-Enhanced would teleport, but both might work.

Really? I hadn't seen it anywhere, and thought I was onto something cool and obscure.
    I mean Darkhold without Chthon, Serpent Crown without Set would end up flavorless in some way.
    I don't think she shatter the fundamental element of universe, she destroyed a power controller of it.
    Infinity Stones in MCU are said to be forged from the remains of six singularities, so they were born when the universe are already formed.
    Wanda breaks the remote but she didn't smash the TV.

THE LASTING HISTORY OF THE WITCH IN COMICS
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-las...itch-in-comics

On the other hand, Marvel's Scarlet Witch's hex powers come exclusively from her inherent abilities as a mutant, but she later went on to study for years under Agatha Harkness, a genuine witch of Salem. Gaining magical abilities in addition to her natural powers, the Scarlet Witch often lost her hold on reality and failed to be there for those that cared for her. Madame Xanadu is one of the more popular “hero” witches in comics, but one of the lesser known characters, appearing for a time in her own series, but seldom besides that. She, Zatanna, and Scarlet Witch all share a common theme: their power often threatens to overwhelm them, and they occasionally lose control or overstep boundaries.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    We all know the answer: comics limbo. She's been there before.

Maybe she'll get back onto the Avengers someday but for now it seems like "No Surrender" was supposed to be the last hurrah for the B-list Avengers the book was traditionally about, because Marvel is committed to its vision of the Avengers as a dull all-star team.

It will never stop depressing me that Marvel promotes almost every MCU character more than Wanda (well, Rhodey has gotten it pretty bad too), but her fans are used to it by now. All we can do is wait and hope and accept that Marvel publishing doesn't like her as much as we do.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Well, when it comes to Wanda, fan service can go wrong in so many ways.
    Honestly that line doesn't need to be highlighted more than it already is.
    I am one of those "better ignorant than misled" people.
    Though it's kinda hypocritical of me to say since I start reading about Wanda with AD/HOM, and probably why I hate it so much now.
    I want Wanda get all the push she need, except from that side.
    Lucky me, I did read AvX and a few chapters of her solo first. So I’d like to ask everyone here, what would you recommended to a new fan (presumably through the MCU) as a first read instead of AD and HoM. Everything I can think of has its own pros and cons:

Her solo seems an obvious choice, but unless someone is very interested in her character to begin with, it might be hard to go through, since the main plot is so week. Also there are the different art styles, which would be ok if each would be beautiful in their own way, which for the most part they are, but out of all things the first issue is just plain ugly, I think.

AvX: I think all scenes with her are just great and show many facets of her character. But there are only a few pages with her compared to the cheer size of this event.

Children’s Crusade: In my view this is a great way to discover her character, because due to the memory loss, she has to rediscover herself. Yet in terms of appearance, in some way it’s even worse than AvX: If I remember correctly, its two thirds in till she first appears, and till then, one has “only” these “New Avengers” characters, who one might not know or care about, especially if one comes from the movies.

The classic Avenger’s comics. I think issue 100 till 200 maybe - someone might be able to pinpoint that down – was just great. But obviously that is way too much for a beginner.

@juan678 I was waiting for that, but is has next to none with Wanda in it

Extraordinary Member

I usually recommend the first three or four issues of the Busiek-Pérez Avengers. It's kind of a silly story, but it's an Avengers story that for once has Wanda as the central character, and because it was the first story of a relaunched Avengers it's fairly new-reader-friendly and includes a lot of exposition and backstory on who Wanda is, how her powers work, etc. so the new reader gets to know who she is while still seeing her in her natural home as an Avenger. Plus Pérez clearly loves drawing her so much that he is working overtime to make the readers fall in love with her.

Of course the plot is almost exactly the same as House of M - someone uses Wanda to change all of reality to a new world where everyone's life is different, the characters recover their memories and fight to break free, etc. - but at least this time Wanda is herself all through the story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    We all know the answer: comics limbo. She's been there before.

Maybe she'll get back onto the Avengers someday but for now it seems like "No Surrender" was supposed to be the last hurrah for the B-list Avengers the book was traditionally about, because Marvel is committed to its vision of the Avengers as a dull all-star team.

It will never stop depressing me that Marvel promotes almost every MCU character more than Wanda (well, Rhodey has gotten it pretty bad too), but her fans are used to it by now. All we can do is wait and hope and accept that Marvel publishing doesn't like her as much as we do.
    Well, also the fellow Avenger Mantis. She is like the Wanda of Guardians in terms of promotion.
    Probably why I just care about interest the most, everything is simple math, you get it or you don't.
    Comics are stale these days anyway, movies are great but they are limited in screen time, also certain content.
    I have an unrealistic wish for Video Game part, maybe I can see my dream stories there.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    We have to wait until the end of Quicksilver: No Surrender to get an idea of where she will go next.

In the movies, I am hoping she gets into Doctor Strange 2 and Avengers 5 after Avengers 4.
    https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-conf...tor-strange-2/

From Tumblr

tumblr_p5ssvxcYqR1wbssu1o1_540.jpg
    An image from Infinity War maniped to include her Age of Ultron costume.

tumblr_pb1w5aRKGR1wxfdyko1_540.jpg
    enoumentouism

tumblr_pb1yxpjsaq1wy3swso1_540.jpg
    fabtonch
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-29-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Attachment 67641
    A still image from the video.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's a shame Wanda didn't do much in it. At least she and the Vision got a happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    From Tumblr

tumblr_p5ssvxcYqR1wbssu1o1_540.jpg
    An image from Infinity War maniped to include her Age of Ultron costume.
    Gives me hope they'll let her wear it one day. Still want to give her an undershirt.