Page 815 of 818 FirstFirst ... 315715765805811812813814815816817818 LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 12267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Remember if you deny his existance and that of his powers the weaker he becomes (or so they think)
    That time Bendis forgot and ignored him and then Slott bring him out to screw Earth up.

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Star Paul Bettany Reveals His Reaction to Vision’s Death
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...-vision-death/

The final moments for the Scarlet Witch and the Vision were some of the most emotional moments of Avengers: Infinity War and, as star Paul Bettany tells it, they were also some of the most exhausting for the actors.

Speaking to MTV at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Bettany recalled how challenging performing that scene was for both him and co-star Elizabeth Olsen.

“Well it was about 100 degrees and we were really, really sweaty, and the [directors Joe and Anthony Russo] ran over to us and went, ‘So, okay, the entire beating heart of the movie is now on your shoulders,’” Bettany recalled. “So we did it a couple of times and they said, ‘Ok, that’s great, let’s just improvise it now,’ and I just sort of looked at Lizzy and she looks at me and I thought, ‘I’m a robot, and you’re a witch, how are we gonna…?’

“You know, it’s a lot in isolation of the rest of the plot even. And you’re purple. And you’ve got a jewel and your head. And she’s going to destroy it. And you’re imagining red things coming out of her fingers, yet you’re also sort of trying to find some reality in all of this. I think we were both when it was done, kind of like, ‘Oh, let’s go home.’”

In a previous interview, Bettany seemed pleased with the final result, saying it was his favorite of his many on-screen deaths this year.

“I think that being murdered by the love of your life because you're asking them to is pretty moving stuff that they wrote for us,” Bettany noted.

A Christian perspective on Vision's death:

Christ Figures, Assemble! Examining Sacrifice in Avengers: Infinity War
    https://thinkchristian.reframemedia....s-infinity-war

Of all the sacrificially coded splash shots in the movie, the one featuring Wanda/Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) comes closer to the Christian understanding of Jesus’ sacrifice and atonement. Vision bears an Infinity Stone in his forehead; it’s an integral part of who he is and it’s what gives him his power. It’s also the last stone Thanos needs. Wanda is the only person who can destroy the stone and prevent Thanos from getting his hands on it—but by destroying the stone, she would kill Vision, whom she has come to love. In a film full of crowded frames, the climactic moment involving Vision and Wanda takes place in open space, as we watch one of them give up an essential part of his being—dying in the process—while the other gives up her beloved.
    As striking as the scene is, it still does not fully encompass the Christian understanding of atonement, in which Christ’s work on the cross atoned for the sins of the world. Here, as in much of Infinity War, sacrifice is a preventative, an attempt to halt something bad from happening. This is a narrow understanding of sacrifice: giving up something precious to get ahead in a fight. As such, the sacrifices made in the movie are all akin to moves on a chess board. They assign value to different players and give them up when necessary to accomplish a goal. There’s a grand calculus at play, balancing one life (Vision’s, Gamora’s, or whoever else is in danger at that very moment) against the lives of half the universe. It’s a game with no wins, only losses, even for the players who come out on top.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 07-24-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

http://scarletwitching.tumblr.com/day/2018/07/15/
    Feel like to share a article written by Scarlet Witching, totally biased of me to do so since it's Chthon-related stuff.
    I like how she point out the kinda awkward nature of Chthon being a Lovecraftian deity in a superhero world.

"Chthon may be so powerful that he makes humans like ants, but he is stuck in a superhero world. Humans in superhero stories must be at the center of everything, often to the story’s detriment. In the Marvel Universe, humans and the Earth are of great importance. And so, Chthon, a being of unfathomable power, keeps getting defeated by The Power of the Human Spirit. Want to get rid of Chthon? Do it with the goodness of your heart! The standard superhero narrative runs on corny, decidedly un-Lovecraftian logic: I believe this world ain’t half as bad as it looks. I believe most people are good."

Sometimes I just enjoy this kind of irony, like the unspeakable horror somehow got itself censored because "yeah! superhero comics!"

Wanda found her way into Infinity Wars as an anagram of Scarlet Witch and Wolverine in the October solicits

INFINITY WARS: WEAPON HEX #1 (of 2)
    BEN ACKER & BEN BLACKER (W)
    GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Design Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Connecting Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    In a dark weapons program breeding subjects specifically for magic use, the 23rd attempt, now called Wanda, was finally able to connect to violent magics – making her one of the deadliest people on the planet!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda found her way into Infinity Wars as an anagram of Scarlet Witch and Wolverine in the October solicits

INFINITY WARS: WEAPON HEX #1 (of 2)
    BEN ACKER & BEN BLACKER (W)
    GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Design Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Connecting Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    In a dark weapons program breeding subjects specifically for magic use, the 23rd attempt, now called Wanda, was finally able to connect to violent magics – making her one of the deadliest people on the planet!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Well, since Weapon HeX was announced I've been feeling like it's really just Laura with some red claws... But her being called Wanda adds a bit more of Wanda to the character, though her characterization is probably gonna be all Laura still.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, also the birthplace sounds more like Laura's.(Unless, surprise, the Weapon-Hex facility is on Wundagore.)
    Weapon-Hex doesn't show the villain/supporting characters like others do, just wild guesses, High Evolutionary and Sara Kinney, Modred and Kimura?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, also the birthplace sounds more like Laura's.(Unless, surprise, the Weapon-Hex facility is on Wundagore.)
    Weapon-Hex doesn't show the villain/supporting characters like others do, just wild guesses, High Evolutionary and Sara Kinney, Modred and Kimura?

Wanda currently doesn't have a title to call home, but her DC counterpart Zatanna does. Check out Justice League Dark #1, which is out now. I think the first issue was great! It was better than the Avengers relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda currently doesn't have a title to call home, but her DC counterpart Zatanna does. Check out Justice League Dark #1, which is out now. I think the first issue was great! It was better than the Avengers relaunch.
    I read it too and I liked the start, but I'm not sure about the early crossover it will have with Wonder Woman. And anything is much better than the current run of Avengers. Aaaaaaaanything.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sparky is still around as for as I know.

Wanda had a falcon at one point in the sixties

From Uncanny X-men Vol 1 #27
    Ha! I totally forgot that.

I mostly remember that “scene” for Professor X trying to hire them. Until today I wonder why he didn’t tried the classic: "Whatever they pay you, we’ll pay you double"

Ironically, in “Super Hero Squad”, Wanda had a brief relationship with “Falcon” Sam Wilson, who himself also had a real Falcon, not that robot-thingy in the movies (me like robot-thingy, though).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Ha! I totally forgot that.

I mostly remember that “scene” for Professor X trying to hire them. Until today I wonder why he didn’t tried the classic: "Whatever they pay you, we’ll pay you double"

Ironically, in “Super Hero Squad”, Wanda had a brief relationship with “Falcon” Sam Wilson, who himself also had a real Falcon, not that robot-thingy in the movies (me like robot-thingy, though).
    Also Charles's school may sound tempting to the twins at the point.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't use or recommend using it anyway, personally ComicVine, Marvel Wiki are overall more detailed and fit the continuity.
    I do like that Marvel remember to renew Wanda's info and page though.
    Sure, I myself haven’t been there in months. But imagine this: Someone who knows nothing about comics comes from the movies, and wonders if some of the characters are worth reading in the comics. *This* is probably the first site one looks for. For all these years such a person found for Wanda “House of M” as the disgraceful end of her character. Nothing about how she returned. Nothing about how she fixed the damage she caused the best she could. Nothing about how she re-established herself as a hero.

Now it’s all there

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also Charles's school may sound tempting to the twins at the point.
    Also rereading Pietro's dialogue, he like he's saying "Who would want to be an X-men, when you can be an Avenger?"

Quick Spider and Scarlet Spider; Pietro and Wanda if they had Spiderpowers for Spidergeddon.