Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings *Spoilers*

I saw this film today and honestly I don't truly really know how I feel. I may wait for days before I grade it. I thought the movie was sometimes good, then bad, then okay wtf is going on and then alright this is fun.

The closest resemblance the film has to an MCU film is maybe Black Panther. However I felt in some areas the story did do more than black panther in establishing the broken family dynamic , however I felt black panther as a movie was a lot smoother and tighter.

The third arc is where things really falls apart. it felt like another different movie entirely . I don't know what were the point of the dragons and additionally more could have been done in story with Shang CHI's dad and his wife. the story was quite muddled. I am also wondering maybe Disney was trying to drag in Mulan also.

As for the CGI, I went in knowing there were already issues and not to my surprise, the CGI was pretty bad and sometimes it just did not feel like a live action film. I was sitting in cinema watching it with my sister and we were both whispering to ourselves that Deanery's Dragons from Game of Thrones looked far more realistic than the Dragons in this movie. I also mentioned, other dragons like Smaug from the Lord of the rings series. I wish the movie just left out the third arc completely. it was very computer generated to the point the characters almost disappeared . Add the tramp-train scenes too.

Also, the movie lacked realism, the fight scenes outside Shang CHI sister's club was beyond ridiculous, they were fighting outside a tall buildings sort of balcony with only planks and woods as a base , and the characters just kept on going with the fighting flow with no sense of fear or danger. this was the same issue with Black Widow in some scenes. to have this human characters doing amazing feats in in-human situations and not getting hurt or even scared.

There are some positive though Simi Liu and Awkwafina actually carried the film and were very likeable characters, Awkwafina is almost like a less annoying version of Darcy from the Thor films and I disagree with Grace Randolph, who said the movie was as ''funny'' as Thor Ragnarok.

Lastly about the post credit scenes. eh, I think this generation tends to overhype stuff it is becoming painful. the post credit scene just had Captain Marvel and Bruce Banner chatting with Shang and Katy about the rings function and Wong kind of welcoming them to the MCU. I don't know why that is making some people very hyped up , going as far as to call it the best post credit scene ever? perhaps I am too old now for this twitter age alright. Can someone tell me what I am missing here about the awesomeness of this post credit scene. Iron Man's 1 post credit scene is still the best to me.

Overall I am mixed on the film, I am still trying to decide if the characters and some good aspect of the plot carried the film enough to drown out the negative aspect. I will wait till a few more days to grade and decide.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-07-2021 at 12:59 AM.