Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Astonishing Member

So I went to the theater and saw this. I enjoyed it. I personally felt like it was two different movies in one. The first half was a kung fu movie, the second half was the lion the witch and the wardrobe. But better of course. I didn't mind the supernatural 2nd half. But I think, if it was up to me I would have preferred the first movie stay more grounded and the 2nd one move into the fantasy realm. Instead of putting all of it in the first movie. Overall I enjoyed the movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The Mandarin is all about devouring every source of power available.

He’s the kind of character who might not invent a super-weapon purely on his own, or forge a magic-item, but he’ll try ten different military, political, and corporate tactics to get the scientists who can invent that super-weapon as his slaves. And at the same time he’s doing that, he’ll be digging through the ruins of an ancient temple for some all-powerful plot-device magic item. And he’ll then combine the super-science-invention and the magic plot-device with billions of dollars of mundane military power in his efforts to steal resources, land, and enslave people.

“To know that you are superior-- in mind, in body, in spirit. Everything! To know that power is your birthright-- to know what untold thousands exist on this world for no reason but to serve you-- to channel their powers through your empire, be it of land or of business-- channeling it upward to fuel you, to fuel your glory” - The Mandarin

So did you like this take on the Mandarin in the MCU?