Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The technology of the Ten Rings is connected to the species that Fin Fang is one part of. CBR mentioned this in a recent video I believe.
    Oh, thanks. Was wondering where they were going with that credits scene.

The big question will be, Fing Fang Foom, pants or no pants?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think with pants. Since Abomination and Hulk also wears pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The technology of the Ten Rings is connected to the species that Fin Fang is one part of. CBR mentioned this in a recent video I believe.
    I don't see them bringing FFF in at all. It will connect to something larger for the MCU I'm sure. Either Kang/Celestials/Kree/Skrulls etc. Or something like Galactus they have yet to introduce. I don't see FFF being a Marvel big bad in the films. So I would bet money connect that beacon to some marvel event already in the works. I think that was set up for the MCU not Shang Chi 2. Secret wars or whatever Avengers 5 looks like etc..

Add me to the list that said Shang Chi wrong my entire life. I ssid it sh-Ang Ch-ee. I was so vindicated when I found out if ssid Dormamu right. Cause the way Kevin Smith ssid it had me doubting but I was way off with Shang.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nahh, I feel it did, and this one of two parts that many critics got right. dragging is also a another term for loosing the plot. I think the problem was that, the movie was trying to thick the box that every modern comic book film needs a big cgi sequence, however in this film it felt just like that purpose, making the movie quite superficial.

I saw the film with my family including my mum, my mum is more of a drama film person and rarely is a fan of movies that require big cgi, when the film was gong on, she got all the family issues, however by the last act she quite bored and confused on what was going on and that is another way if saying, the 3rd act does not really have any story.

Additionally going back to other MCU movies, the 3rd act between Ying Nan fighters and Xu Wenwu fighters is black panther 2.0 with Killmonger fighters and Black Panther fighters. I mean MCU really has just one-two kind of screen plays they use in all their films that has now become extremely noticeable to any screen writer . However unlike black panther, the 3rd act did not need to drag itself to just a big cgi set piece that added nothing much to the story and was trying to unsmoothly mesh up another genre as I did think of Chronicles of Narnia at times when they arrived at Ying Nan's place. However, this is the reason I also said in my first post, Black Panther as a film was tighter since sometimes it felt like this Shang Chi was trying to be different things.
    I don’t think opinions on big cgi third acts factor into the film losing its plot. I would also have preferred not to have a massive dragon fight, however it was set up throughout the fillm as a consequence of Wenwu’s objective, so it was very clearly a part of the plot. It was also used for Wenwu’s “redemption”. God I loved Tony Leung. I also think calling it superficial is disrespectful to its mainly Asian cast and crew (including director and writers) and the fact it leant heavily into Chinese myth and legend.

I saw it with my mum too - she likes political thrillers - and she loved this movie, including the dragon fight. There will always be different opinions, but I don’t think not liking the cgi battle proves it’s lost the plot of the movie. I hope your mum found enjoyment in the rest of the film!

The film warranted more cgi than BP solely because a chunk of it takes place in a realm with mystical creatures and moving mazes. Although the tones were definitely sloppily fused, it was clearly made with heart and love for the different types of Kung fu movies they were homaging. I think it could have been solved with the pacing in the second act. I think for most people this isn’t a problem, because the movie exudes charm and heart for pretty much all of its run time, and the actors are all incredibly suited, and the story doesn’t forget that this is about Shang (and Xialing to a lesser extent) realising and embracing their legacy.

Also I thought Anihilus and the Anihilation wave could have been a better pull then the super obscure dweller in darkness. But if u want a giant Kaiju showdown I guess Anihilus doesn't work as well. Anyway when the aunty was describing what happened I though it was Anihilus for a second. He escaped the Nagetive zone and the first dimension he tried to conqour was theres.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-08-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Also I thought Anihilus and the Anihilation wave could have been a better pull then the super obscure dweller in darkness. But if u want a giant Kaiju showdown I guess Anihilus doesn't work as well. Anyway when the aunty was describing what happened I though it was Anihilus for a second. He escaped the Nagetive zone and the first dimension he tried to conqour was theres.
    Annihilus might be too big to just appear at the end. Maybe in a sequel.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Annihilus isn't a villain that Shang-Chi should be facing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Right give me an Annihilation movie.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Right give me an Annihilation movie.
    We kind of got a lot of the story beats already, event Conquest beats.

... but I still want this and agree with you!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I saw the film with my family including my mum, my mum is more of a drama film person and rarely is a fan of movies that require big cgi, when the film was gong on, she got all the family issues, however by the last act she quite bored and confused on what was going on and that is another way if saying, the 3rd act does not really have any story.
    I always hear these sorts of comments, and I'm just like... you know, not all films and media are for everyone. The fact that someone got bored and confused often just means that they weren't paying attention.

And while, sure, we can put that on the film to an extent. It's also true that some people just aren't going to find some films interesting for regardless of how good the film is presented.

Ultimate Member

Why not? He faced Mandarin and has minimal history with him in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why not? He faced Mandarin and has minimal history with him in the comics
    The Mandarin is a villain similar to the one he was meant to replace. It's not even about Annihilus not being Shang villain. He is several leagues above him. There isn't much a guy who's really good at Kung Fu can do against him.

Ultimate Member

The Mandarin is a villain similar to the one he was meant to replace. It's not even about Annihilus not being Shang villain. He is several leagues above him. There isn't much a guy who's really good at Kung Fu can do against him.
    He has the Rings, and I assume Shang-Chi would team up with the Avengers to fight Annihilus

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He has the Rings, and I assume Shang-Chi would team up with the Avengers to fight Annihilus
    But this isn;t a team up movie but a solo outing. He'll need more than rings to fight against the Annihilations waves

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    I always hear these sorts of comments, and I'm just like... you know, not all films and media are for everyone. The fact that someone got bored and confused often just means that they weren't paying attention.

And while, sure, we can put that on the film to an extent. It's also true that some people just aren't going to find some films interesting for regardless of how good the film is presented.

You are just talking to someone who hates the MCU and looks for reasons to criticize the films.

Don't bother.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!