Thread: Vertigo love!

Default Vertigo love!

I really love most of the vertigo comics. Now that it is gone, any publishers that publish similar comics to vertigo style?

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    I really love most of the vertigo comics. Now that it is gone, any publishers that publish similar comics to vertigo style?
    You are just kidding around, right?

No. I am serious.

No. I am serious.
    Ok.

Without trying to be too nosy, have you taken some time away from comics or something?

If the answer to that question is "No...", you really haven't stumbled across anything about Image Comics?

Vertigo, as an imprint is gone. Now, it is DC black label, which, sadly speaking, is not the same at all.
    I like the comics which Vertigo publishes like sandman, lucifer, 100 bullets, fables, preacher, unwritten and hellblazer.
    I wonder if there is any publisher that publishes comics similar to those I like.
    Will like recommendations on them as I had been away from comics for quite some times.

Vertigo, as an imprint is gone. Now, it is DC black label, which, sadly speaking, is not the same at all.
    I like the comics which Vertigo publishes like sandman, lucifer, 100 bullets, fables, preacher, unwritten and hellblazer.
    I wonder if there is any publisher that publishes comics similar to those I like.
    Will like recommendations on them as I had been away from comics for quite some times.
    Got it.

Since you mentioned some of the "Classic Coke..." Vertigo titles...

Brian Azzarello(100 Bullets) has a title at Image called Moonshine. Prohibition-era bootlegging story with a curve.

There are a few other interesting titles, but it is worth noting that writers are working at whatever speed they want to.

I know that one of the Jason Aaron and one of the Jonathan Hickman titles are essentially in suspended animation. Worth noting if that sort of thing will be a source of frustration.

That said...

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series

If you scroll down on that page, there is an alphabetical list of their titles. Seems like you can also read the first issue of some titles.

thx. That is just the info I am looking for.
    Any other publishers, besides image?

Well, there is whatever will wind up coming into being once Substack gets off of the ground.

A few other things here and there.

That said, a lot of the things that would have been published at Vertigo have shuffled over to Image.

Invincible Member

I'd say check out Dark Horse and Boom.

The biggest have already been mentioned (Image, Dark Horse, and Boom), but I'd suggest picking up a copy of Diamond Previews if you can and take a look through. Books coming out in a month are mostly all mentioned and sorted by publisher. Check which ones look interesting to you and then look at those publishers.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Check if your library offers the Hoopla service? It is a digital library that is flush with comic offerings from several publishers, that is free to the consumer because the library pays for the subscription for its patrons. The number of books you can borrow per month varies from library to library depending on what level they choose to pay for. There are tons of stuff from Image, Dark Horse, IDW, BOOM! Dynamite and other American publishers (Marvel and DC too) plus stuff from several European publishers and US book publishers that don't focus on direct market monthly releases.

It is a fantastic way to sample new stuff and look for stuff of various tones (like books in the Vertigo vein) without shelling out the cash, and they you can pick and choose what to buy for yourself and add to your ow library i whatever format you prefer.

However, if you are looking for books particularly in the Vertigo vein, check out the Dark Horse imprint Berger books as it is overseen by Karen Berger, the woman who made Vertigo what it was.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Thanks for all your recommendations!