Default 20 issues image recommendations!

I will like some comics recommendations.
    I prefer series with at least 20 issues.
    Vertigo series I like: 100 bullets, hellblazer, fables, sandman, lucifer, preacher
    Image series I like: Walking Dead, invincible

Thanks in advance!

Mighty Member

While it’s only on issue 7 and is still ongoing, crossover but Donny Cates is pretty good. It also features a lot of image characters. I think it’ll reach over 20 issues too, I’m guessing around 25.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Savage Dragon! Kirkman sings it's praises all the time, and you can see why, big influence on his work. Such a clever, fun, imaginative and just plain awesome book. You could start at the beginning, you could hop on at a recent jump on point (Issue 251 for example), it's always written such that you can hop on board. Or you could mix and match, do a bit of both. Either way, it's the best.

Possibly Hack/Slash too. Since you like hard boiled crime stuff, maybe Brubaker's stuff, though they can be shorter than 20. A couple ideas that aren't image are Judge Dredd (especially John Wagner stuff) from 2000AD, Rok of the Reds, and Cobra: The Last Laugh from IDW. One more from Image, Elephantmen. Also Hip Flask which ties into that world. And while I haven't gotten to it yet, everybody loves Saga. Skullkickers too for fantasy action.

Could also dig into some Witchblade and The Darkness, much like Marvel or DC those ones have different runs with different creative teams, and you might wanna jump around. But they both start strong.

More than 20 issues, but spread over a series of mini-series essentially, or collected in trades, but Criminal by Brubaker and Phillips.

Descender by Lemire and Ngyuen. (follwed up by Ascender)

Gideon Falls by Lemire and Sorrentino.

Lazarus by Rucka and Lark.

Saga by Vaughan and Staples.

Wicked and Divine by Gillen and McKelvie.

Black Science by Remender & Scalera

Age of Bronze by Shanower

A Distant Soil by Colleen Doran

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Though its slowed down in recent years - modern Image comics is basically the continuation of Vertigo.
    My picks:

Prophet (Brandon Graham) Some of the most original sci-fi ever offered (in any medium). Fresh, strange, incredible. So much originality its almost hard to take in all at once.

East of West (Hickman) A modern classic. A vast epic and like the aforementioned Prophet - very original.

Moonshine (Azzarello/Risso) The 100 Bullets team reunited. I dont think its possible for them to make a bad comic.

Southern Bastards (Jason Aaron) Grim, gritty, violent, southern, and frankly: American. Theres not many books out there with this subject matter and tone.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Saga (currently on hiatus)
    Manhattan Projects (finished/dropped but great read nonetheless)
    Black Science (finished)
    Gideon Falls (finished)
    Girls and Sword by Luna Brothers
    Luther Strode Trilogy

Great stories with less than 20 issues:
    Alex + Ada
    Five Weapons
    Private Eye
    Infinite Vacation
    Black Monday Murders
    Stillwater (ongoing, it's soooo good)
    I kill Giants

I've heard great things about/something I am still reading:
    Paper Girls
    Rat Queens
    Wicked Divine
    Chew
    East of West

I would also recommend reading "WE3", "Pride of Bagdhad" and "Y The Last Man" from Vertigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Though its slowed down in recent years - modern Image comics is basically the continuation of Vertigo.
    My picks:

Prophet (Brandon Graham) Some of the most original sci-fi ever offered (in any medium). Fresh, strange, incredible. So much originality its almost hard to take in all at once.

East of West (Hickman) A modern classic. A vast epic and like the aforementioned Prophet - very original.

Moonshine (Azzarello/Risso) The 100 Bullets team reunited. I dont think its possible for them to make a bad comic.

Southern Bastards (Jason Aaron) Grim, gritty, violent, southern, and frankly: American. Theres not many books out there with this subject matter and tone.
    One particular thing about that series that is worth taking note of...

If someone is a pretty serious fan of 100 Bullets?

There are a few pretty detailed artistic callbacks to 100 Bullets throughout Moonshine.