View Poll Results: Can the country and the world heal?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
  • What's there to heal?

1 20.00%
  • Maybe this is a necessary change

0 0%
    Fantastic Member

Default 9/11, America and the World: then and 20 years later

The anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is coming up and I have been reflecting on the state of everything lately. 20 years ago, it felt as if the world, while not in a better place, was actually okay for a moment. Sure, there was still racism, poverty and the climate was already going to hell, but for the most part there wasn't a sense of fear and doom.

Then, 9/11 happened. I was in class when I first heard about the planes hitting the Twin Towers. I was stunned. Then, my friends and classmates started immediately talking about war and retaliation. I became horrified. War, to me, was something that happened in the past, that I read in history textbooks. To be in a generation that experienced something like that was unfathomable to me at the time. Then it happened, and everything went downhill from there.

Now, as an adult who has lived in America through 2 wars, 2 recessions, several political movements, multiple mass shootings and a global pandemic, I feel that the world that we all used to have may not only never come back, but probably never even existed in the first place. The country and the world has changed too much and become too divided.

Thoughts? How do you feel 20 years later?

Can we heal? Yes, of course we can. Will we heal? I don't know; there are a lot of people who don't want to heal.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Incredible Member

in all honestly it doesn't seem that long a time has passed since that tragic date will always be a reminder and every year either friends or families will gather and relate stories of their experience.

We're already moving on from it. Especially, now that Biden has gotten us out that bottomless rat-hole in Afghanistan. Gave them 20 to get their act together & now it's time to leave the nest. Good luck fellas but we got bigger fish to fry.

China is what we're going to lock down on from here on out.