View Poll Results: Who are the best ones? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andromeda (Laurel Gand)

17 17.89%
  • Dawnstar

44 46.32%
  • Dream Girl (Nura Nal)

44 46.32%
  • Kid Quantum (Jazmin Cullen)

18 18.95%
  • Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)

11 11.58%
  • Lightning Lass (Ayla Ranzz)

29 30.53%
  • Night Girl (Lydda Jath)

21 22.11%
  • Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo)

42 44.21%
  • Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen)

53 55.79%
  • Sensor Girl (Princess Projectra)

32 33.68%
  • Shadow Lass (Tasmia Mallor)

33 34.74%
  • Shrinking Violet (Salu Digby)

19 20.00%
  • Triplicate Girl (Lournu Durgo)

32 33.68%
  • White Witch (Mysa Nal)

28 29.47%
  • XS (Jenni Ognats)

26 27.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Best Women of the Legion of Superheroes?

I noticed that the Legion of Superheroes have some of the best women in comics, though underrated. So with that being said which ones are your favorites? I’m only allowed 15 choices for the poll so I chose the ones with the most appearances and the most tenure on the team. Left off Supergirl because that would be cheating.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Definitely, my choice would be...

Triplicate Girl

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-05-2021 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved how they changed Triplicate Girl in the first Reboot into Triad. Making each of her bodies have their own personality really set her apart form other characters who could multiply. I also liked how they treated each others like sisters and not just copies of each other. I hated the Waidboot were they just basically turned her into Multiple Man with infinite copies that were all the same.

Ultimate Member

Oh, you made it a multiple choice poll, so I picked eight out of the fifteen. I'm so terrible.

But Shadow Lass would be number one.

Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Lone Lass, Dream Girl, Sensor Girl, Night Girl, Lightning Lass and Kid Quantum 2 would be my next tier.

Honorable mention to Shikari, Danielle Foccault/Computo, Nightwind, Gazelle, Infectious Lass, Spider-Girl, Dawnstar and newbies Dragonwing and Glorith.

It's different depending on whether I'm reading a comic or writing a fanfic. Dream Girl and Dawnstar are not my favorites to read about, but darn their voices and powersets are fun, fun, fun to write!

Retired

Luornu Durgo was/is/will be Duo Damsel (Luo = Duo).

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Saturn Girl, because of Superman: The Animated Series where she's voiced by Melissa Joan Hart (and in my DCU, she will be voiced by her sister Emily, using her animated Sabrina voice.)

There's also Shrinking Violet, but only when I write her. (I don't want to explain why. You already know why.)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Phantom Lass, but I prefer her post Crisis design to her pre crisis bell bottoms look.

Oh man so many!

1. Dawnstar (She's always been my favourite)
    2. Shadow Lass (I've always loved her shadow power of blacking things out, and her homeworld and relationship with Mon El)
    3. White Witch (This quiet mysterious woman with magical powers in a futuristic sci fi world)
    4. Lighting Lass (Sister of Lightning Lad, boyfriend of Timber Wolf, my two favourite characters)
    5. Saturn Girl (Wife of Lighting Lad, intelligent, and one of the original three with a very powerful super power)
    6. Dream Girl (Fun and beautiful, and I always loved her silver outfit)

Retired

I liked Light/ning Lass back when she was in love with Timber Wolf--and they grew up to get married and look like Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon. But the writers split them up and Ayla's characterization after that was all over the place. Likewise with Shrinking Violet after the writers took her away from Duplicate Boy--she wasn't the same character, but then it turned out she wasn't the same character.

Loved Phantom Girl in her bell-bottoms. That made her stand out in my imagination.

Never liked Shadow Lass--couldn't understand what Mon-El ever saw in her.

Boisterously Confused

I admit to surprise at what a strong showing Triplicate Girl has made.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    But she doesn't have three times as many votes as all of the others (yet).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Triple the fun!

And now that Johns upgraded her to 'Duplicate Damsel' or 'Duplicate Girl,' she can create dozens of dupes, which switches things up pretty radically. (I know not everyone is for that change, and I can see their point, but I like changing things up from time to time. My nostalgic bent only goes so far. I like the classic characters, but I don't necessarily want them to be the same as they were back in the '70s...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-06-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my choice would be...

Triplicate Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved how they changed Triplicate Girl in the first Reboot into Triad. Making each of her bodies have their own personality really set her apart form other characters who could multiply. I also liked how they treated each others like sisters and not just copies of each other. I hated the Waidboot were they just basically turned her into Multiple Man with infinite copies that were all the same.
    ^^^my number one pick right there.

I also went w. Night Girl, Dawnstar, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet.

Extraordinary Member

I always thought it would be interesting if Duo Damsel had one body totally in love with Chuck and the other body still having strong feelings for Superboy. She knew he would never return the feelings. She would struggle with the marriage to Chuck but would care enough about her 'sister' and Chuck to go along with it.

Retired

Rather than retconning or rebooting Luornu as Triplicate Girl or Duplicate Girl, I would have explored the aftermath of losing their third self and what that meant for those from Cargg. Maybe the other two still felt the existence of the third, like a phantom limb. For them, she never went away and was still existing like a ghost. I would have used that trauma to go in more depth with their psychology. Maybe their power can't let go of another self, even after she is gone. This might have given Luornu still another power, which could prove useful to the Legion, but at a cost to their psyche.