View Poll Results: Who are the best ones? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andromeda (Laurel Gand)

17 17.89%
  • Dawnstar

44 46.32%
  • Dream Girl (Nura Nal)

44 46.32%
  • Kid Quantum (Jazmin Cullen)

18 18.95%
  • Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)

11 11.58%
  • Lightning Lass (Ayla Ranzz)

29 30.53%
  • Night Girl (Lydda Jath)

21 22.11%
  • Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo)

42 44.21%
  • Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen)

53 55.79%
  • Sensor Girl (Princess Projectra)

32 33.68%
  • Shadow Lass (Tasmia Mallor)

33 34.74%
  • Shrinking Violet (Salu Digby)

19 20.00%
  • Triplicate Girl (Lournu Durgo)

32 33.68%
  • White Witch (Mysa Nal)

28 29.47%
  • XS (Jenni Ognats)

26 27.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I gave both Phantom Girl and Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl a vote. PeeGee because she was one of favorites since childhood.

Projectra because she had the single most badass moment of any female character in classic Legion stories.

Nemesis Kid never saw it coming. ��

Where are Montress ? Shikari? Glorith? Comet Queen?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Where are Montress ? Shikari? Glorith? Comet Queen?
    Poll only allows 15 options. He couldn't include every female Legionnaire.

DAWNSTAR 4.jpgAlways been my favorite.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I didn't pick many because...well...really, I just love them ALL! but tops of my list are
    Dawnstar...she is what drew me to the Legion. Her Native American appearance, the massive white wings, just the sheer beauty. Her powers at the time were really unique as well. (A couple of years ago, I was able to meet Mike Grell and have him sign her first appearance in Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes 226!) She really got shortchanged in the Bendis boot robbing her of her wings and replacing them with constructs.
    170px-Dawnstar-LaRocque-Stars.jpg

Next would be Saturn Girl and Dream Girl. The queen of the Legion and the first elected female leader.

That's also not to slight Xs, Monstress (another fav who deserved better than she got), Triplicate/Triad/Duo Damsel and Phantom Girl...I just love them all and wish we could get the actual Legion back and not....that last option. GAH! I forgot Andromeda!! And Laurel Kent...she was a cool little mystery that hurt when it was resolved.
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 09-06-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    And Laurel Kent...she was a cool little mystery that hurt when it was resolved.
    Ooh, I loved Laurel Kent! (Hated the Manhunter retcon, though.) And now, decades later, there are other Kryptonians around, and it's no longer a vital necessity that Superman is the 'last son of Krypton,' and he's even got descendants like Jon Kent, so the whole 'need' to get rid of Laurel was a moot point, as literally anyone who had ever read a comic book in the five years *before* she was fired from the canon could have predicted. :/

The idea that a far future descendant of Superman might not have all of his powers, but each weaker, but instead only *one* of his powers, at full strength, was a novel one. Plus I loved that she wore his cape as a poncho, and not a whole heck of a lot else.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The idea that a far future descendant of Superman might not have all of his powers, but each weaker, but instead only *one* of his powers, at full strength, was a novel one. Plus I loved that she wore his cape as a poncho, and not a whole heck of a lot else.
    I liked that. Being invulnerable, of course, any clothing would just be a nuisance.

Since anyone now who has European roots in their family tree has Charlemagne as an ancestor, the number of people related to Superman and Supergirl in the 30th/31st century would be enormous.

All this Dawnstar love!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I liked that. Being invulnerable, of course, any clothing would just be a nuisance.

Since anyone now who has European roots in their family tree has Charlemagne as an ancestor, the number of people related to Superman and Supergirl in the 30th/31st century would be enormous.
    Yeah, even if Kryptonians and part-Kryptonians live a long time and don't breed as prolifically as humans, there should be plenty of them. Barring some deliberate reasons why not, such as whackos attempting to eliminate the bloodlines of Krypton / descendants of Superman or a disease specific to those with Kryptonian DNA or something.

The one who is freaky is Marvel's Hercules. He's immortal, thousands of years old and promiscuous. Given how many people can claim some degree of descent from Genghis Khan, who only lived about 0.5% as long, pretty much the entire world should be, to some degree or another, descended from Hercules!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, even if Kryptonians and part-Kryptonians live a long time and don't breed as prolifically as humans, there should be plenty of them. Barring some deliberate reasons why not, such as whackos attempting to eliminate the bloodlines of Krypton / descendants of Superman or a disease specific to those with Kryptonian DNA or something.

The one who is freaky is Marvel's Hercules. He's immortal, thousands of years old and promiscuous. Given how many people can claim some degree of descent from Genghis Khan, who only lived about 0.5% as long, pretty much the entire world should be, to some degree or another, descended from Hercules!
    I just always assumed with the gods unless they were actually trying to make a child they were firing blanks. Almost like they have to will it to be able to reproduce. Otherwise like you said some manwhore like Herc would have tons of his bloodline running around. I honestly think Marvel kind of missed a good opportunity to not have a Herc decendent in the Young Avengers book.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Back to the Legion. I really wish we had seen more of this young lady before she disappeared back into unused character limbo. This was one of the few future versions of modern characters that I thought actually worked. Thunder of the reboot Legion.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Back to the Legion. I really wish we had seen more of this young lady before she disappeared back into unused character limbo. This was one of the few future versions of modern characters that I thought actually worked. Thunder of the reboot Legion.

Yes! Completely agree!! Thunder was one I wished that DC had kept when the Legion went back to the original set.

Incredible Member

Dream Girl and Night Girl for me.

Dawnstar is still my favorite! Hoping she shows up in that Bendis animated series currently in development
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

The thing is, as much as I like Phantom Girl, I liked her more as Apparition. The same with Shadow Lass. Umbra was, IMHO, a much more intresting character, specially since she could use her shadow field as a physical force. So, I didn't vote for them, and stuck with others.

Peace