View Poll Results: Who are the best ones? (Multiple Choice)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andromeda (Laurel Gand)

17 17.89%
  • Dawnstar

44 46.32%
  • Dream Girl (Nura Nal)

44 46.32%
  • Kid Quantum (Jazmin Cullen)

18 18.95%
  • Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)

11 11.58%
  • Lightning Lass (Ayla Ranzz)

29 30.53%
  • Night Girl (Lydda Jath)

21 22.11%
  • Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo)

42 44.21%
  • Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen)

53 55.79%
  • Sensor Girl (Princess Projectra)

32 33.68%
  • Shadow Lass (Tasmia Mallor)

33 34.74%
  • Shrinking Violet (Salu Digby)

19 20.00%
  • Triplicate Girl (Lournu Durgo)

32 33.68%
  • White Witch (Mysa Nal)

28 29.47%
  • XS (Jenni Ognats)

26 27.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I hate infinite bodies. My personal favorite version of teh character is the reboot version Triad where each body had their own personality
    Mine too. Went from a character I cared nothing about to one of my favorites.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Understand that I haven't read most of the reboots so this idea may have occurred and I didn't know it.

But I always thought they could strengthen Luornu's powers through teleportation and merging. When the two split, one could teleport anywhere - even to another planet. They also could merge at will no matter how far apart they were. This would've allowed her to be a part of the Espionage Squad because she would be able to teleport to any location and infiltrate no matter how secure it was. She could obtain information/documents or spy on meetings with villains and then merge out of the location and rejoin her 'sister' at will.

To me, that's more interesting than just being able to split into two bodies with no special powers or abilities.
    Last edited by caj; 07-01-2022 at 09:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Understand that I haven't read most of the reboots so this idea may have occurred and I didn't know it.

But I always thought they could strengthen Luornu's powers through teleportation and merging. When the two split, one could teleport anywhere - even to another planet. They also could merge at will no matter how far apart they were. This would've allowed her to be a part of the Espionage Squad because she would be able to teleport to any location and infiltrate no matter how secure it was. She could obtain information/documents or spy on meetings with villains and then merge out of the location and rejoin her 'sister' at will.

To me, that's more interesting than just being able to split into two bodies with no special powers or abilities.
    There were some interesting possibilities there.

Imagine that she'd developed a sort of quantum consciousness, split across three (or more?) physical brains, connected at real-time. She could be on three different teams at once, each of them light-years away from each other, or even cast away into another dimension, and Lu would still be 'one person' and know everything going on in all three locations, allowing those three Legion groups to remain in constant contact. Granted, the writers love them some drama related to a team being 'lost' or out of contact or unable to call for backup or even presumed dead, and this wouldn't normally happen to a team with an omnipresent Lu on it, so it'd be a writing challenge. (Just like how Flight Rings are unable to establish contact when the plot requires it.)

I like the teleportation, but only one way, the idea that she has to physically travel to any place outside of immediate reach, but that she can re-combine from anywhere, even a galaxy away, allowing her to 'call herself home' for a quick return (and also to call herself back *instantly*, to make last second escapes where she's thought to have been blown up or whatever, and, no, she just 'blinked out' and returned to one of her other bodies a microsecond before the explosion). It's also neat that, unlike a duplicator like Madrox, Luornu's three selves were equally valid and real. There was no 'Lu Prime.' So any Lu could recombine with any other Lu, and in the case of one capable of long-range assimilation, she'd have multiple choices of which Lu she wanted to recombine with, depending on what location is more convenient. (Well, Una is on Earth, but Dua is on the Sorcerer's World, and that's where I'm needed right now...)

Before Legion of Three Worlds went with the 'summon tons of Lus' option, I even imagined that the meeting of different Legions from different parts of the multiverse might lead to Lu become quantum-entangled with her selves from other universes, since she 'had an open slot' because of her missing former selves, and ended up with the power to summon up AU versions of herself. "This is Lu from the universe where Robotica took over, she's half-robot, like Triplicate Tharok." "And this Lu became the first Carggite Green Lantern." "And this is Lu from the universe where I couldn't triplicate and shunned the pity of my peers and traveled to Sorcerer's World and bleached my skin and hair and grew antennae and became a witch..." Go all quantum Lu with it!

Just lots of ways this could go.

Extraordinary Member

All interesting ideas.

Saturn Girl of course

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The only part of that I quibble with is that the idea of someone developing a unique new power in a single sentence, with no explanation or deeper thought put into it, felt kind of weak. I'd love that sort of thing to be the center of an actual arc around Lu, or at least an issue, like the one where Cham goes to Durla to regain his shapeshifting ability.
    I look at it something that was probably always there -- but she wasnt' aware of it. All other Cargittes die when one of their triplicates dies, but Lu didn't. I think she may have been a mutant and always had the power to split into more than 3 people. But she just wasn't aware of it. Or maybe that ability didn't exist when she was very young -- when it would have been more likely to surface. It does seem that all of the crap she had to endure over the years would have kicked in the ability to create more duplicates. So I can agree that a little more background on how she discovered that ability would have been nice.

Extraordinary Member

I remember back in the 80s before the whole pocket universe thing came along (and kudos to Levitz for coming up with that one), I always thought it would be interesting to have one of Luornu's selves be in love with Chuck, while the other one was still in love with Superboy. I guess that's too soap opera but it would've been interesting if done right (and done for only a short period of time).

With 75 people having voted, the more popular ladies are:
    * Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen) = 41 votes
    * Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo) = 34 votes
    * Dawnstar = 33 votes
    * Dream Girl (Nura Nal) = 32 votes
    * Lightning Lass (Ayla Ranzz) = 27 votes
    * Sensor Girl (Princess Projectra) = 25 votes
    * Shadow Lass (Tasmia Mallor) = 25 votes
    * Triplicate Girl (Lournu Durgo) = 24 votes
    * White Witch (Mysa Nal) = 22 votes
    * XS (Jenni Ognats) = 21 votes

Astonishing Member

That's a good list and ranking. The only female Legionnaire I couldn't stand was Kono. I wasn't a big fan of Monstress, and didn't like when they re-introduced Jeckie as Jeka the giant female snake. It was an interesting twist, but it hurt that all of the development with Jeckie as Sensor Girl was thrown out the window -- again.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I don't come around the DC boards often since nu52 turned me off of almost every book, I had to show some love for my fave Legion characters. Projectra is one of my top 3 characters of all time, I love her so much. The Baxter series became my obsession when I discovered the character in an old issue of SuperBoy and the Legion I found at a flea market. It was the 5YL era when I did and I went back and got every single issue of the Baxter series from back issue bins or the then burgeoning EBay. LOL.
    I agree with the poster who said Jeckie killing Nemesis Kid should be one of those HUGE comic book moments that is always remembered but with the diminishing returns on LOSH as a property that importance and impact went away. That is one of my favorite pages in a comic book ever. It is so beautifully done.

Also voted for White Witch, Dream Girl, Saturn Girl, and Dawnstar.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Extraordinary Member

I thought Kid Quantum was male. Guess I was wrong.

The first Kid Quantum was male. His sister was Kid Quantum 2.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The first was KQ was James Cullen. In the reboot era he wore a belt that gave him stasis powers. His belt failed him and he died fighting Tangleweb in one of teh teams first missions. This led to the Legions rule about no artifcial powered people being allowed on the team. His sister Jazmin underwent body modifications to internalize the powers her brother had and joined the Legion as Kid Quantum 2.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The first Kid Quantum was male. His sister was Kid Quantum 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The first was KQ was James Cullen. In the reboot era he wore a belt that gave him stasis powers. His belt failed him and he died fighting Tangleweb in one of teh teams first missions. This led to the Legions rule about no artifcial powered people being allowed on the team. His sister Jazmin underwent body modifications to internalize the powers her brother had and joined the Legion as Kid Quantum 2.

The best one was female.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. I didn't read very much of the reboots.