Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Exactly, those details are too incomprehensible, that's why I say very probably nobody will take this into account, and if they investigate more in the past of blink 616, which I think they have not done yet, it will be a young Asian girl.
    which is the visualization that most is had of her by the public and Marvel.

Let's remember blink 616 is practically a canvas blank person, relatively recently we saw her being released by Selene, and the last relevant appearance she had was helping Selene and Cable fight against some Externals, but she did not mention anything about her past childhood or anything But we still see her with a very Asian look and facial and hair features.

It is very obvious to me that most of the bets are that blink 616 will be Asian, or maybe Latin?
    but I lean more towards Asian.
    Could be Native American. There WERE tribes in the Bahamas before the British built plantations manned by slaves. Not all of the Natives got killed off. But this seems unlikely though.
    And before they go out with Monet and her hair because I see that coming, Monet herself is only 50% black she is biracial, and we know that both Monet her sisters and Marius inherited the straight hair from her mother that it was not black.
    Actually... what DO we know about Monet's ethnic heritage?

1: her paternal grandfather is a "white" rich guy from Monaco.(25% white)

2: she was born in Algeria to a woman who was seemingly an Algerian Berber.(50% Berber)

3: we don't see her paternal grandmother but her father has darker skin than his father did, so her paternal grandmother wasn't "white". (25% unknown)

So, by that logic 25% "black" at most.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Could be Native American. There WERE tribes in the Bahamas before the British built plantations manned by slaves. Not all of the Natives got killed off. But this seems unlikely though.

2: she was born in Algeria to a woman who was seemingly an Algerian Berber.(50% Berber)

3: we don't see her paternal grandmother but her father has darker skin than his father did, so her paternal grandmother wasn't "white". (25% unknown)

Yes yes and yes .

Completely agree, dark skin does not make you black, in fact you gave a very valid example before, will have it from India people, the Hindus, although their tones vary a large percentage, it is dark but with straight hair, and how informative people from the India classify as Caucasian / White race.

With Monet we know she is biracial ( or mix ) so neither she nor her sisters nor her psychopathic brother have the ethnic hair of blacks, on the contrary they have very straight hair, which, as we know, was inherited from their mother who is not black.

With Monet, some authors and artists complain a lot about the whitewashing of some authors and artists, and what is the problem?
    Monet is obviously a biracial ( or mixt) woman so you can play around with that.

Ultimate Member

Well not everyone from Africa is black, as for Kwannon, well most of those panels that were on the last page were supposed to be of Betsy's original body and Kwannon's body mixed together, so it wasn't a straight up bodyswap like some want to declare it to be...

Good point, agreed With this .

loa is the only one ?
    There is Mondo too, who is Samoan.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    There is Mondo too, who is Samoan.
    True, how could I forget Lindo lol, but in any case it would only be two, right? Mondo and Loa ,.
    The girl with the face of a shark was not also of that Ethnicity?
    I'm not sure with her.

Shark-Girl's from Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

For a while, I had been wondering which ethnicity is Santo Vaccarro, a.k.a Rockslide. Thanks to his rocky exterior from mutation, it's hard to tell his race. With his real name, I presume that he is either Hispanic or an Italian-American.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    For a while, I had been wondering which ethnicity is Santo Vaccarro, a.k.a Rockslide. Thanks to his rocky exterior from mutation, it's hard to tell his race. With his real name, I presume that he is either Hispanic or an Italian-American.
    Well, if we are based on his surname " Vacarro", he should be Italian, or of Italian descent.

Extraordinary Member

Now talking about real life history.

in fact the Lebanese and some other Arab countries more than 80% have super black hair and dark eyes, and surprise they are white Caucasian.
    Because Hispanics were created by the Conquistadors "mingling" with the various Native American groups. Some look "white" because they take after their Spanish ancestry more than the native side. "Black" Latinos come from further mixing with other groups, since none of the Native American groups has skin that dark.
    As for M..... dark skin doesn't automatically make you "black". For example we have the people of India and Sri Lanka. In her case, we know several of her ancestors were "white" people from Monaco. But... what was the other side? Algerians.... probably Berbers.... not "black". Since you like real-world demographics.... yeah... the real world demographics of Algeria don't have "black" people. Algeria is almost entirely Arabs and Berbers, and the Berbers are the darker skinned group. What's the difference? well.. facial features for one. Monet's typically been drawn with features appropriate for a Berber woman. Is that definitively what the creator intended? I dunno, but the facts seem to fit.
    Completely agree, dark skin does not make you black, in fact you gave a very valid example before, will have it from India people, the Hindus, although their tones vary a large percentage, it is dark but with straight hair, and how informative people from the India classify as Caucasian / White race.

There are some black arabs and black berbers in algeria by the way.
    If there are some in morocco then there are some some in algeria and i seen some anyway in both countries.
    There are other blacks in algeria too from other states in africa that came in over time.
    Now there are some indians that are black,white and asiatic race types in india and other places in south asia most are brown today(intermediate race types).

Miss Algeria beauty queen Khadija Ben Hamou hits back at racist abuse
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46810367

Note -not all Lebanese are white and there are some black and white and asiatic looking types latinos did not mix or do not have any other admixture with other race groups.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Now talking about real life history.

There are some black arabs and black berbers in algeria by the way.
    If there are some in morocco then there are some some in algeria and i seen some anyway in both countries.
    There are other blacks in algeria too from other states in africa that came in over time.
    Now there are some indians that are black,white and asiatic race types in india and other places in south asia most are brown today(intermediate race types).

Miss Algeria beauty queen Khadija Ben Hamou hits back at racist abuse
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46810367

Note -not all Lebanese are white and there are some black and white and asiatic looking types latinos did not mix or do not have any other admixture with other race groups.
    The main point is, Monet's mother.
    she was not black ... there are images of her and SHe look with her children, and Monet is physically an Algerian only a little darker, nothing more.

And as I said another point is the extremely straight and black hair that is very Algerian for example, if Monet's mother were black she would have typical ethnic hair, but it is not the case, Monet's mother had very straight hair, the same than their 4 children.

________

Monet has all the physical looks of an Arab or Algerian woman in her case, just a little more tanned.

the Lebanese if they are white .... the same thing happens as the Hindus, some have white skin others are a little darker but they are Caucasian.

And most of the Lebanese are white, the Lebanese who are black is like it happens in any country, because of foreigners who resided there, I am half Lebanese so I know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-11-2021 at 06:49 AM.

As they already said in another point, having a little darker skin does not make a certain person black ... nor does it exclude them from being white or Caucasian, I insist many Arab countries and the Hindus are proof of this.

Most Latinos, although in appearance some are white or black, they are MESTIZOS because it is due to their parents, grandparents or great-grandparents, they have a mixture of indigenous white and black blood, depending more or less it depends on the country and region, that is why there is so much diversity of tones of skin among Latinos.

Secondly.

those who can be called white or black etc ... Latinos are those who are direct children of foreigners from other countries, Arab Europeans etc ... but those who have been there for several generations even when they really look like a certain type they have the mixture of the three races.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-12-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Shark-Girl's from Brazil.
    I actually like her.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I actually like her.
    Me too. We need more animalistic mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

that's 4 different artists in that strip. Yeah the first one is Joe Madureira. Second one is Trevor McCarthy. Third is Jim Calafiore. Fourth is David López. Not of them drew her with the facial features she has in the 2018, and they certainly didn't draw her with short curly hair!.
    lol now we going on hair texture? Had no idea everyone was an expert on ethnic hair. Hair? Something as mutable as that? So its extremely rare for chicks to change their hair? I mean Im gay and even I knowithat’s BS. Shadowcat, Magma both had curly/wavy hair Amara is now rocking straight blonde hair and kitty just went back to her shebrew hair after it was straight last few years. Lol Blink doesnt even have the same skin color in those pics. But that’s totally understandable….cury hair! NOOO!!
    As for M..... dark skin doesn't automatically make you "black". For example we have the people of India and Sri Lanka. In her case, we know several of her ancestors were "white" people from Monaco. But... what was the other side? Algerians.... probably Berbers.... not "black". Since you like real-world demographics.... yeah... the real world demographics of Algeria don't have "black" people. Algeria is almost entirely Arabs and Berbers, and the Berbers are the darker skinned group. What's the difference? well.. facial features for one. Monet's typically been drawn with features appropriate for a Berber woman. Is that definitively what the creator intended? I dunno, but the facts seem to fit..
    Hmmm bet thats sounds similar to what Ms. Algeria heard when she won in 2019. Smdh.
    OH she has? Are there a lot of berber women in comics that you can confidently say for sure what facial features are exclusive to their ethnic background? For that matter its not like theres a plethora of black women in comics/X-men. I mean look at how Storm is drawn in Blinks first issue she has the same facial features as the other women. It wasnt even until recently that theres been a call to not just have diversity be skin deep hence Bllinks ethnic coming out...
    Not sure how I missed that... maybe because it's a throwaway line, I dunno. But yeah.... AoA blink was said to have been born in the Bahamas in 2001 apparently... of course that doesn't make her black.... I mean seriously.... Is she drawn to look like it? Did the writer actually pay attention to the real world demographics? I suspect not. It wasn't until the 2018 series that we see any of her relatives. And no mention is made of her ethnic background prior to then either. Whether it "makes sense" or not... it's what it is..
    I mean I picked up on it, and I was a just a kid...yeah I guess being from an area where blacks make up about 92% of the pop. doesn’t make you black, but why would anyone assume differently. Is she drawn to look like it?? Lol shes got purple/pink/ skin, no iris’s, elf ears….what part of that descrip is attributed to which race? Well yeah no its been mentioned a few times soooo whats the prob.

[QUOTE=marhawkman;5725684]This is why I was pointing out that that picture of her as a child was from the 2018 series.... it drastically changed the way she looked. [QUOTE] it changed her hair...shes still pink/purple lol
    The 2018 story was treating the history of AoA and 616 as the same thing prior to Apocalypse's conquest... thing is... that was a very short period seemingly. The panel you posted suggests the rise of Apocalypse came when Blink was 8. .
    Was she not?
    Don't remember it was one of the early ones with her I think. Thing is "Jubilation" isn't Chinese in any way. Xi Qing is an approximate translation. But her name isn't Xi Qing, it's Jubilation.
    huh? Dude in my personal experience a lot of Asian American chicks have non-Chinese’ first names. The other thing I just remembered here last name is Lee. Liiiiike Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    TCartoon Jubilee was a foster kid who kept getting shuffled around and she turned into a street-smart wisecracker. And how are Chinese girls supposed to act? This sounds like CCP propaganda.
    Lol riiight
    Thanks, I didn't know about blink but it sure is the Clarise 616?
    I have serious doubts that she is the same, I say it because we know there are versions of other universe that sometimes are another racial rule, it is not very common but it has been seen.
    What ‘racial rule’ would AoA Blink be contradicting??
    Damn I like how everyones Victorian Anthropolgist is coming out. lol

And Blink said it because although we could not determine his ethnicity well, the truth did not seem black to me, I say it specifically because of his facial features, and especially because of his hair, which is not the ethnic hair that black people have at all, and there it is. A girl does have it and regardless of her purple skin if it shows, she is a black girl because of her physical characteristics and hair, but her adolescent version 616 is extremely different so I doubt she is the same, but her first appearance in 616 she was very young, She was barely a teenager, and she had straight hair, hair that she still has to this day, and blink 616 was also trapped in another plane for a long time and her hair continues to be that of a white person (or Asian or Latino), not that of a Black girl, I can also argue her version of AOA that she also didn't have the ethnic hair of a black woman, so I don't know, and I don't think that blink 616 or if AOA version had time to get chemical treatments on it.
    l hair or use wigs lol..
    Errrr oook
    I wouldn’t call Blink’s hair straight inh er first appearance it was cut very low and pulled straight up. Perhaps you aren’t around a lot of black girls buut I knnow thier hair comes in different ‘types’ my multiracial (still black) need merely the cheapest of straighterners to straighten their hair. Why would you thinking someone with pink skin, elf ears, would have hair to adhere to normal humans? lol but even if it did they obviously had some sort of regiment, the guys were clean shaven etc.

And before they go out with Monet and her hair because I see that coming, Monet herself is only 50% black she is biracial, and we know that both Monet her sisters and Marius inherited the straight hair from her mother that it was not black..
    Errrr thats not how it works lol

even though there are people who are very stubborn and dissatisfied about it, facts> theories.
    Lol ikr
    If I must be honest and I Say what ethnicity the blink 616 or the AOA is, I am sure it will be an Asian girl, or white or Latin, but not black, I say it from the aforementioned, I do not know from what land is the little blink will be with ethnic hair, but I'm pretty sure it's not his 616 version or her AoA version..
    Lol it is… be mad?

And if we go to the three different versions that it has had in film and television, Film, The Gifted Series, and the animated series Wolverine and the XMen, in all three we clearly see an Asian girl, so I think Marvel already has her completely identified like an asian girl.
    Except the Exiles series clearly establishes she’s black and the series is more inline with the 616 verse.

Which is why that 2018 Exiles series is weird.... it's supposedly AoA blink, but has her with short curly hair most of the time as if she was always like that.
    so no mention her skin going from light purple to pink to lavender….oook lol

Could be Native American. There WERE tribes in the Bahamas before the British built plantations manned by slaves. Not all of the Natives got killed off. But this seems unlikely though. .
    Zaaaamn the reach is strong lol smdh

Lol the math
    Lets just nip this in the bud...in a march episode of the epic marvel podcast in an interview with Scott Lobdell he mentions creating M as a black Wonder Woman character. soooo
    Yes yes and yes .

With Monet we know she is biracial ( or mix ) so neither she nor her sisters nor her psychopathic brother have the ethnic hair of blacks, on the contrary they have very straight hair, which, as we know, was inherited from their mother who is not black.

With Monet, some authors and artists complain a lot about the whitewashing of some authors and artists, and what is the problem?
    Monet is obviously a biracial ( or mixt) woman so you can play around with that.
    Again thats not how it works lol
    GrindrStone(D)