Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Matter of fact show me a list of modern white priestesses in Africa and you got me sold. LMAO

edit: only thing i could find linked to black magic. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7595841.stm Not like bad black magic but them practices even she was following.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If Kurt were a girl.... well.... Logan was never against the blue in a woman but see here he doesn't have to look over his shoulder with Kurt and they are heck of a lot more compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If you think deeply enough about it, you would have to rewrite the history of a majority of characters whose races are changed.
    Not Jean you can race bend her or rogue or mystique without literally changing one single thing or line. Same for Scott, Same for Hellion. Bobby can come from any conservative family. Angel could be the son of quincy jones and it still works.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Can race also include a nationality shift? Because for Wind Dancer, being full-white, or any race instead of biracial wouldn't have much of an effect. But being born in America would take away some of the friction she has with her father; he had put a lot of pressure on her to learn English and be more Americanized for him. Just her being a mutant and losing control in public would make her lose some of the uniqueness of her story and water down their dynamic.

If she was changed into a guy, it'd be funny to see how things play out with Hellion. Sofia's dad would be pissed to have an openly gay son, and I can see Sofia get more and more fed up with him as it becomes clearer that he can never live up to his father's expectations. Would Julian be openly gay/bi and embrace it as a power move? Would he be afraid to come out and try to date Sofia in secret? Or would he just stay in denial, because he doesn't want to ruin big Big Man on Campus image? I feel like it'd be pretty interesting, since the writers could put more emphasis on their upper-crust, elite families who are very traditional - it's just one more thing that makes their kids "different."
    Last edited by Rift; 09-05-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not Jean you can race bend her or rogue or mystique without literally changing one single thing or line. Same for Scott, Same for Hellion. Bobby can come from any conservative family. Angel could be the son of quincy jones and it still works.
    Just so long as Jean and Rogue keep their hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Just so long as Jean and Rogue keep their hair.
    There are black woman that have red hair. The genetic mismatch is human, not white.

Even the actress on falcon and winter soilder who was black was a natural red head.

edit: i actually have a few cousins with red hair.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

There are black woman that have red hair. The genetic mismatch is human, not white.

Even the actress on falcon and winter soilder who was black was a natural red head.

edit: i actually have a few cousins with red hair.
    She has red hair because she’s BIPOC. One of her parents was Irish most likely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Imagine: Cyclops, Beast, Angel, and Iceman are all women, with Jean being the only male. lol!
    And then throw in all the girls hitting on the one guy in the school and the X-Men would be broken up within a week.

I don't like the idea or race/gender swaps on characters at all. Very rarely does it work. The rare time it worked for me was Ghost in Ant-Man and The Wasp. Taskmaster in Black Widow was an epic fail for me.

Just one fans opinion...but characters should stay as close to their comic book inspiration as much as possible.

However if it is OK to make a white character a person of color...the opposite should be OK as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And then throw in all the girls hitting on the one guy in the school and the X-Men would be broken up within a week.
    No, America gets a headstart on the harem genre and corners the market before Japan can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    She has red hair because she’s BIPOC. One of her parents was Irish most likely.
    Whateves i guess my cousins parents are isrish too. Either way doesn't matter in america one drop ya black and that's where this particular product originates. so...Hey.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But just to add science to fake theories and misconceptions. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...781c267ab84151 unless the irsh people are all genetic anomalies it ain't the reason. Or they created the genetic defect which i don't think people are saying.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

But just to add science to fake theories and misconceptions. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...781c267ab84151 unless the irsh people are all genetic anomalies it ain't the reason. Or they created the genetic defect which i don't think people are saying.
    So I guess I’m not fully sure what youre meaning. So let me elaborate a bit if maybe I said something wrong. Redhead is a phenotype that is most commonly associated within the populations of Ireland and some of the UK. A redhead is not the same as a ginger, which is what I assume you are talking about with “genetic defect” the ones who are associated with “lack of soul”. While they do seem similar they are not the same thing. But most redheads originate from a specific geographical location. Gingers I think can come about from different means but I’m not totally sure

I hope that makes that a bit more clear. I called the woman in the picture BIPOC which means biracial person of color. At no point did I reference a one drop rule. She is a part of more than one culture. Anyway hope they clears up my meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So I guess I’m not fully sure what youre meaning. So let me elaborate a bit if maybe I said something wrong. Redhead is a phenotype that is most commonly associated within the populations of Ireland and some of the UK. A redhead is not the same as a ginger, which is what I assume you are talking about with “genetic defect” the ones who are associated with “lack of soul”. While they do seem similar they are not the same thing. But most redheads originate from a specific geographical location. Gingers I think can come about from different means but I’m not totally sure

I hope that makes that a bit more clear. I called the woman in the picture BIPOC which means biracial person of color. At no point did I reference a one drop rule. She is a part of more than one culture. Anyway hope they clears up my meaning
    Cool. I get your point now. It's a sensitive topic for me as i've said before i have cousins with red hair and my own siblings and i look like a black rainbow ranging from milky white to dark black and it's always someone trying to tell black people what they aren't or what they have to be mixed with to be who they are. let people claim themselves not put labels on them because of assumptions. My sister in particular her hair was more reddish when she was younger and got darkerr as an adult i have one cousin who both his parents are dark and he has red hair and does fit under the albino catergory but then i have another who has red hair that doesn't quite fit that mold. Just seems like a weak statement to make and that was prob the first time i actually did get annoyed in this thread so i def apologize if it came off as snotty which on second read it could have. These are mutants anyone can have red hair. (meaning xmen) Beast got luxurious blue fur.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Can race also include a nationality shift? Because for Wind Dancer, being full-white, or any race instead of biracial wouldn't have much of an effect. But being born in America would take away some of the friction she has with her father; he had put a lot of pressure on her to learn English and be more Americanized for him. Just her being a mutant and losing control in public would make her lose some of the uniqueness of her story and water down their dynamic.
    Well.... categorizing people as "red/yellow/black/white".... is probably the most culturally insensitive thing you can do as regards to ethnic identity, and overall ethnic identity matters more than the color of your skin.

Also I would argue that Storm IS bi-racial since her parents came from two very different ethnic groups. David Monroe was born and raised in the US, while N'Dare was from somewhere in Kenya. I can't think of anything major that would change if David's ethnicity changed though. Most of what we know about that side of the family was left unrevealed until Ororo married T'Challa, and the writer decided that all of Storm's living relatives should come to the wedding.... and had to create those characters(paternal grandmother and a cousin) since her parents had been canonically dead for all 40 years of publication history up until then. Yeah, we don't really know much about David's life before he met N'Dare and moved to Cairo.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well.... categorizing people as "red/yellow/black/white".... is probably the most culturally insensitive thing you can do as regards to ethnic identity, and overall ethnic identity matters more than the color of your skin.

Also I would argue that Storm IS bi-racial since her parents came from two very different ethnic groups. David Monroe was born and raised in the US, while N'Dare was from somewhere in Kenya. I can't think of anything major that would change if David's ethnicity changed though. Most of what we know about that side of the family was left unrevealed until Ororo married T'Challa, and the writer decided that all of Storm's living relatives should come to the wedding.... and had to create those characters(paternal grandmother and a cousin) since her parents had been canonically dead for all 40 years of publication history up until then. Yeah, we don't really know much about David's life before he met N'Dare and moved to Cairo.
    Thank you! Thank You! so much truth i would also callher biracial as i consider myself as well. My mother is genenrations old american and my day is jamacian. like born there, legalized here before i was a thought.

But i would disagree on david given how big it is for him to be an african american photojournalist at a time when america was really not friendly to black people. We don't know much about him but just knowing that there is an innate history there.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.