Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    The reason redheads in European countries are different is it has to do with producing more pheomelanin which creates reddish or orange pigmentation. It's a issue wih the Mr1c receptor that was developed in colder climates where skin did not need to worry so much about the sun. Due to the lack of sun and heat Europeans were able to develop certain traits that isn't possible in hotter climates. Red and blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin etc etc.

I assume Europeans did in fact immigrate from Africa but due to millions of evolution changed into the white people we see today
    Another theory is that the first people were in the Middle East, and thus the first Humans were in the middle of the modern day spectrum of appearance. In part because of just how many cultural groups are closer to the mid-range than the dark end.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Another theory is that the first people were in the Middle East, and thus the first Humans were in the middle of the modern day spectrum of appearance. In part because of just how many cultural groups are closer to the mid-range than the dark end.
    I assume you're talking about the skull found in Greece that seems to suggest earliest human ancestors came from Europe and not Africa as previously thought. It is not out of the realm of possibility that this is true. I have never checked to see if they found more skulls but if it does turn out to be true that would be a huge thing that would reshape how we view our history. Most history at this point suggests Africa. But hey you never know

Science is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I assume you're talking about the skull found in Greece that seems to suggest earliest human ancestors came from Europe and not Africa as previously thought. It is not out of the realm of possibility that this is true. I have never checked to see if they found more skulls but if it does turn out to be true that would be a huge thing that would reshape how we view our history. Most history at this point suggests Africa. But hey you never know

Science is fun
    A key thing to consider with the "out-of-Africa" hypothesis is that it... presumes that everyone migrated through the Middle East at some point. Thus... migration patterns are the same regardless of if the point of origin was in or near Africa.

Another wrinkle is the idea that "modern" Humans... are actually the result of several older sub-species of Human intermixing. This has been found on several ancient skeletons. Soo... seemingly multiple "races" have existed for longer than Human history as we know it? But it gets better... when you notice that the various cases of this... actually have different admixtures of genetic traits.... Hmm..... how many points of origin were there?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    A key thing to consider with the "out-of-Africa" hypothesis is that it... presumes that everyone migrated through the Middle East at some point. Thus... migration patterns are the same regardless of if the point of origin was in or near Africa.

Another wrinkle is the idea that "modern" Humans... are actually the result of several older sub-species of Human intermixing. This has been found on several ancient skeletons. Soo... seemingly multiple "races" have existed for longer than Human history as we know it? But it gets better... when you notice that the various cases of this... actually have different admixtures of genetic traits.... Hmm..... how many points of origin were there?
    While not all modern humans there is indeed evidence ancient humans interbreeds with Neanderthals as well as a not fully known sub species that they believed to be Homo Erectus. If I'm remembering correctly modern day Asians had the most amount of DNA in common with Neanderthal. I could be wrong on that.

I think the thing that is interesting is we start as one thing then through evolution and seperation. And though diet, weather, sickness and other factors we became a lot different from each other. It's actually interesting to think about are we going to develop in ways where the races we have now develop into completely different species over the next thousands of years? Who we are now could be completely different

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Imagine: Cyclops, Beast, Angel, and Iceman are all women, with Jean being the only male. lol!
    I know you mean Gene
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I know you mean Gene
    lol. Some men go by Jean, too, though. :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I know you mean Gene
    Jean is a male name in french speaking countries (see Jean-Luc Piccard), which comes from the old french name Jehan, which in turn is actualy the source of the female name Jean too (female form of Jehan is Jehanne, which developed into Jane which developed into Jean via the scottish language).

Which means both the male and the female name Jean have the same origin and meaning ("Yahweh is gracious"). So in theory Jean could stay Jean, he would just have his name pronounced differently.

Alternatively, Jehan also developed into the name John and Sean (gaelic version of Jean). So male Jean Grey could be John or Sean Grey.

Gene meanwhile comes from eugene, which has it's source in the greek word eugenēs (meaning "well born"). So while it would sound similar, it would not be the same as the male form of Jean.

Yeah sorry for ruining the joke via pointless informations.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-06-2021 at 05:25 PM.

If you made Storm male she would no longer have access to her magical potential that was passed down through the line, so probably no white hair or blue eyes.
    If you made her white and female it would essentially be a new character as she was linked directly to the plights of harlem through her father and being specifically a kenyan princess linked to the real life balboa queens.

If you made Rogue male i think it would be fire. Lol. Rogue could be fluid and it would be interesting imo seeing how he would sneak absorb people as i doubt most will be as open to those rogue cartoon kisses.
    If Rogue was race bent not much would change though i do have a hard time envisioning an Asian southern bell but i am they exist. Thinking about it i kind of want to see an Asian southern bell now.

Cyclops not much would change with race but if Scott was female i don't think she would be the leader she is now because lets be honest, the world loves women but the world hates women so being in the system i don't know how cyclops would have turned out though that ability would have kept people away so maybe Scott would come off sort of like a female rogue in that sense.

ICeman- he could be male, female, black, white, orange and nothing would change, same with Angel though if he was black i promise you he would have been some entertainers rich kid rather than the son of a multi conglomerate. Is sunspot like the only rich black dude in the MU who isn't a king? Like i really can't think of any filthy rich black men in marvel or women for that matter.

Jean- Nothing much would change but if she was black Sara would still be a live because a sis would have been like "hol up hol up HOLD ALL the way up."

Shrio- He could be female with little changing but being japanese is intergral to his core.

Emma- No real changes except imo if she was another race she probably would have been the stripper she always wanted to be (hollywood would feel more than free to go there. jmo) She would def be a telepathic stripper that made good.

Dazzler- Now this could be cool male, female, any race. I could so see dazzler hitting that puerto rican reggae.

Jubilee- Honestly jubilee could be any race or gender and not much would change. I guess the most recent story i didn't read people said she honored chines tradition so perhaps that is the only thing i could think of that would change.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ.
    He has already been race bent. ^___^ If he was gender bent i don't think there would be a bible today.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If you made Storm male she would no longer have access to her magical potential that was passed down through the line, so probably no white hair or blue eyes.
    If you made her white and female it would essentially be a new character as she was linked directly to the plights of harlem through her father and being specifically a kenyan princess linked to the real life balboa queens.

If you made Rogue male i think it would be fire. Lol. Rogue could be fluid and it would be interesting imo seeing how he would sneak absorb people as i doubt most will be as open to those rogue cartoon kisses.
    If Rogue was race bent not much would change though i do have a hard time envisioning an Asian southern bell but i am they exist. Thinking about it i kind of want to see an Asian southern bell now.

Cyclops not much would change with race but if Scott was female i don't think she would be the leader she is now because lets be honest, the world loves women but the world hates women so being in the system i don't know how cyclops would have turned out though that ability would have kept people away so maybe Scott would come off sort of like a female rogue in that sense.

ICeman- he could be male, female, black, white, orange and nothing would change, same with Angel though if he was black i promise you he would have been some entertainers rich kid rather than the son of a multi conglomerate. Is sunspot like the only rich black dude in the MU who isn't a king? Like i really can't think of any filthy rich black men in marvel or women for that matter.

Jean- Nothing much would change but if she was black Sara would still be a live because a sis would have been like "hol up hol up HOLD ALL the way up."

Shrio- He could be female with little changing but being japanese is intergral to his core.

Emma- No real changes except imo if she was another race she probably would have been the stripper she always wanted to be (hollywood would feel more than free to go there. jmo) She would def be a telepathic stripper that made good.

Dazzler- Now this could be cool male, female, any race. I could so see dazzler hitting that puerto rican reggae.

Jubilee- Honestly jubilee could be any race or gender and not much would change. I guess the most recent story i didn't read people said she honored chines tradition so perhaps that is the only thing i could think of that would change.
    Your obliviousness to your own bias, arrogance, and flippant attitude, especially in regards to race, is staggering.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-06-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Your levels of obliviousness to your own bias, arrogance, and flippant attitude, especially in regards to race, is staggering.
    Sorry i'm not giving you the answers you want. I answered the question the way i felt. But you can keep name calling if you want. It's not personal to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Think about it deeply before you answer. This could be a fun and interesting thread.

So, how would you change any given character? Would you change their sex, race, or both? Why? Also, how would doing so change their history and personality? What other changes would happen as a result of changing their sex and race?
    This was the question and i answered it in detail.

edit: please lighten up it's not that serious someone can be serious and tongue and cheek at the same time. these are not real people.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-06-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Jean is a male name in french speaking countries (see Jean-Luc Piccard), which comes from the old french name Jehan, which in turn is actualy the source of the female name Jean too (female form of Jehan is Jehanne, which developed into Jane which developed into Jean via the scottish language).

Which means both the male and the female name Jean have the same origin and meaning ("Yahweh is gracious"). So in theory Jean could stay Jean, he would just have his name pronounced differently.

Alternatively, Jehan also developed into the name John and Sean (gaelic version of Jean). So male Jean Grey could be John or Sean Grey.

Gene meanwhile comes from eugene, which has it's source in the greek word eugenēs (meaning "well born"). So while it would sound similar, it would not be the same as the male form of Jean.

Yeah sorry for ruining the joke via pointless informations.
    I did not know this! Thank you for sharing, and no, it's not pointless information.

Sorry i'm not giving you the answers you want. I answered the question the way i felt. But you can keep name calling if you want. It's not personal to me.
    Actually, I didn't call you a name. I listed characteristics.

This was the question and i answered it in detail.
    This is a fair point. I suppose I am still irritated by our exchange yesterday. The fact that you continue to distinguish Storm as the only character whose history would change profoundly if her race were changed not only doesn't help but is also very telling. I suppose you are implying that the experiences and stations in life of men and women of all races are equal unless, of course, they have royal and magical ancestry... 😂 Wow. Yeah, okay.

edit: please lighten up it's not that serious someone can be serious and tongue and cheek at the same time. these are not real people.
    I really would suggest taking your own advice.

Please let's just move on.