Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    One More Day is pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever read
    That one and House of M are always in my top 5 when it comes to stupidest storylines in comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That one and House of M are always in my top 5 when it comes to stupidest storylines in comic books.
    See I guess I am really odd. I love House of M. Well not so much the main story but all of the tie ins and spin offs like House of M Avengers, House of M Masters of Evil
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This bugs me also. Like in the Nolan Batman when Batman tells Gordan he needs a few minutes with the crime scene before his people contaminate it. That made me mad. I mean I get Gotham does not have the best cops and some are corrupt But damn there has to be someone good at their job in that city.
    That's basically the Sherlock Holmes syndrome. Scotland Yard detectives (who, in the real world, were the best of the best) are portrayed as incompetent idiots (as was Watson) to make Holmes look great. But it's basically greatness by everyone else jobbing.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's basically the Sherlock Holmes syndrome. Scotland Yard detectives (who, in the real world, were the best of the best) are portrayed as incompetent idiots (as was Watson) to make Holmes look great. But it's basically greatness by everyone else jobbing.
    Watson took a real beating in film. In the original, while definitely not the equal of Holmes' genius, Watson was very capable.

Love the character as I do (and his creator), Ditko saddled Electro with one of the dopiest masks in all costumedom.

785f77ede063716fb060b8c285e1fe92.jpg

Another entry for this thread would be...

Secret Wars II
    (1985)

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So with all of the comics the members of this board have read over the years which plots/stories/characters do you think are the goofiest? Like the ones you think of and ga "Man thats just dumb!"

For me it is easy. Paste Pot Pete for character. The guy creates a paste that is powerful enough to make grown men stick to the ground, halt speeding cars and honest to god stops a rocket mid flight. The years of lab work needed to create this must have been amazing. And what does he decide to do? Rob banks for a few hundred bucks for money. Why? Cant he just sell the paste and make millions? Wouldnt the government just jump at the chance to buy a substance that can halt enemy vehicles and rockets with no effort and that is clearly so easy to make a dude can do it in his basement?

Also why dont the government reverse engineer it and other weapons from bad guys and super villains to have that tech themselves? You always see in comics when the bad guys escape from jail and their weapons are just in some weapons closet. Why arnt they in some lab being looked at? Remember that issue of Amazing Spiderman they just gave The Beetle his suit back? Really? Why did the government not take the suit and make it and enhance it and have their own set of beetle suits or The Shockers weapon?
    Pre-Crisis Lex Luthor and Sivana also used their scientific genius to rob banks when they could have founded a multi-billion dollar, Forbes 500 company which they didn't until after the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Captain Cold used his technology to rob banks and battle the Flash when he could sell it to the highest bidder.

Egghead also used his intellect to rob banks and fight the Ant-Man when he could have founded a company.

Dr. Doom, on the other hand used his scientific talents to take over the country. That was a very smart thing.

Dr. Octopus founded a Forbes 500 company while he was in Peter Parker's body. Why didn't he do it when he was Otto Octavius.

Vulture used his technology to rob banks and fight Spider-Man when he could sell it to the government.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 09-08-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Avengers #200 featured the WTF storytelling of Ms. Marvel's rape/pregnancy by her...son? Fucking 80's bro.

Invincible Member

I can't remember the issue number but the Ultimates by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch where Hawkeye has been captured by the bad guys and is strapped to a table. He escapes by pulling out his own fingernails and flicking them at two guards' mouths making them choke. Then threatening the doctor into releasing him. It's like...dude turn your head and he can't flick his nails at the sensitive parts of your face.

Mighty Member

From the 1970s House of Secrets: a bald headed kid is upset that his classmates eat hard boiled eggs, and even attacks the kids in a rage. His teacher says she's going to his house to talk to his father. The father is...Humpty Dumpty???

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Watson took a real beating in film. In the original, while definitely not the equal of Holmes' genius, Watson was very capable.

Love the character as I do (and his creator), Ditko saddled Electro with one of the dopiest masks in all costumedom.
    Somehow, Gene Colan mad it cool.

Though he botched it with Coit Tower here.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-08-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Somehow, Gene Colan mad it cool.

Though he botched it with Coit Tower here.
    Is this from Daredevil?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In the Secret Wars series, Doctor Doom uses the Beyonder's power to remove the scars from his face. Instead of using his science to restore his scarred face, he waits many years for a chance to usurp an omnipotent being's power and use it to restore his face. I thought Doom would prefer to keep his scars on his face to remind him of his hatred for Reed Richards.

I understand he wouldn't use sorcery to heal his face. He knew what happened to his mother, a sorceress. He understood the dark side of sorcery. That's why he refused Enchantress' offer to fix his face. But science is still an option for him.

Wasn't Doom able to restore Sharon Ventura's Thing body back to human form?

Mighty Member

Evil Ash prior to getting his face blown off.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was thinking of intentionally goofy, like The Fantastic Four Roast.

Not intentionally -- MAMMOMAX!