Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS for 73

the phrasing by the end of the article is odd. We'll just have to see what finally comes out when the issue is released.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    OMD was all about erasing the marriage from existence. There is NOTHING that says that they can't get back together.

I mean....I can understand this to an extent, but them getting back together is a victory in itself.

But yeah, I honestly would love for Peter, Miles, Ben and Otto to totally **** over Mephisto. Though that aspect won't happen unfortunately.
    F over Mephisto? I doubt it. More like Spencer and Marvel F’d over the readership. Marvel is even doing the same post JMS BS with the Beyond team. I am one who will not be following Beyond and it has absolutely nothing to do with Ben Reilly. Wake me up when and if OMD goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I do not count Sins Past as the single worst story ever......
    Indeed, that dubious honor goes to OMD, IMO. Sins Past was bad but you can ignore its existence if you try hard enough (its impact on the ongoing overall narrative is minimal) whereas OMD, umm, not so much. Both featured OOC behavior and nonsensical plots but Sins Past did not fundamentally change the status quo from that point onward by directly affecting every damn issue that followed, OMD did...
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-06-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Sins Past is a small fish compared to OMD.
    If the whole point of this run was to retcon it, I have to agree with xpyred - it was a waste of time and money.
    I couldn't have put it better myself. The primary character negatively affected by Sins Past was/is 616 Gwen Stacy. Unless they are going to bring her back for keeps (which I seriously doubt with the superior version Spider-Gwen around), there is little point in retconning the story, IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, that dubious honor goes to OMD, IMO. Sins Past was bad but you can ignore its existence if you try hard enough (its impact on the ongoing overall narrative is minimal) whereas OMD, umm, not so much. Both featured OOC behavior and nonsensical plots but Sins Past did not fundamentally change the status quo from that point onward by directly affecting every damn issue that followed, OMD did...
    There is no doubt OMD and BND (,especially that stupid cover) are the worst. Sins Past does not even rank bottom 5 for me ( The Other, Shed Silk, Year One and Abrams all worse).

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Nothing can as bad as those spoilers. Some of that drivel isn't even worthy of fan fiction standards.
    I'm intrigued now. I'll have to look them up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm intrigued now. I'll have to look them up.
    Here is one more reason to doubt the spoilers. Why on Earth did Nick Spencer rehash BND unless he had a good reason for it? I have not seen anyone bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Here is one more reason to doubt the spoilers. Why on Earth did Nick Spencer rehash BND unless he had a good reason for it? I have not seen anyone bring that up.
    In the "leaks" both Sins Past and OMD are addressed and resolved though. The "leaks" are obviously flawed as we have seen contradiction between the "leaker" between the spoiler pages bleeding cool posted. If you want my theory see my latest post on the issue 73 thread.

In a nutshell, my theory is that it's all about Sins Past to Kindred and simultaneously all about OMD to Mephisto and both will be addressed in the finale. If Spencer sticks the landing, I see it possible that he can kill those two birds with one stone in a satisfyingly way and everything we have seen up until this point serve a purpose and make sense.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-06-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Mia San Mia!

OMD was all about erasing the marriage from existence. There is NOTHING that says that they can't get back together.

I mean....I can understand this to an extent, but them getting back together is a victory in itself.

But yeah, I honestly would love for Peter, Miles, Ben and Otto to totally **** over Mephisto. Though that aspect won't happen unfortunately.
    - There is nothing that says that they can't get back together -

Tom Brevoort, Stephen Wacker, and Nick Lowe - Allow us to say our complain here -

To be fair, this whole OMD saga things will keep going until some guy can write a marriage drama that is grounded yet doesn't feel forced. Until then this marriage is a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Only thing that sounds legit from the spoilers is peter is in a coma

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Only thing that sounds legit from the spoilers is peter is in a coma
    I don't know if it is legit. A while ago Ron Frenz shared on his Facebook his variant cover for The Amazing Spider-Man #75. It depicts Spider-Peter and Spider-Ben fighting together U-Foes.

His description for the image was: Who You Callin'"VARIANT"?
    I always want to avoid spoilers here but since I've seen an Art Adams cover out there on the inter-webs with all of the same characters on it I figure it's safe to share this variant cover for an upcoming issue of my ol'pal Spider-Man!
    Inked by the incomparable Mr.Brett Breeding!

The source is here

Mighty Member

Guys, this was a cover for Sins Remembered! Cover art is not always indicative of the contents!!

5751333-9063143052-nboID7ewaQy-hZYv1oWAxnmAkt8-7RQTTr4ZLdopAvHWPifHDcpRoNPPPgGeW-wpiXMSi2ys2HvJ=.jpg
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Art Adams cover might be legit 062913A7-1409-4E15-9595-D553A40172B7.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Guys, this was a cover for Sins Remembered! Cover art is not always indicative of the contents!!
    But Ron Frenz considered his variant cover to be spoilerish, but he published it anyway when Adams main cover was revealed. So it has to do something with the contents. Besides, the cover you showed is not a good example. I remember this story well and Sarah really kissed Peter. Even MJ saw it and was little shocked, but Peter explained everything to her Btw, if Sarah has a genetic material from Peter, he is technically her father. Therefore she kissed her father Better the leaks not be true
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-07-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Ben was part of the earlier story but was cut out at the last minute around issue # 48