Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: SPOILERS for 73

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Kindred is probably Harry from hell possessing Sarah and Gabriel as vessels? The AI is telling them how he created Sarah and Gabriel.

There is definitely confusion on what is using the twins, the AI or Harry from hell.

I would think the latter, given the AI is a computer and talking to Norman, while Harry from hell would be in Sarah talking to MJ, and the fact that Harry talks about his experience in hell confronting Mysterio and Mephisto's involvement with Kindred in Sinister War hoping to get souls out of the whole thing.
    This makes sense.
    Maybe we'll get AI Harry in one body and Demon Harry in another body.

I can see why Spencer said that it doesn't matter who Kindred is. Now we just have to wait for #74 to hear what he wants.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Same boat here. I didn't know anything about the Sins Past storyline.

Reading this issue gave me a headache - not entertaining on its own merits, and even in context (after reading an explainer on Bleeding Cool), it still isn't appealing as a comic issue.

It only seems to be satisfying on a meta level, of making Gwen Stacy 'pure' again. But to get there, Spencer has to do a ton of convoluted gymnastics to retcon it away. The best retcons are elegant and straightforward, and this ain't that.
    Another thing is I don’t think the art is any better than average either. You wouldn’t think Spider-Man was one of the premier characters being lumbered with something like this.

Still don’t explain how did kindred kill Spider-Man over and over again and kept bringing him back
    Why didn’t Harry possessed the other Harry ?
    Instead of the Stacy kids

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I don't understand what Kindred is anymore.
    An AI somehow controlling Stacy Clones? How does that work? He installed 5G or Wi-Fi in them? How the hell did he kill Spider-Man like 7 times?

It's too convoluted. Story should be easier to understand, like:
    - Kindred is preOMD Harry
    - Post OMD Harry is a clone
    - Mephisto is behind this

Retcon of Sins Past is welcome, but this is all so unbelievably convoluted, it hurts my head. Also, not a fan seeing Stacy Twins now, 73 issues in the story... With no mention earlier. Geez...
    I certainly am no fan of the Stacy Twins, but if OMD is erased I can live with it. It is important to note that Spencer’s run ( like it or not), was NOT about Sins Past ( otherwise it would have been saved for 874).it is also important to note that multiple AU Spider-Man stories have had Peter married to MJ ( usually with kids) and if Quesada was running things that would not be happening. I know Slott gave credit to Quesada for letting him write RYV, but this is essentially kissing you know what. We also know OMD is the 900 pound gorilla on Peter’s back, and as long as that comic is in canon, he cannot grow as a character. We also know, that there are multiple Spider characters some of which ( like Miles and Gwen can be the kid instead of Peter). Finally, we know that Nick Spencer is quite aware that if he gets rid of three of the most reviled stores in Spider-Man history ( OMD, Sins Past and earlier reconned Shed) he becomes a hero to the readership. I am going to predict that in 874 OMD is erased, and maybe the marriage restored in Amazing 1000. If I am correct and OMD is history I will actually give him a grade of B. Why? Too long to get to the final result but at least I get what I finally want: The deal terminated. If I am wrong I say D because I went through 3 years of unrealized expectations.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-08-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Might be a little controversial...but I do not want OMD undone and I don't need anyone aware of the deal....I just want them to move forward and get married. History has already been altered...don't alter it again. Just move forward.

But I doubt even that will happen. Editorial has pretty much mandated that Peter needs to get kicked in the teeth by life forever and not ever get ahead. No good job, no marriage, no family...just endlessly being knocked back from any success.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-08-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Might be a little controversial...but I do not want OMD undone and I don't need anyone aware of the deal....I just want them to move forward and get married. History has already been altered...don't alter it again. Just move forward.
    One More Day made it clear that if he marries Mary Jane Mephisto will interfere to prevent it. Now I'd kinda be okay with overlooking that but it's clear that most fans will never really enjoy Spider-Man unless the events of that story are undone. I don't know how many times since that stories have been hyped or dismissed by the fandom at large based on whether it seemed like it might undo One More Day.

For me personally the Mephisto deal and the dissolution of the marriage was less of issue than him never confronting Mephisto again. It doesn't have to undo or re-write any of the history since Brand New Day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    One More Day made it clear that if he marries Mary Jane Mephisto will interfere to prevent it. Now I'd kinda be okay with overlooking that but it's clear that most fans will never really enjoy Spider-Man unless the events of that story are undone. I don't know how many times since that stories have been hyped or dismissed by the fandom at large based on whether it seemed like it might undo One More Day.

For me personally the Mephisto deal and the dissolution of the marriage was less of issue than him never confronting Mephisto again. It doesn't have to undo or re-write any of the history since Brand New Day.
    They can just say that either the Secret Wars / Battleworld thing that erased reality wiped it out or the Heroes Reborn story line broke the deal somehow.

For me it is really just a matter of going forward and not backward.

I have a feeling they arent going to completely retcon OMD. I bet they are going to "fix" Peter Parker so that he has a completely "untainted" soul. MJ's part of the deal that she whispered to Mephisto was that she will remember everything, meaning she remembers being married and everything leading up to the deal, maybe they will make Peter remember everything too, this way Marvel can have them remember being married without having them ever being married.......you know like a have your cake and eating it too thing
    Last edited by omegafix; 09-08-2021 at 04:35 PM.