A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 11: The MunchKing vs Siriel

Here we go.

Voting and debate rules:

- To avoid mass unreadable debate, each participant is allowed 8 posts to make their argument in their matches.
    - Each match is open for discussion for 48 hours.
    - Once all match discussions are over, vote threads will be posted on Thursday with polls (we have special dispensation from the board to allow polls). These will last for two days..

Team MunchKING
    Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5 w/ Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10
    Rita Repulsa (MMPR) 7 w/ Sentinel (X-Men: DoFP) 7, Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7, Paul Tibbets Binoculars (7)
    Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers) 4, Radioactive Spider Bite (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) 6, Captain America's Vibranium Shield (MCU) 2
    Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9 w/ Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8
    Magneto (X-Men Movies: Young) 8 w/ Star Blade (Smallville) 9, Real World Gun of Choice (Real World) 1, Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10
    T-800 (Terminator Movies) 2 w/, Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (X-Men Movies) 4, Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun (Community) 5
    Godzilla (2000) 9 w/ House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours (MCU) 9, J.A.R.V.I.S. (MCU) 2
    Superman (Superman and Lois) 10 w/ Plastic Gun with Mutant Cure Darts(3)

Team Substitute
    Sylar (Heroes) 7: Time Stone (MCU) 9, Vest of the Corsican Brothers (Warehouse 13) 7
    Eli (Heroes) 5: Absorption of Godspeed Tachyons (Flash) 9, Absorption of Kurse Stone (Thor: Dark World) 7, Ambrosia (Xena: Warrior Princess) 9, Magneto's Psychic Resistant Helmet (X-Men Movies: Young) 5
    Emma Frost (X-Men Movies) 5: MITRE Headset (Doctor Who) 9
    Barbas (Charmed) 6: Reality Stone (MCU) 9
    Paige Halliwell (Charmed) 4: Book of Shadow (Charmed) 6, Blood of Charmed Ones (Charmed) 7, Velocity 9 Injections (Flash) 9, TVA Time Twister Collar and Controller (Loki) 4
    Charlie (Firestarter) 6: Power Tripling Potion (Charmed) 9, Centipede Serum (MCU) 5, Terrigenesis upgrade, Daisy (MCU) 5, Phoenix Charm (Warehouse 13) 6
    Captain Marvel (MCU) 10
    Castiel (Supernatural) 6
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Team Substitute

Sylar (Heroes) 7
    Time Stone (MCU) 9, Vest of the Corsican Brothers (Warehouse 13) 7

Eli (Heroes) 5
    Absorption of Godspeed Tachyons (Flash) 9, Absorption of Kurse Stone (Thor: Dark World) 7, Ambrosia (Xena: Warrior Princess) 9, Magneto's Psychic Resistant Helmet (X-Men Movies: Young) 5

Emma Frost (X-Men Movies) 5
    MITRE Headset (Doctor Who) 9

Barbas (Charmed) 6
    Reality Stone (MCU) 9

Paige Halliwell (Charmed) 4
    Book of Shadow (Charmed) 6, Blood of Charmed Ones (Charmed) 7, Velocity 9 Injections (Flash) 9, TVA Time Twister Collar and Controller (Loki) 4

Charlie (Firestarter) 6
    Power Tripling Potion (Charmed) 9, Centipede Serum (MCU) 5, Terrigenesis upgrade, Daisy (MCU) 5 Phoenix Charm (Warehouse 13) 6

Captain Marvel (MCU) 10

Castiel (Supernatural) 6

Vs.

Kaiju for Life-u

Time for Monkeying Around
    Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10

Have You seen my New TIE?:
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5
    -- Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10

Rita Their Rights!:
    Rita Repulsa (MMPR) 7
    --Sentinel(X-Men: DoFP) 7
    -- Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7
    -- Paul Tibbet's Binoculars (Warehouse 13) 7

It's So Evil Being Green
    Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers) 4
    -- Radioactive Spider Bite (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) 6
    -- Captain America's Vibranium Shield (MCU) 2

All Serpents Great and Small
    Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9
    -- Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8

Master of Mortars
    Magneto (X-Men Movies: Young) 8
    -- Star Blade(Smallville) 9
    -- Real World Gun of Choice (Real World) 1
    -- Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10

Termination of ALL Life Forms
    T-800 (Terminator Movies) 2
    -- Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (X-Men Movies) 4
    -- Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun(Community) 5

Ain't No Party Like a Godzilla Party!
    Godzilla(2000) 9
    -- House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours[(MCU) 9
    — J.A.R.V.I.S. (MCU) 2

The Last Gun of Krypton!
    Superman (Superman and Lois) 10
    -- Plastic Gun w/ Mutant Cure Darts (X-Men: The Last Stand) 3

So to get this Magnet’s Emotional breakdown out of the way, when he remember s the last time they had this fight, he remembers Barbas. The nightmare of being weak and helpless. When he is weak and helpless people around him die! When he’s got his power people die too, but at least those are the ones that wronged him. His Mom, his family, his team, whether through incapability or choosing not to fight, whenever he is weak people he cares about dies. So he CAN’T be weak this time. He can’t let more people see him as weak. Make him NOT the Master of Magnetism, but an ordinary frighted boy lashing out at what scares him. Survivor’s Guilt Magneto joins the Fight.

Anakin whining about how much he hates the sand and loves murdering sand people isn’t enough to push him into enough anger to make a meme-hater Magneto, but it’s close.

Fortunately for him, someone else is stepping up. You know how you deal with a Fear Demon? Use magic to bind it and send it off until you can bargain with it for more power. Rita will teleport the demon to her pocket dimension thing back on PR Earth’s moon.

Now Magneto knows Emma Frost is powerful psychic. He’s dealt with her before. She couldn’t stop his metal powers before with her diamond form and her mind-powers couldn’t penetrate his helmet. Therefore he’s the best one to take her on. He can fire a few quick rounds from his giant gun at her. She never displayed the kind of bullet timing feats Magneto had even before his knife power up, so the giant gun should wreck her before she has time to react. Also, the Sentinel, detecting her mutant genes will set off to super murder her.

The other thing about firing repeatedly into the general area of Eli is the rhythmic thumps will do something special here. They will attract the giant and mighty sand worm to devour as many Eli McNuggets as it wants. With a massive maw, while individual Elis might escape hundred of them will be sucked in. And While a God maybe able to handle the stomach acid and digestion process of a Sandworm It would take a while for them to punch their way out, giving us the count-out over them. Also while the Gods were somewhat immortal, they could feel pain. So I’m thinking the pain of the digestive process would really distract the other Elis who are using the same brain. Heck, Maybe if I’m lucky it’ll catch ALL the team that can’t get out of the way fast enough and eat them all.

With no nearby oceans or lakes to call the Dragon Zord out of, It looks like Tommy is stuck with his normal Power Ranger/Evil Rita Minion powers. I’m thinking we want that Time Stone out of there before it can cause too much trouble. However the Corsican vest reflects physical damage. So Tommy can teleport over to Sylar and warp him to Rita’s zone back in her base.

The T-800 still has his gun that teleports people to alternate dimensions. So he too can get close and shoot people.

The Basilisk is big and full of venom. While the wiki talks about how tough the Angels are, Basilisk venom was known to cut through all sorts of magical and mundane protections. So while the Basilisk is going around looking at things, he can try to bite and poison Castiel.

In order to stop Captain Marvel, we’ll send Superman to do battle with her.

SG Magneto wants to prove he’s an asset by stopping the witch powers of Paige. With his superman speed and fine control of metal, he pops her TVA collar on her. However instead of then activating any of it’s fancy time powers, he just squeezes it until he chokes her out. Or her head pops off, whichever. He’s not shy about the killing.

Who do you send to stop a crazy fire-user? How about a Monkey who may or may not be really fireproof, but is really stubborn and will keep on fighting. Also thanks to his shapeshifting and magic kung fu, he dance circles around her and be really amusing/annoying while doing so.

Godzilla and all the other monsters can go smash up the enemy team. I mean it will probably mostly be stepping on Elis, but Godzilla does have atomic Breath.

The Jarvis suits can fly around layering the other team to keep them distracted so they can’t activate their powers to stop the real threats.

I’’ll point out that all my dudes are experienced fighters, and once the situation inevitably changes, they can move on from one plan to the next, taking out all targets to the best of their abilities.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Last time, Munch and I ended up in a tug-o-war over which team the spaceship would fall on, and repeats are bad for ratings so we'll avoid that.

Step 1: The Set-Up

Time to reveal an ace up my sleeve, that Paige can teleport people without going along.

Thanks to this, her first move will be teleport Eli behind the enemy team, then Charlie and Sylar high in the air above the battlefield but not under the ship.

As soon as he appears, Eli will start multiplying himself and go ham on the enemy team, focusing Magneto and Superman but generally not minding too much who he wrecks - thanks to the Basilisk being gigantic, there should be no risk of human-sized people meeting its gaze as long as they don't look up.

From above, Sylar will use his telekinesis to keep himself and Charlie afloat while Charlie closes her eyes and releases shockwaves down under the enemy team with her massively amplified quake powers, breaking the footing of everyone there and forcing everyone to keep close to the ground - this will also attract all the nearby giant worms to mob Munch's team. The two will be careful not to look down toward the basilisk, to avoid meeting its gaze. The enemy has a lot of ways to attack people in the air, but anything trying to go up at them would have to fly through shockwaves that are multiple times stronger than ones powerful enough to punt Graviton into space instantly, so good luck with that.
    Of course this will disrupt Eli too, but being his clones, superspeed and the fact that he's expecting it, he should be able to deal with it better than the army of giant monsters.
    Sylar is there to make sure nobody tries to go at Charlie on the sides, rewinding them to be further away as they try to approach.

In the meantime, Castiel will teleport away with Emma to a safe place a few miles to the East of the battle, and she'll take over Superman and turn him against Magneto - they might have been on the same team, but they'd make a nice rivalry.
    Once this is done, she'll move on to the Basilisk (commanding it to close its eyes and attack the other monsters around), and then Godzilla, then slowly the rest of the team.
    Castiel's job is to bodyguard her, keeping her away from danger by moving away from it while she's busy in the astral realm.

Barbas and Captain Marvel will teleport inside the ship and take out Vader with a swift punch to the face. Then the two will destroy the ship, and Barbas will use the reality stone to help funnel the energies released into Carol, transforming her into Kaiser Marvel, who will come crashing down to engage the Magnetos or Sun Wukong, whichever is more noticeable to her at the time.

Taken out: T-800, Superman, Basilisk, Tommy (possibly), Rita (possibly), Vader, the assorted robots (if they try to fly up and get smacked by Quake's powers at close range). Probably Magneto.

The Big Finish

Being honest, between the uncontrollable creatures from the box, the worms, the confused melee between various superbricks and Charlie slamming the whole thing down, I have no idea what the situation will look like on the ground after that.

So let's finish it all wtih a bang. Eli's clones will teleport out of the confusing melee, forming a circle around the disaster zone to prevent our enemies from escaping. By this point the number of clones should be more than anything on the enemy team can deal with, so the real one will teleport to a safe space and continue multiplicating rather than offer his relatively meager contribution.

Barbas will join the team high and the sky and materialize a platform under their feet (leaving a hole for Charlie's power to pour through) while also creating a massive dome around the enemy team with the Reality Stone, trapping them in a gun's barrel. The rest of my team and Emma's controlled minions will do their best to keep them inside this dome.

Meanwhile Sylar will use the time stone to accelerate time for Charlie alone, effectively granting her superspeed.

At this time, Charlie will switch from Quake's powers to her own, releasing an intense and infernal steam of heat and energy down at the enemy team, while Paige will join her and Sylar up in the air and start chanting a slightly modified Charm of Multiplicity from the Book of Shadows (changing 'my' for 'her'*), creating clones of Charlie to rapidly increase the intensity of the attack to levels that no one can manage - no one, that is, except possibly Kaiser Marvel, who'll only grow stronger and stronger as she absorbs more energy until she feels she has enough to release a devastating photon blast that destroys the remains of the enemy team in an epic explosion as my team pauses dramatically in the background.

Who wants roasted Kaiju for dinner?

*: While this particular variant was never used in the show, similar alterations have been done by Paige and her sister, and Wyatt demonstrated that this specific spell could be cast on other people in one of the comics, so I'm hoping that's enough precedents to establish this can be done. If not a single Charlie sped forward through time should still be enough to make this strategy work.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Not supposed to have links in your strat. Interesting we both went for a teleport people away strat.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Last time, Munch and I ended up in a tug-o-war over which team the spaceship would fall on, and repeats are bad for ratings so we'll avoid that.
    But once again we went for the same strat.

Step 1: The Set-Up

Time to reveal an ace up my sleeve, that Paige can teleport people without going along.

Thanks to this, her first move will be teleport Eli behind the enemy team, then Charlie and Sylar high in the air above the battlefield but not under the ship.
    Or not, Well that makes it easier for me to get to your guys I guess.

As soon as he appears, Eli will start multiplying himself and go ham on the enemy team, focusing Magneto and Superman but generally not minding too much who he wrecks
    Can Eli Fly? Magneto and Superman can.

- thanks to the Basilisk being gigantic, there should be no risk of human-sized people meeting its gaze as long as they don't look up.
    I mean it DOES have giant eyes now...

From above, Sylar will use his telekinesis to keep himself and Charlie afloat while Charlie closes her eyes and releases shockwaves down under the enemy team with her massively amplified quake powers, breaking the footing of everyone there and forcing everyone to keep close to the ground - this will also attract all the nearby giant worms to mob Munch's team.
    And eat all your elis since they were zerg rushing my team

We ARE back on the same page!

The two will be careful not to look down toward the basilisk, to avoid meeting its gaze. The enemy has a lot of ways to attack people in the air, but anything trying to go up at them would have to fly through shockwaves that are multiple times stronger than ones powerful enough to punt Graviton into space instantly, so good luck with that.
    Wait, you said you were aiming down through the ground, but also that it will disrupt my fliers and make them stay low and close to the ground rather than flying up and away from the underground shockwaves. How is this supposed to work?

This isn't sarcastic mocking, I really don't get that one.

Sylar is there to make sure nobody tries to go at Charlie on the sides, rewinding them to be further away as they try to approach.
    Fortunately it won't do him much good in a pocket dimension.

In the meantime, Castiel will teleport away with Emma to a safe place a few miles to the East of the battle, and she'll take over Superman and turn him against Magneto - they might have been on the same team, but they'd make a nice rivalry.
    I thought that something like that might happen that's why I went for superspeed gun her down at the bell.

But even if Castiel does get his teleport off the gun can actually shoot "a few miles" with a high degree of accuracy, even without the Master of Magnetism controlling the bullets.

At this time, Charlie will switch from Quake's powers to her own, releasing an intense and infernal steam of heat and energy down at the enemy team, while Paige will join her and Sylar up in the air and start chanting a slightly modified Charm of Multiplicity from the Book of Shadows (changing 'my' for 'her'*), creating clones of Charlie to rapidly increase the intensity of the attack to levels that no one can manage - no one, that is, except possibly Kaiser Marvel, who'll only grow stronger and stronger as she absorbs more energy until she feels she has enough to release a devastating photon blast that destroys the remains of the enemy team in an epic explosion as my team pauses dramatically in the background.
    That kind of teamwork combo is EXACTLY why we needed to break up your team and take them out individually before you could get a strategy going.

Anybody got any questions about my strat before arguments end?

I'm super sorry for posting this so late, I've been struggling with things lately.

Post 1; just looking at the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Not supposed to have links in your strat. Interesting we both went for a teleport people away strat.
    My bad, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Fortunately for him, someone else is stepping up. You know how you deal with a Fear Demon? Use magic to bind it and send it off until you can bargain with it for more power. Rita will teleport the demon to her pocket dimension thing back on PR Earth’s moon.
    I don't remember Rita being able to teleport people around at will without knowing where they are (3 miles of distance should easily break line of sight) but Barbas could teleport right back anyway. Every demon in Charmed (really, pretty much everyone who can teleport) can travel across dimensions - it's kind of mandatory since they come from the underworld and attack people on Earth.

Now Magneto knows Emma Frost is powerful psychic. He’s dealt with her before. She couldn’t stop his metal powers before with her diamond form and her mind-powers couldn’t penetrate his helmet. Therefore he’s the best one to take her on. He can fire a few quick rounds from his giant gun at her. She never displayed the kind of bullet timing feats Magneto had even before his knife power up, so the giant gun should wreck her before she has time to react. Also, the Sentinel, detecting her mutant genes will set off to super murder her.
    While it's true he's much faster, Magneto doesn't have super-aiming powers (nor did the Star Knife demonstrate granting any to my memory) and Castiel would teleport her away - again, we're three miles apart. With the Gustav's muzzle velocity of 2,700 ft/s, it would take just under 6 seconds for a bullet to reach my starting location, plenty of time for Castiel to get her to safety.

The other thing about firing repeatedly into the general area of Eli is the rhythmic thumps will do something special here. They will attract the giant and mighty sand worm to devour as many Eli McNuggets as it wants. With a massive maw, while individual Elis might escape hundred of them will be sucked in. And While a God maybe able to handle the stomach acid and digestion process of a Sandworm It would take a while for them to punch their way out, giving us the count-out over them. Also while the Gods were somewhat immortal, they could feel pain. So I’m thinking the pain of the digestive process would really distract the other Elis who are using the same brain. Heck, Maybe if I’m lucky it’ll catch ALL the team that can’t get out of the way fast enough and eat them all.
    I somewhat doubt the chance of a giant sandworm against a guy stronger than Thor, but it's a bit meaningless anyway - bullets will make basically non-existent impacts compared to what Charlie is doing, and Eli is teleported away.

With no nearby oceans or lakes to call the Dragon Zord out of, It looks like Tommy is stuck with his normal Power Ranger/Evil Rita Minion powers. I’m thinking we want that Time Stone out of there before it can cause too much trouble. However the Corsican vest reflects physical damage. So Tommy can teleport over to Sylar and warp him to Rita’s zone back in her base.
    Could the Morphers teleport other people? The Command Center could, but I don't recall the Rangers ever doing it by themselves in the show.

That said, Tommy would start falling as soon as he teleports in, and Sylar could beat him back with telekinesis so I like my odds even if he can.

The Basilisk is big and full of venom. While the wiki talks about how tough the Angels are, Basilisk venom was known to cut through all sorts of magical and mundane protections. So while the Basilisk is going around looking at things, he can try to bite and poison Castiel.
    I do think that would put Castiel through hell, but the big snake has no ability to locate people or move particularly fast (it is in fact fairly slow) so I don't see that happening.

In order to stop Captain Marvel, we’ll send Superman to do battle with her.
    Fine by me, that just means he's looking around without finding her while she's punching Vader's face off, then he gets mind-controlled by Emma.

SG Magneto wants to prove he’s an asset by stopping the witch powers of Paige. With his superman speed and fine control of metal, he pops her TVA collar on her. However instead of then activating any of it’s fancy time powers, he just squeezes it until he chokes her out. Or her head pops off, whichever. He’s not shy about the killing.
    Paige is much faster than him (season 3 Clark had superspeed, but his more impressive feats come after he faced the Star Blade) and he'll be a bit too busy getting shockwave'd by Charlie to focus on someone who isn't nearby, I'd think. Besides, Paige could just teleport out of the collar.

Who do you send to stop a crazy fire-user? How about a Monkey who may or may not be really fireproof, but is really stubborn and will keep on fighting. Also thanks to his shapeshifting and magic kung fu, he dance circles around her and be really amusing/annoying while doing so.
    He'd have a hell of a time charging through shockwaves massively more powerful than those required to instantly launch someone into space to get to her, I'd think.

Overall I think things like up somewhat to my advantage. The attempted teleport on Sylar if it goes through (if Tommy can do it and can do it before he falls down) would put a dent in my strategy admittedly, but since Quake can propel herself with her powers and has levitated in the past, Charlie should be able to stay in the air.

Some of the moves attempted here underestimate a three miles starting distance in my opinion.
    Last edited by Siriel; 09-08-2021 at 03:36 AM.

But once again we went for the same strat.
    Great minds, etc.

Can Eli Fly? Magneto and Superman can.
    I don't recall Xena gods flying often enough for me to say that he can, no. That's part of why I wasn't pick about his targets. That said without Magneto flying away in a hurry and with Charlie pressuring from above, I'd assume he can reach them at least a fair amount of the time.

I mean it DOES have giant eyes now...
    True, but they're also high up.

And eat all your elis since they were zerg rushing my team
    Sacrifices have to be made, and so forth. If i have to lose a few clones along the way, that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Wait, you said you were aiming down through the ground, but also that it will disrupt my fliers and make them stay low and close to the ground rather than flying up and away from the underground shockwaves. How is this supposed to work?
    Charlie is teleported above your team and fires shockwaves down, so unless something was already flying high up (like the ship), logically she'd be pushing down against them.

That kind of teamwork combo is EXACTLY why we needed to break up your team and take them out individually before you could get a strategy going.
    I think my strategy can still go off, but this is definitely a close match. I wish I could have been around to post earlier.
    Last edited by Siriel; 09-08-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Could the Morphers teleport other people? The Command Center could, but I don't recall the Rangers ever doing it by themselves in the show.
    I don't remember them doing it, but Tommy was SPECIAL. He had a power-up as the Green Lantern that let him shoot a laser that teleported people.

I do think that would put Castiel through hell, but the big snake has no ability to locate people or move particularly fast (it is in fact fairly slow) so I don't see that happening.
    More time to look at people and eat extraneous extras.

Paige is much faster than him (season 3 Clark had superspeed, but his more impressive feats come after he faced the Star Blade) and he'll be a bit too busy getting shockwave'd by Charlie to focus on someone who isn't nearby, I'd think. Besides, Paige could just teleport out of the collar.
    He's got range though, and Charlie is a bit busy taking a few million tons to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Charlie is teleported above your team and fires shockwaves down, so unless something was already flying high up (like the ship), logically she'd be pushing down against them.
    Oh, well in that case Sun Wukong thought he'd could make it to India in like three jumps, so getting enough Vertical to get high enough to hit Charlie should be easy. (Also he can fly.)

Also you're talking like Charlie can start blasting before my superspeed dudes can start flying away. Did I miss some Superspeed power?

I think my strategy can still go off, but this is definitely a close match. I wish I could have been around to post earlier.
    Too close, I'm wishing you hadn't posted.