Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    From what I remember Morrison never said what Multiverse-2 exactly is.
    Yeah I think Morrison alluded to what it was in Multiversity but I don’t recall if there was any specifics like in this series. All The Empty Hand/Gentry said was that it was their former victim and then it sends the Justice Incarnate away.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I will say I am now a big fan of President Superman.
    Yeah, it has a real ring to it which surprised me.

But anyway... can DC please stop with all these Crisis events? Just pick one status quo/multiverse/hypertime/meta-omni-Omega-verse and go with it? I thought this story was just going to explore the fallout from Metal and tell a more grounded story with interesting characters in this "new normal", but right away we're being sent into another Crisis event. And I stupidly thought they would roll out Darkseid slowly to build him up. Nope - gotta jam him in there.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-10-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

But anyway... can DC please stop with all these Crisis events? Just pick one status quo/multiverse/hypertime/meta-omni-Omega-verse and go with it? I thought this story was just going to explore the fallout from Metal and tell a more grounded story with interesting characters in this "new normal", but right away we're being sent into another Crisis event. And I stupidly thought they would roll out Darkseid slowly to build him up. Nope - gotta jam him in there.
    Totally agree with everything you said.

Just stop with these crisis events and give us good stories.

I did like Psycho Pirate just saying he was leaving and going onto the next crisis but at the same time it scared the $hit out of me.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

. . . I did like Psycho Pirate just saying he was leaving and going onto the next crisis but at the same time it scared the $hit out of me.
    But which is scarier: what a new "CRISIS" may mean in terms of the fate(s) of our favorite character(s), or what it may mean in terms of a long, drawn-out mediocre story and how much $'s it may cost to follow it?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But which is scarier: what a new "CRISIS" may mean in terms of the fate(s) of our favorite character(s), or what it may mean in terms of a long, drawn-out mediocre story and how much $'s it may cost to follow it?
    Both sound awful.

I love DC, always have. I just want good stories. Like what the Flash book is currently giving. Just good stories. To many crisis will keep pushing fans away in my opinion.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I wonder how the DC staff from around the time of the original Crisis thinks of this new take on the Multiverse since they thought the original one was complicated.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Hell they could have more than one if they wanted to without the Crisis. Just...introduce another Earth? Doesn't have to be some huge story behind it just, hey look, here's a new place we're going to build up from scratch, and the old place is still going to be there with those new generations. Why? Because we want to. And off to the races.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I wonder how the DC staff from around the time of the original Crisis thinks of this new take on the Multiverse since they thought the original one was complicated.
    That was the party line at DC that time and the justification Jeanette Kahn had for CoiE. I don't think we should take it at face value anymore than Didio's various self-serving justifications for New 52.

Astonishing Member

The real reason for COIE was for money.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Both sound awful.

I love DC, always have. I just want good stories. Like what the Flash book is currently giving. Just good stories. To many crisis will keep pushing fans away in my opinion.
    Broken continuities make telling good stories difficult because writers are building their narratives on a foundation of quicksand.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014