Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe, but the lack of shared universe means that certain teams would never exist, unless origins are changed in each pocket Earth.
    Oh I don’t think that DC wants to do that given Pariah seems to be pretty clearly set up as a villain. The heroes will just have to find a way to stop him I’m assuming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Could still get their own multiversal team.

Wonder what team gets their own Earth? Wolfman/ Perez Titans?
    I would say: JL, Titans(will other Titans affiliated teams get their own Earth?), Outsiders, JSA and Young Justice

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh I don’t think that DC wants to do that given Pariah seems to be pretty clearly set up as a villain. The heroes will just have to find a way to stop him I’m assuming.
    The weird part is that Pariah's idea, ill-conceived as it might be, seems sort of reasonable. The 'whole everyone remembers everything, contradictions and all' doesn't make sense and creates convolution.

Incredible Member

The ending was the best part. but it's hard to imagine Barry and Wally's family all in the same place. I would definitely like to see Cyborg stuck in a Matrix type of Earth illustrated by ACO or a similar art style from his Nick Fury mini-series.

Astonishing Member

The Great Darkness from Swamp Thing seems to be the main bad.

If Pariah's worlds is the Elseworld, then since it's the opps of Earth Omega (evil) then they are the good worlds.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I wonder what Wally (Earth-0 main version) thinks happened to Barry and if he'll lead a search party to find him.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    And Finally Barry Allen
    spoilers:
    He doesn’t come back, he went to fast and wound up beyond the omniverse. It’s there where he runs into Pariah of Crisis fame who informs him of Multiverse-2 which seems to be the destroyed remains of the pre-crisis multiverse.

Then it gets weird. Because Pariah kills/breakdowns/reconstructs? Barry and puts him in a new world where he will be happy designated Earth-Flash.1 where Barry is at a dinner table with his mother, Iris, his two twins, a young Wallace, Kid Flash Wally, and Jay Garrick. It leaves with a message of 2022 hinting that Pariah may have gone mad and is the villain of the next crisis but I’m only guessing at that point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So he'll need rescuing then. I assume this will be why Calvin recruits Avery Ho, one of Earth-0's other Flashes?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder what Wally (Earth-0 main version) thinks happened to Barry and if he'll lead a search party to find him.

Would there be tremblings in the Speed Force?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would there be tremblings in the Speed Force?
    Perhaps, and just the fact that Barry didn't return from the mission would alarm Wally and Co.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The ending was messier than expected. Multiverse-2 and Earth.Flash-1? Jesus.
    Why not call Multiverse-2 the First Multiverse or something more accessible? Multiverse-2 sounds like Earth-2's Multiverse.
    I also hope we don't get more alternate Earths for each character. DC can't seem to focus on the existing ones already.

The simplest solution would be to just explore each era of the DC Omniverse as its own multiverse.
    - First Multiverse: Pre-Crisis Earths (1,2,3, X etc).
    - Legacy Earth: Post-Crisis Earth-0 (technically not a multiverse, because all universes were combined into one).
    - New 52 Multiverse: Post-Flashpoint's 52 universes.
    - Multiverse Prime: home of the Metaverse and the post-Death Metal Earths (like the new Earth-3 from Crime Syndicate).

All multiverses would be restored and available for writers to use. Every story originally set in the main DCU would have a home in the Omniverse and the Metaverse would be free to use a streamlined combination of everything that worked from past continuities.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The weird part is that Pariah's idea, ill-conceived as it might be, seems sort of reasonable. The 'whole everyone remembers everything, contradictions and all' doesn't make sense and creates convolution.
    Bored at 3 am’s timeline sounds reasonable

Linearverse the fuck out of this continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The ending was messier than expected. Multiverse-2 and Earth.Flash-1? Jesus.
    Why not call Multiverse-2 the First Multiverse or something more accessible? Multiverse-2 sounds like Earth-2's Multiverse.
    I also hope we don't get more alternate Earths for each character. DC can't seem to focus on the existing ones already.

The simplest solution would be to just explore each era of the DC Omniverse as its own multiverse.
    - First Multiverse: Pre-Crisis Earths (1,2,3, X etc).
    - Legacy Earth: Post-Crisis Earth-0 (technically not a multiverse, because all universes were combined into one).
    - New 52 Multiverse: Post-Flashpoint's 52 universes.
    - Multiverse Prime: home of the Metaverse and the post-Death Metal Earths (like the new Earth-3 from Crime Syndicate).

All multiverses would be restored and available for writers to use. Every story originally set in the main DCU would have a home in the Omniverse and the Metaverse would be free to use a streamlined combination of everything that worked from past continuities.
    Hey it’s not Williamson’s fault, Multiverse-2 is another Grant Morrison thing created back in Multiversity. I think all Williamson did was actually explain what it was.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Multiverse 2, Earth 2, similar pattern. The "first" isn't always number 1.

They will never fully undo COIE so I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Multiverse 2, Earth 2, similar pattern. The "first" isn't always number 1.

They will never fully undo COIE so I understand.
    That’s what I took from it, that it was a reference to DC calling it’s original earth Earth-Two so that their then contemporary characters could be on Earth-One.

I miss the pre-Superboy Prime Earth-Prime where the only hero that ever appeared was Ultraa and him only briefly. Otherwise it was the world we actually live in, featuring comic book creators but no comic book characters.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rikdad View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, the elephant in the room is weak storytelling. A new Earth is observed and it's called Earth Omega (the symbol that Darkseid has used in Final Crisis and elsewhere) and then the heroes are surprised when Darkseid shows up. How did the heroes learn that it was called Earth Omega? Was there a sign on it that said "Earth Omega"? Is there some Darkseid-ish vibrational fingerprint on it and that's how they knew to call it that, and if so, shouldn't they have been concerned immediately about the threat of Darkseid? The ludicrousness is so front and center that I can't really see anything around it.

This story (and all of the Metal events and Snyder's JL run) seem to begin with a bunch of stuff that the writer wants to have happen, and then the story will have as many expository speeches as required to make those things happen. That's just really bad storytelling. But if you only care about the end results that happen and you don't care how they are presented, I guess this passes as an OK event. Stuff does happen.
    I'm of the same mind. There's some interesting stuff in there, certainly, but this feels like pointless plate-spinning in order to fulfill editorial edicts in regards to continuity that Metal was supposed to finally resolve...then didn't because of...reasons.

On the plus side, Xermanico was back on art, so it was gorgeous plate-spinnng