Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I think it's quite obvious that these new series are not meant to entice existing die-hard comic readers to get a Marvel Unlimited subscription, but rather people who can be drawn in by the characters which they know from other media.

I have not read the story yet, but checked out the format and it looks interesting, but I prefer regular comics to it. This feels like kind of like a comic - webtoon mash-up to me.

I'm more pissed about the fact that I just lost the information about which comics I've already read through the update.
    So disney marvel can fleece their black audience to the tune of over a billion bucks, lie about the reason for not recasting tchalla and still despite that much money have no interest in luring casual fans of color into their books or unlimited subscriptions. Sounds about right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Pretty underwhelming. Just a silly story to get people to subscribe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So disney marvel can fleece their black audience to the tune of over a billion bucks, lie about the reason for not recasting tchalla and still despite that much money have no interest in luring casual fans of color into their books or unlimited subscriptions. Sounds about right.
    My understanding is that there will be new issues each week, so I meant that they would launch it with the big names and then hopefully in the next weeks they will have focus on other characters as well.

But I don't follow stuff about the behind the scenes creators other than knowing who the writer and artist are, so I don't know anything about the editor-in-chief here and also I'm from the other side of the world where diversity means something completely different than it does in the US, so my opinions on this kind of stuff is skewed.

Interesting, just as DC starts producing original content for webtoons, Marvel has opted to create their own version. Hickman’s dialogue heavy, long form writing style isn’t suited for this sort of thing, he can’t play to his strengths in a format that’s meant to be short and easily-consumable. Most webtoons are romances , slice-of-life comedies, and dramas for a reason. Don’t expect any wide-scale narratives.

BANNED

Meh it was borrring. Welp it isn't canon and its definitely seems like Hicks did it for leisure. Thats it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Meh it was borrring. Welp it isn't canon and its definitely seems like Hicks did it for leisure. Thats it.
    Infinity comics are in-universe stories, which is non-geek talk for canon.

they are definitely cannon lol, they take place in 616 universe
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wonder how long this is going to go on for.

After reading "issue" one if they do it for 12 weeks there may be enough material for 1 oversized one-shot

I thought it was really good! Way better than the current wolverine run. If i didn’t want hickman writing xmen so bad i would want him doing a wolverine solo series.

This was better then anything percy has written

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    This was better then anything percy has written
    Yeah, don’t get me wrong, i don’t hate percy’s run… i just find it to be mediocre. I like wolverine fighting vampires and dracula as much as the next guy but the whole run feels so generic imo. Hickman was having fun with wolverine and while it is not the only way to write a good wolverine story it was sure effective. I was reading the whole thing with a big stupid grin on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Tchalla is a situation where they are screwed either way. People are going to flip if they recast him. If they don’t recast him people will be upset. It is just a bad situation and they should not take advantage of tragedy to appease any of their fan base regardless of color. And i don’t think the black audience is a monolith that you can just dance around to a tune whether you are marvel or just a poc fan. We all have our preferences and opinions on what needs to happen with these books and most often our expectations are going to fall short. And it is also worth pointing out that marvel is a business before anything else and when you are talking billons of dollars it encompasses way more than just one demographic. Black panther or shang chi would not do well if it was only blacks and asians going to see them. It is okay to feel marginalized given the history but let’s keep things in perspective. We all go to these movies and read the comics because we enjoy the characters and stories. They are entertainment before anything else.

Extraordinary Member

It's canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Tchalla is a situation where they are screwed either way. People are going to flip if they recast him. If they don’t recast him people will be upset. It is just a bad situation and they should not take advantage of tragedy to appease any of their fan base regardless of color. And i don’t think the black audience is a monolith that you can just dance around to a tune whether you are marvel or just a poc fan. We all have our preferences and opinions on what needs to happen with these books and most often our expectations are going to fall short. And it is also worth pointing out that marvel is a business before anything else and when you are talking billons of dollars it encompasses way more than just one demographic. Black panther or shang chi would not do well if it was only blacks and asians going to see them. It is okay to feel marginalized given the history but let’s keep things in perspective. We all go to these movies and read the comics because we enjoy the characters and stories. They are entertainment before anything else.
    Facts.There are many factors other than and/or more important than race at play.
    It's a mess either way.I get BP fans want Black Panther, but the casual audience would criticize the f*ck out of Marvel for it.
    MCU has kept a clean slate going so far, as compared to DC.I doubt they would take such a risk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    they are definitely cannon lol, they take place in 616 universe
    Well that's sounds kinda disappointment. Either way i don't expect someone like Hickman wasting time on some digital webtoon.