Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    When I moved from NY to ATL I had to sell off all of my collection of comics to help me fund my move and give me living expenses, but let me tell you, Marvel Unlimited has been a dream to read some of those issues again! My only big complaint is that XFactor, XForce, and Excalibur aren't fully on collected on there but more and more come on all the time... If you are on the fence about Marvel Unlimited, I suggest trying it out. I've read things I've always wanted to read but never did like The Defenders or Fantastic Four or Mutant X. It is a lot of fun!
    Reading issues and series I always wanted but never had the chance to read is my favorite thing about the MU app. The alternative would be to buy TPBs (this can get crazy expensive) or risk exposing your phone/computer to viruses and such by going to sites with free scans. Admittedly, I recently did the latter to hunt down the original X:Men: Forever by Fabian Nicieza, which, oddly, is not available on MU. Thankfully, I incurred no damages and it was well worth the trouble.

Another thing I love about the MU app is discovering things I never knew about or would have bothered reading. I recently read the original New Mutants spin-off, Fallen Angels (1987), and was completely engrossed. I've ended up discovering so many oddities that I now consider favorites. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.
    I do...just not on comics. ;D
    Chiiile... How do you read comics, then?

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I only read through Marvel U now. I was using that service to catch up on some stuff I missed over the years, but was still buying a few series through Comixology on release date. Once MU switched to only a 3 month delay, I gave up on buying current issues and now read everything on there. The last few years I was always falling a few months behind on reading so this is no different. Sure, it is tough to avoid spoilers, but I am also reading way more comics than I ever did and checking out stuff I would have never had the money to buy. Can't beat paying less than $6/month for all you have access to.
    It was easy for me to switch because I was never a comic "collector" . I've saved a few series that I really enjoyed, but most ended up in the recycling container every couple of years when I decided to purge. I also didn't feel like I was abandoning my LCS because I got most of my books through Marvel's print subscription service. I would really only went to my LCS to get a mini or event series or to check out a new title.
    Agreed. I sold my collection and stopped collecting comics years ago. I hate clutter. The app is perfect for the type of comic book reader that I am.

What the ****. They just anounced Hickman was leaving the X-Men bla bla his three-acts plan bla bla bla

Now they just anounce another title?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    What the ****. They just anounced Hickman was leaving the X-Men bla bla his three-acts plan bla bla bla

Now they just anounce another title?
    It's probably just a short special project.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

@Mercury

I buy just 8 comics...all Marvel (10 when Inferno and Black Panther start). Everything else I "read" on YT. Lucky for me, there's a whole ton-load of "crap" that I'm just not interested in so I don't feel I'm missing out on stuff.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-08-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    @Mercury

I buy just 8 comics...all Marvel (10 when Inferno and Black Panther start). Everything else I "read" on YT. Lucky for me, there's a whole ton-load of "crap" that I'm just not interested in so I don't feel I'm missing out on stuff.
    I totally understand. I unintentionally lied about not buying comics; I've been buying hard copies of X-Men since the reboot, and I don't regret doing so. Other than that, I just stick to MU and do like you re: YT or other spoiler sources.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope it's more than that.

But on an aside:
    One of the main reasons i disagree with hickman over lack of previews or solicits is people like me just can't trust writers and artists to do right by us. I don't want to pick up book after book and be disappointed because there is no diversity which we barely get now despite there being previews.
    Agreed, but writers should have the choice to give us a half/quarter preview if it's something special.Not on every issue, but ones w/ important stuff.Depending on how good the writer has proven himself, he gets more of these.

Nothing about this at all on the actual app, so no idea when it's actually happening today.

Also, the announcement video uses a logo for Marvel Unlimited that is not the Marvel Unlimited logo, so that's odd.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 09-09-2021 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Nothing about this at all on the actual app, so no idea when it's actually happening today.

Also, the announcement video uses a logo for Marvel Unlimited that is not the Marvel Unlimited logo, so that's odd.
    I just checked and also found nothing.

WHERE THE HELL IS IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed, but writers should have the choice to give us a half/quarter preview if it's something special.Not on every issue, but ones w/ important stuff.Depending on how good the writer has proven himself, he gets more of these.
    They really be missing out on how loyal we can be. For instance it's rare for manga to have characters of color and i was reading radiant and i loved the story and then ochoco came and i was like "Whaaat?!" and she was written well so you know what i did? I went on comixology and bought the first 13 volumes flat out, still have to read them but i appreciate someone stepping up and saying we all belong in stories. And i plan on getting all the volumes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Please let it be released a little later in the day. My kids start school today, so I won't be able to read or join thr discussion until much later. I don't want to miss the initial hype wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Please let it be released a little later in the day. My kids start school today, so I won't be able to read or join thr discussion until much later. I don't want to miss the initial hype wave.
    But it's like lunchtime already - just because you lot in the New World all wake up really late after a hard day discovering potatoes, or whatever it is you do over there. All steam turbines to full power, Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    But it's like lunchtime already - just because you lot in the New World all wake up really late after a hard day discovering potatoes, or whatever it is you do over there. All steam turbines to full power, Marvel!
    It's only 8am here on the east coast. lmao. Marvel main offices probably not even open yet. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't discover potatoes, I take them to school. And I don't actually want everyone screwed over for my sake, I'm just venting.

But since you defied me, brb gonna hex the servers. /jk

And yes i am weird enough that i just looked up marvel office hours. Monday-Friday 9am -5pm. lmao
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.