Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    For those interested, the comic is available for free here (I still can't figure out how to find it on the MU app):

https://www.marvel.com/mu-21xmenunlimited
    Very much appreciated Mercury.

It just honestly baffles me like how a man who pretended to be asian is running a comic company where he is adverse to diversity. I mean i just can't. Soon as i saw C.B at the end i sneered. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-09-2021 at 07:02 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

You're welcome, jwatson!

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    Did you update the MU app yet? You won't see the changes on the old version.
    How do I update it?

EDIT: Okay, I think I just figured it out.

Extraordinary Member

Eight new Marvel comic series featuring X-Men, Captain America, more coming as digital exclusives
    X-Men Unlimited

Outgoing 'Head of X' writer Jonathan Hickman is launching a new volume of the X-Men Unlimited anthology series, beginning with a Wolverine vs. AIM story drawn by Declan Shalvey.

"Declan and I were pretty obsessive about stressing what we can do within the [Infinity] format and we think X-fans will be happy with the result," Hickman says in the announcement. "I'm always up for trying out new ways to make stories, and this turned out to be a very interesting format."

Marvel's announcement describes X-Men Unlimited as "a series of rotating adventures" focused on the current 'Reign of X' era of mutantkind.

Even as a massive Wolverine fan this doesn’t entice me to get a MU subscription. Hopefully they release it on ComiXology at some point. If not, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This must be the Hordeculture serie everyone was clamoring about
    Dreams do come true!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It was kind of an interesting way to play with the format, hard for most sites to re-host/pirate it. It didn't add to the enjoyment though, and it just made coming through the story kind of annoying. The story itself was meh.

Finally I can get the app update with that new logo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It was kind of an interesting way to play with the format, hard for most sites to re-host/pirate it. It didn't add to the enjoyment though, and it just made coming through the story kind of annoying. The story itself was meh.
    I don't mind the format, the storytelling can take advantage of it. It is more suited to 'light' storytelling though, so little snippets work well. As for the story, I cannot tell if it it is very 'clever' or 'stupid' or both lol.

I don't see this replacing the regular comic book format any time soon. The story played into the gimmick of you scrolling down constantly quite cleverly, but it immediately lacks the dynamism of panel size and layout you'd normally expect.

Extraordinary Member

How they manages to come up w/ an idea so boring that even Hickman's name can't hype me up or even care enough to consider an MU subscription.I do wonder if they can pirate the format.

Also as soon as Hickman is not head of X we get 2 series focusing on him and now a weekly by Hickman for Wolvie.One thing Krakoa did right was it wasn't just focused on 3-4 star mutants, guess that's not gonna last smh

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Looks like Hickman is working on something called “infinity comics” one of the new features added to MU, the book that hes working on seems to be called Xmen Unlimited, the stories are cannon as well btw

https://www.marvel.com/unlimited
    Enh! I suppose they do have their target audience for this. But yes...nothing terribly exciting or marginally interesting for me.
    I do appreciate when Marvel doesn't try to fleece me of my hard-earned coppers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I like the idea of a new X-men Unlimited and the vertical format works well for reading on the smartphone.
    But the actual story was very meh. It was mostly an art showcase with zero substance.
    I hope the next issues have more meat to the bones and feature characters who actually need the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Very much appreciated Mercury.

It just honestly baffles me like how a man who pretended to be asian is running a comic company where he is adverse to diversity. I mean i just can't. Soon as i saw C.B at the end i sneered. lol
    The baffling part is getting rewarded for it or should I say despite it ……anyway ……I guess some people can only fall upward, it’s like a special club………I wonder what’s the secret of their success ?!?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The baffling part is getting rewarded for it or should I say despite it ……anyway ……I guess some people can only fall upward, it’s like a special club………I wonder what’s the secret of their success ?!?
    Thinking about it it actually explains a lot. Say what you will about the previous team in charge but at least they tried. Since CB has been here its been more outsourced stuff and definitely erasure of the prominence of characters of color even more than ever before. I actually think he gets props for getting away with it from around the studios. Only thing that makes sense to me but i'm like one announcement away from an FU marvel, for real. He's the rachel dozleal of comics.

edit: But one thing is for sure any book now with not a fair distribution of diversity, i'm done, 1000% i'm not getting devil reign, i'm not getting pretty much anything coming up because of that. Just screw it. But i am sure as hell using it as motivation.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-09-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

I think it's quite obvious that these new series are not meant to entice existing die-hard comic readers to get a Marvel Unlimited subscription, but rather people who can be drawn in by the characters which they know from other media.

I have not read the story yet, but checked out the format and it looks interesting, but I prefer regular comics to it. This feels like kind of like a comic - webtoon mash-up to me.

I'm more pissed about the fact that I just lost the information about which comics I've already read through the update.