Default 2010s Shonen Protagonist Battle Royale

Asta from Black Clover

Shinra Kusakabe from Fire Force

Yuji Itadori from Jujutsu Kaisen

Tanjiro Kamado from Demon Slayer

Shiki Granbell from Eden's Zero

Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia

Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins

Edit: Sorry for including Senku. I was making this based on another list and forgot to remove him.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-07-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Meliodas is strong enough to kill everyone else here with his first attack, by accident.

Barring Meliodas, Senku's only hope is that everyone else just suffers a heart attack and dies since he is a somewhat out of shape teenager who probably can't survive being caught in the back blast of a fight between a bunch of people who are all at least as strong as Tsukasa, and most likely significantly stronger and faster.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-07-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Meliodas obliterates everyone in the match by waving his sword in their general direction.

Horrendous mismatch, near biblical in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Meliodas obliterates everyone in the match by waving his sword in their general direction.

Horrendous mismatch, near biblical in nature.
    Melodias was the only one I was familiar with in the line-up, and I knew he was quite the powerhouse. But it seems he's too much for the rest of the roster.

Mia San Mia!

Current manga Asta wins easily. Asta's feat is much more impressive than Meliodas, and the only one that can give Asta a run out of his money is Shiki, just because Shiki is sci-fi oriented. If Asta can destroy Shiki gravity with Devil's Union then the others are walk over him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki View Post
    Current manga Asta wins easily. Asta's feat is much more impressive than Meliodas, and the only one that can give Asta a run out of his money is Shiki, just because Shiki is sci-fi oriented. If Asta can destroy Shiki gravity with Devil's Union then the others are walk over him.
    Meliodas could slice a mountain in half with swinging a twig at it, and that was several massive power-ups ago. Asta isn't even close to that level, like at all. He's also too slow to keep up with Meliodas.

If we count out Meliodas I would maybe back Shinra and his light speed fire kicks myself. ...hmm, I've fallen behind on Fire Force. Gotta catch up with it again.

Dear me.

Meliodas is wildly physically beyond Asta in every stat that matters. He has a superior range game, can literally ignore mountain busting blasts to the face and is capable of blitzing dudes who run literal miles in an instant.

I'm only half paying attention to Black Clover and I know he has no chance here.

Mia San Mia!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Meliodas could slice a mountain in half with swinging a twig at it, and that was several massive power-ups ago. Asta isn't even close to that level, like at all. He's also too slow to keep up with Meliodas.

If we count out Meliodas I would maybe back Shinra and his light speed fire kicks myself. ...hmm, I've fallen behind on Fire Force. Gotta catch up with it again.
    So what? Asta cut a walking city with ease. Asta can also react with Licht and Lumiere that fight faster than a Light Mage which can move at the speed of light like Pathry. Not to mention Meliodas is a demon made of magic and Asta kills that thing easily. Not to mention it's unfair for Meliodas because Asta doesn't use magic so Full Counter can't be used against Asta.

At first, I thought about durability, but Asta already take a blow from Zagreb and Dante that has a more impressive feat than Meliodas.

So in my opinion the power ranking goes: Asta > Shiki > Meliodas > Shinra > Deku > Tanjiro

Shiki is the most interesting because in recent arc we still didn't see his full power yet after training. But, the pulling space dragons into black hole is impressive so... We will see if current Shiki is stronger than Meliodas or not.

I think I'm gonna have to ask you for scans or chapter citations for your claims about Asta there Aozaki.

Also, as noted, Meliodas' durability is such that he is notably more durable than generic Escanor who treats mountain sundering attacks like papercuts.

Like, Ban hit Meliodas so hard he split a multiple mile tall mountain of pure diamond with the force of it and the Captain was fine.

My dude is mad durable.

Extraordinary Member

So what? Asta cut a walking city with ease. Asta can also react with Licht and Lumiere that fight faster than a Light Mage which can move at the speed of light like Pathry. Not to mention Meliodas is a demon made of magic and Asta kills that thing easily. Not to mention it's unfair for Meliodas because Asta doesn't use magic so Full Counter can't be used against Asta.
    Which one is the walking city? The biggest opponent I remember Asta beating is that giant demon from the current arc, and that's very specifically because Asta's anti-magic is really good against stupid brute demons like that. Meliodas sliced up a bigger target with simple slashes and that was before he got a **** ton of power-ups that lets him shrug off mountain busting attacks.

Just because they use light magic doesn't mean that they can move at light speed. Nobody from Black Clover is even close to light speed.

Meliodas doesn't need to use Full Counter to beat Asta. He can just punch him once and instantly win that way.
    At first, I thought about durability, but Asta already take a blow from Zagreb and Dante that has a more impressive feat than Meliodas.
    Of those two only Dante did any damage to a mountain and that was with a very focus black hole. Asta was never hit with that attack. Meliodas hits way harder than both Dante and Zagreb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Which one is the walking city? The biggest opponent I remember Asta beating is that giant demon from the current arc, and that's very specifically because Asta's anti-magic is really good against stupid brute demons like that. Meliodas sliced up a bigger target with simple slashes and that was before he got a **** ton of power-ups that lets him shrug off mountain busting attacks.

Just because they use light magic doesn't mean that they can move at light speed. Nobody from Black Clover is even close to light speed.

Meliodas doesn't need to use Full Counter to beat Asta. He can just punch him once and instantly win that way.

Of those two only Dante did any damage to a mountain and that was with a very focus black hole. Asta was never hit with that attack. Meliodas hits way harder than both Dante and Zagreb.
    I believe that "walking city" Aozaki is referring to is the floating mobile fortress used by the Spade Kingdom, which was using its citizens as living mana batteries, that was featured at the very beginning of the six month time-skip. Asta in Black Asta mode sliced it in half with Black Divider. Admittedly, it's a very impressive feat, but Meliodas literally wiped out an entire kingdom(Danafor) in a flash just by being pissed off, along with the aforementioned feats of him cutting through and obliterating mountains with pressurized swings from a sword and twig. He also destroyed a large chunk of a countryside just by spinning around the first time he went full demon in the manga in his fight with Helbram. Keep in mind that Meliodas isn't using any special attacks with these feats, he's just applying his physical strength. And that was several power-ups ago. As for the "speed of light" remarks, dude, we do not go by hearsay on this site. Especially since there are marked differences between "real" light and "magical" light in fiction, with the latter always being demonstrated to be slower than the former. Even Black Clover makes this distinction, considering that Lucky is regarded as the fastest of the Black Bulls, and that it is stated he only moves at the speed of "real" lightning only after learning how to use True Magic (which, as you know, isn't even a fraction of the speed of light).

So, no. Asta is not going to blitz or overpower Meliodas, whereas Meliodas can easily bisect Asta with a air slash or just blitz him to death.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-08-2021 at 10:17 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Mia San Mia!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I believe that "walking city" Aozaki is referring to is the floating mobile fortress used by the Spade Kingdom, which was using its citizens as living mana batteries, that was featured at the very beginning of the six month time-skip. Asta in Black Asta mode sliced it in half with Black Divider. Admittedly, it's a very impressive feat, but Meliodas literally wiped out an entire kingdom(Danafor) in a flash just by being pissed off, along with the aforementioned feats of him cutting through and obliterating mountains with pressurized swings from a sword and twig. He also destroyed a large chunk of a countryside just by spinning around the first time he went full demon in the manga in his fight with Helbram. Keep in mind that Meliodas isn't using any special attacks with these feats, he's just applying his physical strength. And that was several power-ups ago. As for the "speed of light" remarks, dude, we do not go by hearsay on this site. Especially since there are marked differences between "real" light and "magical" light in fiction, with the latter always being demonstrated to be slower than the former. Even Black Clover makes this distinction, considering that Lucky is regarded as the fastest of the Black Bulls, and that it is stated he only moves at the speed of "real" lightning only after learning how to use True Magic (which, as you know, isn't even a fraction of the speed of light).

So, no. Asta is not going to blitz or overpower Meliodas, whereas Meliodas can easily bisect Asta with a air slash or just blitz him to death.
    To be fair the feat of Meliodas against Helbram doesn't destroy a large chunk countryside at most part of town that is smaller than what Asta did to cleave mobile fortress. Not to mention Meliodas never really fight against someone as fast as Zagreb or Lumiere, especially Lumiere that easily, I mean easily faster than Luck. And to be honest there is no way whatever Meliodas throw to Asta works.

He is anti magic for godsake, any magic power and his whole being will be slaughtered by Asta.

To be fair the feat of Meliodas against Helbram doesn't destroy a large chunk countryside at most part of town that is smaller than what Asta did to cleave mobile fortress. Not to mention Meliodas never really fight against someone as fast as Zagreb or Lumiere, especially Lumiere that easily, I mean easily faster than Luck. And to be honest there is no way whatever Meliodas throw to Asta works.

He is anti magic for godsake, any magic power and his whole being will be slaughtered by Asta.
    Meliodas rarely uses magic rather than his completely non-magical, casually mountain-shattering strength, which should be more than enough to splatter Asta.

Seriously, one of the earliest strength feats he had in the series is him and Ban causing the massive, extremely magically reinforced prison fortress they were in to just flat out explode as a side effect of them playfully arm wrestling one another, and they both got absolutely insane power boosts since then. And before that, he casually pulled one a spear that was stabbed into the ground up hard for an entire village to be able to even budge it, them the it so hard and so far that it split a tower that was miles away practically in half from the sheer force of impact.

And I don't recall anyone in Black Clover having concrete reflex feats anywhere near as fast as Meliodas' favorite sparring partner Ban, who does things line dodging around a barrage of slashes so fast in an instant that his superhuman opponent didn't realize that he used her attacks to perfectly shave off his beard, and at the end of the series was doing things like using his thief powers to precisely rip out the hearts of an entire army of monsters pretty much instantly.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-08-2021 at 11:31 PM.

And this is also ignoring that Meliodas *also* fights against, reacts to, and outsped high end light magic users, so Asta doesn't even have better feats than him on that front, even if we assume that their light magic opponents are on the same tier (they *really* aren't, what with Asta's opponents being an elf king possessd by a low level demon and Meliodas' being the strongest members of the Goddess clan) and that either set of light/holy magic had any feats of actually traveling anywhere near actual light speed (which they *really, really, really* don't).

Extraordinary Member

To be even fairer, when Meliodas fought Helbram he was at one of his weaker states in the series and in a berserker mode, I.E. not really in control of himself. He has since then topped that performance (and Asta's mobile fortress feat) many, many, many times over.

You should stop bringing up Zagreb and Lumiere. They're not very impressive compared to Meliodas in terms of strength, damage and speed. Just take one exchange from his fight against Drole and Gloxinia. Gloxinia hits him with an attack that sends Meliodas several miles away and explodes with a mountain busting force. Meliodas just gets back up with no visible damage and zips right back to the fight like it's not big deal. And again, he's gotten several power-ups since then.

I'd also say that while Meliodas might get surprised by the anti-magic properties of Asta's weapons he still wouldn't take any real damage from them since he's just ignored attacks that are stronger, anti-magic or no and his toughness is just because he's that tough. And he can attack just fine with mountain destroying punches that don't contain any magic whatsoever. Asta's anti-magic weapons won't matter at all really.