Default Digimon Adventure (Original) - Partner Digimon Ranking

So, I was just interested in hearing your thoughts on how the original Partner Digimon from the original Digimon Adventure (1999) rank. To twist it up a bit, lets do a ranking per level.

So who is the strongest (and weakest and in-between) out of:

Rookie:
    - Agumon
    - Gabumon
    - Biyomon
    - Tentomon
    - Palmon
    - Gomamon
    - Patamon
    - Salamon

Champion:
    - Greymon
    - Garurumon
    - Birdramon
    - Kabuterimon
    - Togemon
    - Ikkakumon
    - Angemon
    - Gatomon

Ultimate:
    - MetalGreymon
    - WereGarurumon
    - Garudamon
    - MegaKabuterimon
    - Lillymon
    - Zudomon
    - MagnaAngemon
    - Angewomon

Mega:
    - WarGreymon
    - MetalGarurumon
    - Phoenixmon
    - HerculesKabuterimon
    - Rosemon
    - Vikemon
    - Seraphimon
    - Magnadramon

Have fun.

MagnaAngemon was so strong he could end foes that Mega level digimon WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon couldn't beat. So that makes him at least the strongest of the ultimate levels.

I think I remember Gatomon gave Greymon troubles, so she might get the nod for champion levels? Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    MagnaAngemon was so strong he could end foes that Mega level digimon WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon couldn't beat. So that makes him at least the strongest of the ultimate levels.
    While I'm all for MagnaAngemon being badass, that is not exactly true. I mean sure, he slashed Piedmon with his sword and made him plummet to the ground, painfully.

But in the end, he still needed WarGreymon's and MetalGarurumon's help to blast him into his Heaven's Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    While I'm all for MagnaAngemon being badass, that is not exactly true. I mean sure, he slashed Piedmon with his sword and made him plummet to the ground, painfully.

But in the end, he still needed WarGreymon's and MetalGarurumon's help to blast him into his Heaven's Gate.
    In my defense, I'm working on memories from like 20 years ago when I watched this as a kid.
    Still think it probably puts him as the strongest ultimate level if he's running on more or less equal footing with the two mega levels against the strongest mega of the Dark Masters.

Edit: I just realized, I know people in my family who weren't even born yet when I was watching this anime on Saturday mornings. And I don't mean kids, but actual freaking teenagers now. God I feel old...
    Last edited by Vakanai; 09-07-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

In my defense, I'm working on memories from like 20 years ago when I watched this as a kid.
    Still think it probably puts him as the strongest ultimate level if he's running on more or less equal footing with the two mega levels against the strongest mega of the Dark Masters.

Edit: I just realized, I know people in my family who weren't even born yet when I was watching this anime on Saturday mornings. And I don't mean kids, but actual freaking teenagers now. God I feel old...
    I have to agree. MangaAngemon tends to be portrayed as hitting way above his weight class.

Even in S2, MangaAngemon was throwing down with BlackWarGreymon.

I know we normally shouldn't use a new season to inform a previous season, but given the whole season revolved around all the digimon being depowered to rookies and having to use armor to compensate along with everyone basically going "Oh ****, MangaAngemon can probably do it if we can set it up." before he even took to the field (I think? This was awhile ago) does lend support to the idea everyone thought he was a cut above your average Ultimate, to say nothing of the fight itself.

But really, just the Piedmon fight alone is pretty sufficient to show he can throw down with Megas when he needs to.

Mighty Member

Yeah the angels are typically at the top of their level, and Magnanemon even more so than Angewomon, although i am not sure who is at the top of Mega between Seraphimon and Magnadramon.