Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, luckily, Peter will be out of this. Don't get me wrong, but if Peter is going to be in coma for the time Ben take over the suit, I think it will be safer for him, Mary Jane and Aunt May to stay out of Kingpin's shot.
    yeah dont wanna another omd
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

ok just read the synopsis: shocker? aint he the comic relief of peters villains? Chip about to make Shocker top tier in this even huh. Yeah Peter is kinda lucky that he isnt in this event then again I wouldnt put it past Kingpin to attack Mj and Aunt May anyway considering Ben would still care for them
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ok just read the synopsis: shocker? aint he the comic relief of peters villains? Chip about to make Shocker top tier in this even huh. Yeah Peter is kinda lucky that he isnt in this event then again I wouldnt put it past Kingpin to attack Mj and Aunt May anyway considering Ben would still care for them
    Mackie made an attempt to make Shocker a serious threat in the late 90s.

Then Spencer made him a goofball again in ‘Lethal Foes.’

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Poor shocker can’t catch a break won’t be suprised if he goes back to villain decay again

Shocker can be a serious threat. He actually wrecked Spider-Man in their first fight.

It's just now he's seen as the biggest jobber of his Rogues Gallery.

Fantastic Member

Shocker just needs to roll in with his buggy and its GG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Everyone was a goofball in Lethal Foes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shocker can be a serious threat. He actually wrecked Spider-Man in their first fight.

It's just now he's seen as the biggest jobber of his Rogues Gallery.
    He could wreck street level heroes if he ever took the time, just not Spider-man(he's more low mid and insane versatility).
    Like DD,Punisher, etc. are fodder to him if he's even semi component.Even people like Iron fist and Luke cage who are above him can be taken down if he plays his cards right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, luckily, Peter will be out of this. Don't get me wrong, but if Peter is going to be in coma for the time Ben take over the suit, I think it will be safer for him, Mary Jane and Aunt May to stay out of Kingpin's shot.
    It'd be more dangerous since they can be targeted, and from December solicitsspoilers:
    He's gonna be out of coma and maybe even back in the suit
    end of spoilers in december itself.
    Hopefully Peter is involved in the later things, its a twice a month and 6 issues.Zdarsky writing his return to help the heroes would be *chef's kiss*

--- What's going to be the tipping point in exposing Fisk as a fraud and a gangster once and for all? Seems like NYC residents have a super-short memory regarding him, and he didn't even use the Purple Man's mind control powers-- or did he?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I know some people are upset Peter might not be in this, but hey Ben fans have probably been wondering how Ben would have reacted to the various Marvel events throughout the years too. This is a Daredevil event after all anyway, I'll be picking this up

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I know some people are upset Peter might not be in this, but hey Ben fans have probably been wondering how Ben would have reacted to the various Marvel events throughout the years too. This is a Daredevil event after all anyway, I'll be picking this up
    It's more that Peter has been a part of both this DD run and mayor Kingpin has been a big deal in his ASM run.I am happy that we do have Ben here, and it seems like in a major role via covers.Hopefully acc. to December solicits Peter is part of the last 4.Knowing Zdrasky, having Pete be back in a big way would be *chef's kiss*.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    --- What's going to be the tipping point in exposing Fisk as a fraud and a gangster once and for all? Seems like NYC residents have a super-short memory regarding him, and he didn't even use the Purple Man's mind control powers-- or did he?
    The sad thing is, it's not that they don't know he's a crook --- they've just rationalized he's better, in a manner of speaking, than the other crooks angling for power and control in NYC. Also, thank/blame Secret Empire for giving Fisk the opportunity to set himself up as a protector and provider for the ordinary people of NYC while the superheroes were busy scrambling to evade HYDRA-Cap or gather the shards of the Cosmic Cube to make him go back to "normal," which played a great part in him becoming "Mayor Fisk."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's more that Peter has been a part of both this DD run and mayor Kingpin has been a big deal in his ASM run.I am happy that we do have Ben here, and it seems like in a major role via covers.Hopefully acc. to December solicits Peter is part of the last 4.Knowing Zdrasky, having Pete be back in a big way would be *chef's kiss*.
    Yeah, thematically Ben being there doesn't mean as much as Peter would, but this is like how SpOck was in Age of Ultron (not that the writing really showed it in the main event book). Just a matter of timing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, thematically Ben being there doesn't mean as much as Peter would, but this is like how SpOck was in Age of Ultron (not that the writing really showed it in the main event book). Just a matter of timing.
    Yeah, and knowing Chip it would pay off.Not all is lost, we could still see him in the last 4 issues if he is back in some capacity in the end of december.Heck, even if he's non-mobile he could have an oracle type role, or if he can move and it's not bait in the solicits then Peter being back and helping the heroes could be even bigger than before.If anyone can capitalize on this, it's Zdarsky.All he needs is to make sure Beyond has Peter back in time for those issues.