Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spider-man has had multiple arcs in ASM in this run w/Kingpin and his sone came back in it.New Avengers came back in ASM to deal w/Kingpin, Spidey is a constant guest star in current DD run and Matt brought him to Kingpin and Company and told them Spidey would deal w/them when he's in prison.

All that set-up wasted.Ben has no weight in the story, it doesn't matter if it's Ben or Miles or Thor, because there's no build up.Not saying don't use them in these, but they can't replace the weight here.

Also we were going to get Spidey going to meet Matt after his fight w/Kindred but editorial cut it out, it was in ASM.
    From what I know, Daredevil and Spidey had a lot of team ups in the 90's right? They knew each other identities, heck - Daredevil even showed in that 2000's game for PSX and N64.

I don't understand why they can't be friends anymore and guest Starr I their respective books. It felt like Zdarsky wanted to, and in the end we got a Bro moment between them. I just hope it stays this way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    From what I know, Daredevil and Spidey had a lot of team ups in the 90's right? They knew each other identities, heck - Daredevil even showed in that 2000's game for PSX and N64.

I don't understand why they can't be friends anymore and guest Starr I their respective books. It felt like Zdarsky wanted to, and in the end we got a Bro moment between them. I just hope it stays this way.
    They are.

DD was gonna guest star in ASM after the kindred thing but they removed it, we still have the art for it.

They kinda ruined it in BND, they also ruined Black Cat and had her almost hook up w/ him.It was a terrible OOC story(for all 3 Spidey, Cat and DD), unfortunately Jed Mackay thinks an Almost hook means DD is her "lover".It's the diff. b/w MJ and Cat, MJ has a line "a drunk almost hook up doesn't make us star crossed lovers" or something like that.Although it was OOC for Cat.
    We also have the non-canon claws, which again had a wildly OOC Spidey(talks like a drunk pervert) and Felicia.

Just keep the friendships strong and never mention the god-awful hook-ups again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They are.

DD was gonna guest star in ASM after the kindred thing but they removed it, we still have the art for it.

They kinda ruined it in BND, they also ruined Black Cat and had her almost hook up w/ him.It was a terrible OOC story(for all 3 Spidey, Cat and DD), unfortunately Jed Mackay thinks an Almost hook means DD is her "lover".It's the diff. b/w MJ and Cat, MJ has a line "a drunk almost hook up doesn't make us star crossed lovers" or something like that.Although it was OOC for Cat.
    We also have the non-canon claws, which again had a wildly OOC Spidey(talks like a drunk pervert) and Felicia.

Just keep the friendships strong and never mention the god-awful hook-ups again.
    Could You post a link to that DD/Spidey art? I would love to see it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Could You post a link to that DD/Spidey art? I would love to see it
    I can't seem to find it.
    It's unused art.It's after Spider-man makes it out of Creepy lair Kindred has where he had the entire Spider-fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I know that a certain individual here would absolutely love if that wasn't a misleading cover Either way looks cool, can't wait to see Ben's role in the story, really hope they bring up Ben and Matt's previous history with that team up they had.

Astonishing Member

So weird seeing Ben Reilly represent as Spider-Man again for the big Marvel events. I think the last one was ‘Onslaught’ in 1996. It’s one thing for Ben to be back, but for him to be repping as Spidey again… in the big events too? This is definitely something I thought I’d never see again and I kinda have to pinch myself to remind myself I’m not dreaming. Ben back as blonde and as Spidey… If the Daily Grind cast appears again, then I can die happy.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

It is indeed super weird to see Ben with the others. I wonder if that old feud with Kingpin in Clone Conspiracy will be addressed.

I’m really excited for this event. Zdarsky’s books are amazing and I have no doubt that Devil’s Reign is going to be as good as the rest of his work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    It is indeed super weird to see Ben with the others. I wonder if that old feud with Kingpin in Clone Conspiracy will be addressed.

I’m really excited for this event. Zdarsky’s books are amazing and I have no doubt that Devil’s Reign is going to be as good as the rest of his work.
    Aye, I was late to the Zdarksy and Daredevil hype train, becoming a fan of both not long after the volume started, and since I don't pick up an issue in the middle of a run, I sadly have been left in the dark with this era of Daredevil. Still, I'll be picking this up, it looks like a great event.

Astonishing Member

Well, luckily, Peter will be out of this. Don't get me wrong, but if Peter is going to be in coma for the time Ben take over the suit, I think it will be safer for him, Mary Jane and Aunt May to stay out of Kingpin's shot.

I am looking forward to this.

Just odd no Peter but it is what it is.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

It does feel odd to me just because of all the Peter/Fisk stuff going on, it feels like he should be somewhat involved, but the timing probably didn't help.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, luckily, Peter will be out of this. Don't get me wrong, but if Peter is going to be in coma for the time Ben take over the suit, I think it will be safer for him, Mary Jane and Aunt May to stay out of Kingpin's shot.
    Maybe not. If Kingpin finds out that the Spider-Man he's currently facing isn't the same as the one that's bedeviled him all these years, he could try to finish the job started by whoever put Peter in the hospital, and as we've seen in the past, he has no problem sending Peter's loved ones to the afterlife with him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe not. If Kingpin finds out that the Spider-Man he's currently facing isn't the same as the one that's bedeviled him all these years, he could try to finish the job started by whoever put Peter in the hospital, and as we've seen in the past, he has no problem sending Peter's loved ones to the afterlife with him.
    Maybe, but luckily, this time Kingpin still ignores who thre real Spider-Man is (Peter Parker). So, even if he gets Ben, he still won't know who the Spider-Man he knows really is.

doc ock is rocking the spiderman 2 design in time for the movie
    spider-woman battle damaged suit amazing
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy